Community Champion

Re: Any triple negative survivors out there?

Hi Akshay,welcome to the forum.Very sorry to hear about your Mums diagnosis .There are ladies on the forum with bone mets who have been kept stable for years with medication but obviously everybody's situation and prognosis is very individual .Jill.

Hello everyone,

My mother is dx with TNBC with metastasis to the bones. Tumor of more than 5 cm in left breast and armpit.

I am totally depressed, don't know what to do. Everything seems to be over. 
Is there any cure for TNBC with 4th stage? Any survivors  with 4th Stage TNBC.
Any help would be appreciated.

I am in remission as of March of this year.  Spending more time being in the moment and living life on purpose.  I have had chemo and radiation, completing my therapies as of November 23,2016.

Am hopeful that all will be well.

I was dx with tnbc in 2006 and all has been well. I am currently having an investigation for an itchy patch on the good breast and am hopeful it will be ok though obviously anxious.

[ Edited ]

Hey there. I've just had my fourth year clear, and am back at my old job working in a developing nation. I was diagnosed at stage 3. I did chemo, radiation, had 2 separate mastectomies, a complete lymphedectomy on my right side and a hysterectomy.

i feel healthy and full of positivity. It all seems so far in the past now....and having survived all that, I feel grateful and full of optimism.

Its a difficult process....but there are moments of profound awareness and gratitude. 

I am not the person I was before. I'm better.

Hi Sheila b you are not alone were all here and some of us have finished active treatment and living normal lives again. Dont overthink the chemo too much because you may sail through it. What helped me was to just concentrate on each stage as it comes ie-: ops chemo rads.You will be surprised how quickly it all goes by and how strong you will become. Good luck on your journey you will be fine. Xx

Thank you Jill.i will.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Sheila,welcomed to the forum .Please don't feel alone there are many ladies on this site who are triple negative and who I'm sure will be along shortly to offer some support .If you look at the going through treatment section of the site there are chemotherapy monthly threads where ladies going through chemo at same time can give each other support ,you also get advice from those much further down the line which is really helpful.Best wishes.Jill.

i have just been diagnosed with tnc.Had surgery..tumour under 2cm and not spread to lymph nodes.. I feel very alone at the minute and for my own sanity i will have to stop googling..I start chemo on 4th May..feeling very anxious about that but know i just have to get on with it.. Trying to remain upbeat.

Hi I'm tnbc with mastectomia I feel so good on Monday I will start 35 radiation we only need to be and keep so strong God love us

Hi Annie you sound very positive it's good your family are supportive too . Have a great holiday don't google anymore and come back from your holiday fighting fit .we are here if you need to sound off . I recommend you join forum for people starting in May 17 and there are forums for younger ladies as well . Take care DEN X

Good morning all you beautiful ladies.
I'm Annie, diagnosed just recently with TNBC 31 years old. The saying ' you don't know how strong you are until it's the only choice you have ' is so true. I have 2 children 12 and 3. Telling my daughter was the hardest thing I've ever had to do so far in my life, but these gorgeous two and my husband give me all the strength I need to get through this. There's no negativity allowed in my house.
I've seen my oncologist and my treatment plan is 6 rounds of chemo followed by surgery. I'm not going to pretend I'm not scared I'm terrified but there's no other way out so I'm facing it head on! My chemo starts on 17th may right after I've enjoyed 2 weeks in the Florida sunshine with my family.
I also fell into the trap of googling, big mistake! There are positives and negatives to all diagnosis not just ours.
Strength comes from within, we can do this 💪 Xx

Hi,

I had a biopsy done on 2-1-17 and showed positive for TNBC-IDC.  Had surgery on 3-1-17, lumpectomy and 2 sentinel lymnph nodes were clean.  My tumor was smaller than 2cm. but not too much smaller.  I had my first chemo (Adriamycin & Cytoxan) on 3-20-17.  The side effects have been extremely challenging.  I got my chemo on Monday afternoon and was fairly okay until Wednesday afternoon.  I think I started having nausea sneak up on me and I was not taking the anti-nausea meds like I was supposed to, because I have a hard time taking Rx drugs because I have never had to before and I don't like putting bad stuff in my body.  So Wednesday afternoon and all day Thursday I felt pretty yucky.  You can keep in touch with your clinic and they can have you come in and they put fluids and medications in your body to help with side effects.  I have a port in my chest that they use.  Important to keep up with anti-nausea meds the first week after chemo.  Everyone is different and every day can be different.  But if you are feeling bad the clinic can often put things in you to make you feel much better.

Hi all  I was diagnosed with tnbc mid January and had left mx end of January tumor was 3cm no node or vascular involvement finally started chemo yesterday FecT  as a previous history of lung disease and further tests also went for a second opinion with Pro Justin Stebbings if anyone is concerned about their treatment I would thoroughly recommend him . I have not had any feelings of sickness as yet and no other side effects as yet but a bit of light headiness as this is the first day after chemo is it usually later in the process that she start

JBS your feelings are normal once you get treatment plan you will be able to think straighter everyone is different but we are all frightened at first and you will have good and not so good days but don't read negative posts it's like childbirth some people enjoy talking about the bad bits not the good bits .none of us wanted to be on this forum but we are so being positive is the way to go we are here and will help you if we can as. Pam says there are other forums to join good luck with your mri keep in touch DEN 

Hello JBS,

You are not alone and some people do survive this.  I'm two years in remission and Bel on this site is 15 yrs.  There is part of this site for people just like me and young mums.  You may want to join that part as well.

good luck

pam x. UK

Hello Wiliams500,

You will need to listen to your body.  I had a really bad with sickness, hospitalisation during chemo for sepsis.  Then an emergency operation to remove infected cyst.  You need to keep clear of bugs so you need a plan if carrying in working.  This can be agreed with your employer as you are now covered by the disability rights act (if you live in U.K.). You may need to work ffrom home if possible.

As A says this is doable but we are all different.  I know if people losing nails during Taxol but to prevent this paint nails dark shade as this helps.

I couldn't work during treatment as I was just too ill.  That said in I'm my late 50s and that may account for that.  I was extremely well before diagnosis and it came as real shock so one can look and feel well but have cancer.

maybe you could set out a plan A and plan B with employer.  Your GP will sign you off sick if you can't go to work and remember Doctors receptions are full of sick people with bug.  So insist you wait in a private area or ask for first appoint of day.

some people sail thrust and some don't.  This will not affect your outcome but you and those around you need to understand things can change suddenly if you get unwell.

The hospital where you are being treated should give you information about needed A&E services as you will need to skip to front of que if unwell as your immunity will be low at times.  Hence my getting sepsis.

good luck with treatment.  You can do this with support.

pam x

Hello all,

I was just diagnosed TNBC IDC a few days ago.  I've been scared out of my mind, especially when I get to looking at stuff online about it.  I'm 39 with 3 beautiful little girls, which is making it so much harder worrying about their future and how they'll be so scared when they find out.  I can't stop my mind from racing around, thinking I have cancer everywhere, and that I'll be back every year for reoccurence.  MRI is tomorrow.  Haven't eaten or slept decently since the first doctor said, "yup, that lump feels like cancer" a few weeks ago.

I just wanted to tell you that this forum has been so helpful to just read.  You are an amazing group of women that are flowing with this whole thing so well.  I'm in the US, but the local forums are just freaking me out with all of the bad news.  Thank you for keeping the positive attitudes going here.  There are people like me who are reading this, trying to get a grasp on their new reality, and are still too afraid to step out and join a community.  Please keep as much good news coming as possible.  I know I'm going to need all of the positive news I can get. 

Hi Williams 500. We are all different in the way we are during chemo. I had 6 FEC-T and carried on quite normally. Whilst on the FEC I found I felt tired and got thrush in mouth and a metallic taste which made me unable to taste food.  The steroids I took for a couple of days before chemo and 2 days following chemo were a problem because I couldn't sleep. You'll probably find yourself posting on here at stupid o'clock for this reason. I also felt emotional for 2 days after finishing the steroids. I never had to take the sickness meds but got mild indigestion. Whatever s effects you get there is a remedy. You need to drink lots of water before during and after chemo as this flushes the toxins out. When I was on the T part of chemo I had the dreaded allergic reaction so had to go to another hospital for Abraxane as this drug wasn't funded by my hospital. I had a side effect called peripheral neuropathy which you might need to Google. My finger and toe nails lifted but I am almost a year post chemo and these have fully recovered. There is of course the hair loss which was the worst part for me but this like everything is temporary. To sum up it was all very doable and I still did normal  things on a daily basis. Remember your experience will be unique to you but you will hack it. It will help to join the chemo monthly threads with people who are doing this with you. You will share very useful information and tips to combat side effects and make friends along the way. I didn't work through my b/c journey as it was mastectomy then chemo followed by node clearance then rads. I was off work for a year with pay so had lots of good recovery time. I've been back at work since last September and loving it. You will get through this and it may be easier than you are thinking and the time flies by you will see. I hope this helps you to see this is very doable and I wish you well Williams 500. Anne xx. 

Hi, thanks for all the positive replies, I am having a lumpectomy and lymph node biopsy in just under 2 weeks and then the plan I chemo which is the part that scares me as at the moment I don't feel ill at all. My bcn said that people can function whilst having it but was after some realistic views on what that means? How do people feel day to day whilst having the treatment? Is it worse in the few days straight after and then gets better? x