cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just found out i’m pregnant after one year on tamoxifen!

4 REPLIES

Re: Just found out i’m pregnant after one year on tamoxifen!

Hi there, I truly hope everything turns out positive for you and your family. Lots of love xxxxx

I'm sorry you had had to go through this Pink. What did you have decided?

I'm at the same age and have no child. Now I don't want to have one, but I think that this choice was taken from me since I'll be 44 when I finisefi on Tamoxifen, which I'm starting now. Did you have any side effects?

Wish you good luck.

Carol

Highlighted

unfortunately can't help with any advice, but the same want to wish a good luck! let everything will be ok <3
Community Champion

Gosh Pink what a rollercoaster of emotions for you - keeping everything crossed that things work out for you - I can't offer any advice but just wanted to wish you good luck .Jill x

Just found out i’m pregnant after one year on tamoxifen!

Hi all,

I haven't written on here since going through my treatment but in a nutshell I was diagnosed with DCIS Her2+ in May 2017 and had chemo, mastecotomy and radio plus a year of herceptin. I have been on tamoxifen for year, and two days ago found out i’m pregnant! I am 34 and already have a 2.5 year old daughter. My husband and I would love another child and never thought we would have the chance so obviously this is a massive shock. It took us 4 years to have our daughter! My first thought is I will need to have a termination due to it being too risky but maybe this is a gift after everything we have been through?

They recommend taking tamoxifen for a minimum of two years before stopping to concieve. We are seeing my oncologist on Thursday. For now I have stopped taking tamoxifen until we make a decision.

Any help or advice would be appreciated Smiley Sad