Re: Younger Breast Cancer Network (UK), online support for young women diagnosed with breast cancer

I have no idea about the page, but as a recent diagnosee (is that a word?) I thought I would say "hello" Smiley Happy  

Re: Younger Breast Cancer Network (UK), online support for young women diagnosed with breast cancer

Hi
Is this page still running? Can t see a recent post? Would be great to talk to other younger women with breast cancer.
Thanks

Kitty

Hi ladies,

I thought I'd write to you on here as I'm a little scared. Found a area of thickened tissue in my right breast, near my armpit, last year and was referred to the beast clinic. Was sent home after an ultrasound where the doc said it was just excess breast tissue.

fast forward a year I found a new lump on my right breast and I am now being sent for u/s and biopsy as they also found my lymph nodes are swollen in the area where the thickened tissue is.

Sorry for posting such a long message. I just need to talk to people who have been through these tests as I have no idea what to expect and I haven't spoken to my fiancé or my family yet.

Also apologies if I'm writing on the wrong forum, I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm turning 26 soon so was looking to ask people of my age group about their experiences.

Thanks x

I just wanted to say thank you to the amazing SBC ladies who have been in touch with me in the last 10 days since I was referred for an MRI for a possible bone met picked up on bone and CT scan. I heard today it is infact benign. Relieved and happy but so grateful for your words of support and totally in awe when I read your stories of your strength. So am at beginning of my BC journey and still along way to go but If things don't work out to plan I feel really reassured that there is wonderful bunch of women on here who will support.
Thank you so much - will obviously be staying on the network. Good luck with all our treatments. xxxx

Hi JenJen, this really surprises me. Can you message YBCN again please and explain that you spoke to me on the BCC forum and ask to speak with me? I'll wait for your message . I'm an admin the group and there's never a 'face doesn't fit' response to adding people so there must have been crossed wires somewhere. Thanks.
Community Champion

I tried to join this group and despite answering a the questions the admin asked me and being a 37 year old with breast cancer I wasnt accepted ... face obviously didnt fit

i did a video on my breast cancer journey. please check it out. https://youtu.be/d13g9Wky4us

Tania786 follow the link on this thread 2 posts down.
It is a completely private group no posts are seen on your friends news feed.

As it's October there is another page too which is public to raise awareness of breast cancer in young people. #nottooyoung

Good luck with your treatment

Hi all, I am 36 yrs old and have been diagnosed with Triple negative in July. I had lumpectomy to remove the tumor and lymph nodes were clear. I had my 3rd FEC chemo on Weds. Now got 3 X T to go then radiotheraphy. I have been posted mgs on Chemo July thread and someone mentioned this forum to me for younger women. I would like to join this forum and facebook page too. But i don't want my friends on facebook to know I've joined the page. Not sure if it's possible.

fabulous group, I enjoy using both this forum and YBCN

Hi if you would like to join you will need to message us on our main Facebook page and one of the admin team will be able to join you - here's the link

https://m.facebook.com/YoungerBreastCancerNetwork?ref=bookmarks
Or you can do a search for younger breast cancer network UK and it should come up.

Let us know if your still having problems.

Thanks

Hi there, my name is Paula I'm 35 yrs old and have just been diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer. I was hoping to join the group and Facebook page if possible x

Bumpy x

Bump xx

Hello Vickie
Wonderful idea, congratulations on you and your friend for the idea and congratulations on those ones who administrate it every day.
I am Portuguese, leaving in Lisbon. Unfortunately, I couldn't found such kind of group locally, neither in Lisbon or Portugal. Just a blogger with BC at age of 27 who has been a great support and already a friend.
I would like to ask you to accept me on the group. Although, the treatment can be different from country to country, our concerns about family, intimacy, career are the same, independent if UK based or continental.
I'm 40, diagnosed with BC on 28th of March. Surgery done 16 days ago and waiting on oncologist appointment to set up radiotherapy and hormone therapy
Once again, congratulations on such amazing supporting group!
Best regards
Paula

Bumping up :-)

Bumping too :-)

Hi Tors

Just caught up with your post - it sounds like YBCN UK are going from strength to strength with their support. Keep up the good work!  Best wishes. xxx

Hi everyone, I thought I'd take the opportunity to bump this thread up so that the link to our Facebook group is easy to find. In case you haven't read all the posts above (I never do....!), I'll just say a bit about YBCN. I was diagnosed in March 2010 at age 36, totally out of the blue. I felt so isolated and, to be honest, I felt like a freak in the school playground and like a freak in the breast clinic because I didn't fit in anywhere. Over time, and with the help of some CBT, I realised that then isolation and lack of peer support had really made my breast cancer dx and treatment much harder to deal with. I used these forums constantly, and am very grateful to BCC for supplying them, but I felt I needed something a little bit different and to be in a place where I wasn't an oddity, where I was surrounded by people in the same boat as me. So I set up a Facebook support group for young women in the UK and Ireland (or with strong links to them) for young women with a bc diagnosis to talk, cyber meet, form friendships, support each other and to find others like them close by. There are over 600 members now and a few fabulous members help me with the admin on the site as it's too much to do alone! We have separate groups for different things, including a main hub for everyone, a moving in after initial treatment grp, a pregnant when diagnosed grp (we've had a quite a few babies born with lots of hair after their mums had chemo when pregnant!), a research group and a group for members with recurrences or a secondary diagnosis, which is a particularly supportive and helpful group. If you have been diagnosed with BC at 45 or under, and are Uk/Ireland based then feel free to send us a message on the link below. Just click the message button on thepage rather than post on the wall, because that wall is public. If you're worried you've got the wrong bit, just send a quick message to check you are messaging the right place and one of us will get back to you. The group itself is within Facebook but separate to that public page. It's totally secret and nobody outside of it can even see that you are a member, and certainly don't see your posts. And if anyone reading can't join then why not come and have a read of our page and like it so you get our updates. Finally, a big thank you to the Breast Cancer Care team at the young women together weekend in Manchester this weekend. They let metalk about myself and my group (my expert subject!) and have been very generous in letting me share about our group in their forums. Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/ManchesterYoungerWomensBreastCancerNetwork?ref=hl&bookmark_t=page

Bump