Re: Any triple negative survivors out there?

Has sorry you have had recurrence I don't follow a particular diet ,I do eat a lot more veg and have cut down portions but to be honest still need to lose weight so can't help you diet wise I don't eat as many sweet things now either my problem as been not being able to excercise as much as I would like due to chest problems and also frozen shoulder which I had for 18 months . I hope chemo is gentle with you and you don't have too many SE,s DEN

Hi pam sorry to hear you having some more health worries , I have had chest problems since last year so have nebulisers I have had several chest infections where I have needed steroids dr not sure what it is ?? Asthma ?coad or chemo damage . I have also been diagnosed with hiatus hernia feel I am falling apart but happy to still be able to enjoy my grandchildren . I had left mammogram on Thursday I think you said yours was August . I hope all your tests and cough turn out to need minimal treatment if any . Keep in touch . 🎀 

Hi Den,

Have cough now so being sent for CT scan!!

Had blood test at GPs last week for full bloods, TSH,ALT and B12.  Bad results and been called in for appointment tomorrow.  Worried about blood cancer and lungs now..

Will update you when I get some results.  CT next Thursday and GP Tuesday.

Hope youre well?

Pam x

Has

I was recently diagnosed recurrence (previously ER+, PR+, Her2neu -ve in 2006) in lymph nodes 16 out of 18 nodes positive, TNBC gred 3. Now on chemo cyclophosphamide and toxotere for 4 cycles. Could you give tips on what type of diet you're following (the literatures said that TNBC feeds on fatty acids) and advice on low fat diet and to lower cholesterol.

Hi Whitfield my mammo is next week a bit worried but I found lumps in breast they didn't show on mammo so don't rely on mammo too much . Hope you ok . Best wishes to all .

Are you okay Warcol?

I'm getting  nervous for next mammo in August as so many lumps in breasts!

hope everyone is doing okay?

Pam x

Hello Cruzita,

Sorry you find yourself here.  Are you in UK?

Most TNCB are grade three because of their aggressive and basal cell status.  Just remember we are here for questions.  Don't accept a too long wait for appointments if you can as although what doctors say is right you will want to catch this as early as possible.  I believe in UK there are guidelines for when treatment to start after firs being diagnosed.  Maybe someone here can help with that?   Recall a 30 days period which I just meet but can't recall.  Anyone HELP with this info?

I had a 31mm lump and node involvement and and had chemo first then surgery, then 20 rads and this was in 2014 and I mstill here.  

The people on this site can be such a hell and support.

pam x

Sorry to hear that, I feel for you. I felt lump in April and just yesterday finally met with my doctors. Was told it is TNIDC. Possibly stage 3 with lymph nodes involvement. They won't know if it had spread until they do MRI, PET and CT scan scheduled next week. So more waiting it just seems that's all I have been doing all this time. My doctor said that it takes cancer years to develop and that a few weeks does not make a difference. So let's have faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. He will help us through this .

6 years out. Was diagnosed with  stage 3b with 13 out of 19 lymph nodes positive.  

Just take one day at a time.Think positive.

Community Champion

Hi Akshay,welcome to the forum.Very sorry to hear about your Mums diagnosis .There are ladies on the forum with bone mets who have been kept stable for years with medication but obviously everybody's situation and prognosis is very individual .Jill.

Hello everyone,

My mother is dx with TNBC with metastasis to the bones. Tumor of more than 5 cm in left breast and armpit.

I am totally depressed, don't know what to do. Everything seems to be over. 
Is there any cure for TNBC with 4th stage? Any survivors  with 4th Stage TNBC.
Any help would be appreciated.

I am in remission as of March of this year.  Spending more time being in the moment and living life on purpose.  I have had chemo and radiation, completing my therapies as of November 23,2016.

Am hopeful that all will be well.

I was dx with tnbc in 2006 and all has been well. I am currently having an investigation for an itchy patch on the good breast and am hopeful it will be ok though obviously anxious.

[ Edited ]

Hey there. I've just had my fourth year clear, and am back at my old job working in a developing nation. I was diagnosed at stage 3. I did chemo, radiation, had 2 separate mastectomies, a complete lymphedectomy on my right side and a hysterectomy.

i feel healthy and full of positivity. It all seems so far in the past now....and having survived all that, I feel grateful and full of optimism.

Its a difficult process....but there are moments of profound awareness and gratitude. 

I am not the person I was before. I'm better.

Hi Sheila b you are not alone were all here and some of us have finished active treatment and living normal lives again. Dont overthink the chemo too much because you may sail through it. What helped me was to just concentrate on each stage as it comes ie-: ops chemo rads.You will be surprised how quickly it all goes by and how strong you will become. Good luck on your journey you will be fine. Xx

Thank you Jill.i will.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Sheila,welcomed to the forum .Please don't feel alone there are many ladies on this site who are triple negative and who I'm sure will be along shortly to offer some support .If you look at the going through treatment section of the site there are chemotherapy monthly threads where ladies going through chemo at same time can give each other support ,you also get advice from those much further down the line which is really helpful.Best wishes.Jill.

i have just been diagnosed with tnc.Had surgery..tumour under 2cm and not spread to lymph nodes.. I feel very alone at the minute and for my own sanity i will have to stop googling..I start chemo on 4th May..feeling very anxious about that but know i just have to get on with it.. Trying to remain upbeat.

Hi I'm tnbc with mastectomia I feel so good on Monday I will start 35 radiation we only need to be and keep so strong God love us