Lek

Re: Tamoxifen

I am 44 and been on tamoxifen for 3 months. Hot flushes were really bad at first day and night but maybe down to about a dozen or so a day now. Initially flushing at night kept waking me up but now sleeping better ... think I must automatically throw covers off without wakening. Lol.
Have lots of other side effects but not sure if still chemo side effects that finished in july....radio in september. Really painful feet and ankles. Stomach cramps. Headaches. Extreme fatigue ... limbs and muscles.... hoping in time all subside.
Everyone reacts differently so hope you're getting on ok with it Paula. X

Hi

I'm 41 and have been taking tamoxifen for two months. Having hot flushes all day and night atm. They are really annoying especially at night. My bcn suggested acupuncture if it persists, so I'm going to give it another month and if it's no better try that. This current nice weather is not helping!

X

Thanks Flower Smiley Happy
Keep well

Hi I,m 37 and have been taking tamoxifen for 5 months. So far I've had no problems, have occasionally felt slightly warm but no hot flushes so far. Hope you get on ok xx

[ Edited ]
Thanks a lot Lynnie
Any advice on how go through the hot flash?

Hi Paula

I started taking tamoxifen when I was 42 and Im not going to lie to you it was horrid !  Mainly because It was all so foreign to me being so young.  However you soon get used to it and after a while it gets better and after 4 years of it the flushes had almost gone.  After 5 years it is starting to come back again now though which is a bit grim but not as bad as when I first started taking it.  But Im still here and its down to the treatment I have been given so its a small price to pay really.

Take Care. hope this helps

Lynnie

Tamoxifen

Hello
I'm about to start Tamoxifen. I heard that hot flashes come more often at younger ages.
What is your experience? I'm 40
Thank you for sharing
Xx
Paula