Highlighted

Re: Younger Women Together in London

Hi I’m Kelly, I’m 40 (38 at diagnosis) I was diagnosed with triple negative in March 2017. I had carboplatin, paclitaxol and FEC and was also on the partner trial. Lumpectomy and 20 rads. Finished treatment Dec 2017. Nervous but excited to met you xxx

Oh my goodness Claire, our stories sound almost exactly the same! You were just a few months ahead of me. Look forward to meeting you tomorrow x

Hi,

My name in Claire.  I was diagnosed August 2017 with stage 2 grade 3 triple negative breast cancer.  I was also found to have a BRCA1 mutation.  I had a mastectomy, chemo and radiotherapy which finished in June this year and then in July had a second mastectomy and my ovaries removed.  Looking forward to meeting you all.

Hi everyone. I’m Ali(ce). Diagnosed in May with triple negative breast cancer. Finished chemo 2 weeks ago and about to have the big op in three weeks😳
Looking forward to meeting you all. X

Hi My names Lindsay, I was diagnosed Jan of 2017 age 37 with IDC Grade 3 + DCIS in the same breast, I had a mastectomy with reconstruction & finished chemotherapy the end of June 2017, I opted to have my other Breast off in January of this year, Im now on tamoxifen along with a monthly zoladex injection.
I’m feeling really nervous about meeting you all, reading your intros made me feel quite emotional... but I’ll blame the pills, I always do ha ha
See you on Friday x

Hi Steph, I’ve emailed you, thanks for opportunity but I understand it might not be for me as I’m in a grey area. I don’t seem to fit or belong anywhere but I will find support, enjoy the event and thanks for trying x

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

I’m Emily. I’m 43 and was diagnosed in June 2017 with stage 2 Triple Negative and finished my treatment in January 2018. I can’t wait to get to know you all better. I’ve found the post treatment phase surprisingly hard, with the expectation to get back to normal, so spending time with others with a shared experience is going to be great. Smiley Happy 

Thanks for letting me join in and I am so looking forward to meeting you all.x I am bit of a different case. Diagnosed whilst taking a year off to do charity work with my husband, I had to be treated abroad as I had to start treatment within a week of getting my diagnosis so there was  no time to come back to the UK. I am a stage 4 (long story why!) TNBC survior, radical mastectomy on left hand side. 8 x chemo, 6 weeks of radiation. Finished treatment 4 years ago but I have just been diagnosed with the BRCA gene Smiley Sad so I feel I am starting over again and feeling overwhelmed. But I am here Smiley Happy.  

Hi all, I’m Jan. I was diagnosed with IDC grade 3 HER2+ this August. I am currently going through my chemo and antibodies treatment, with four weeks left of Paclitaxil. Looking forward to meeting you all next Friday. Xx

Hello all,

So, before I introduce myself, I want to say thank you!

On day one, I will have this forum page open, so when you say: "Hi, I'm so-and-so," I will check your name, your introduction, and says "yes, we've met." It's possible that we'll repeat the same introduction 101 times (",)

So, who am I? I am Rae - I live so close to the venue, I could attend weaing my Pyjama Smiley Happy

I noticed my lump when I was 33. I am 35 now and was diagnosed in October 2017 with left breast G2, ER8, PR8, Lymph nodes positive.

I am really looking forward to meeting everyone, and I'll tell you all why next week Smiley Happy

Rae x

Hi, my name is Malina and I am looking forward to meeting everyone on Friday.  I was diagnosed in November 2017 and underwent chemo, surgery and radiotherapy and am now on Tamaxofen.  

Hi everyone! I’m Alys, 40 today eek! Got an 11 month old, was diagnosed in June and have my penultimate chemo on Tuesday! Hoping the tax train allows me to attend next weekend as I’m really looking forward to it x

Hi I’m Lauren, I was diagnosed with triple negative, stage 2 grade 3 breast cancer last October. Really looking forward to meeting you all next week x

Hello Everyone Smiley Happy I am really looking forward to meeting you all!

Being thrust into this experience has been quite intense (understatement of the century), and though I have had support from friends and family, I have felt the need to speak with women who 'get me'. 

In Feb I was diagnosed with IDC Stage 1 Grade 3, Hormone + Her2 -

I finished chemo in the summer, started Tamoxifen and am now trying to create my new normal, which at times is exciting and other times not so exciting! 

And that's it, in a nutshell... Smiley Happy

Hi, I’m Jo, 38 and diagnosed with triple positive grade 2 IDC August 2017. Two more herceptin injections to go 😃 but another 4.5 years of tamoxifen. Looking forward to meeting you all next week.

Hi, I'm Sarah (40) diagnosed in May this year. Just finished chemo and having surgery in 3 weeks (eek!). Really looking forward to meeting all of you awesome ladies next week.

[ Edited ]

Hi Ladies, im Gemma, 36 from Sutton in Surrey. Diagnosed with triple positive stage 3, grade 2 IDC in Oct 17. What a whirlwind of a year it's been! Look forward to meeting you all next week.

Hi All I’m Sarah (42) I finished active treatment the end of last year for Stage II er+ BC. I’m currently feeling my way through hormone treatment. Looking forward to meeting you all next week! X

Hi all, I'm Marina, 41. Diagnosed with stage 1 grade 3, triple negative breast cancer in February 2018. I have finished treatment 2 weeks ago and look forward to meeting you all next week. 😊

Hi all. I'm Becca, 39. Diagnosed with grade 3 triple negative inflammatory BC in May 2017. Looking forward to meeting everyone next week .xxx