cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xeloda / Capecitabine - Your Top Tips, please?

Community Champion

Re: Xeloda / Capecitabine - Your Top Tips, please?

London xx

Good to go for reg walks, just take it steady till you know how Cape will affect you xx

Mx
Community Champion

Hi Babsy

There was a virus going the rounds, sore nose, runny nose, cough etc... I had it and my immunity is up xx

Am really interested in the mushroomsxx do they taste ok?
Mx

Sorry Moijan, havent been on for a while. Musherooms still having their effect. Had blood test today so will be interested in results as I've managed to pick up some kind of nasty virus. Started last Wednesday and I'm convinced I picked it up after oxygen therapy, perhaps the mask hadn't been properly cleaned. Haven't needed a blood transfusion either and my haemoglobin levels were low at my last test. Fingers crossed.  

Thanks! We are getting another dog soon so I need to get this sorted! Sianx
Community Champion

Well done for going for a walk. Why not soak your feet in warm salt water for a while, then massage in some cream  - udderley smooth or anything mild, then put them up for the evening...if they arent red...they will surely settle downx

hugs, Mojanxx

Just over a week on my first cycle and I thought I was doing well, a bit more tired than usual but okay. I went for my normal walk in the park today and my feet are now really (really) sore. Came from
Nowhere! Any suggestions as to anything that can be done. The skin is smooth, soft and normal colour. Dreading the thought that the only treatment will be a dose reduction next time round. Any thoughts?
Community Champion

Hello friends,

have nothing sensible to say today, and as you know im a bit of a prankster! So reining myself in xxxx

have a great weekendxx

Mx

Hello Helen, lovely to hear from you! Also, wonderful news that you are doing so well on Cape, especially after those dire warnings from your medical "professionals"!

Glad it went well, George!

I have hospital this afternoon to pick up my next lot of pills (as long as blood ok). No clinic this time but see Onc again in 3 weeks for following cycle. I should, hopefully, have a CT scan soon (promised for after this next cycle) to see how the Christmas break has affected things.

Hugs and best wishes to all.

Barton.x

Hi all cape crusaders.. I'm lurking a bit Barton so thought I'd say Hello!

George - ops are tough and you sound like you are really handling things well, rest rest rest!

Racer - crikey you've had a time of it. Last year when I was dx with mets I was really ill, we decided to get married and the onc told me to bring it forward and my gp told me stay on the oramorph after I had bad leg pain telling me I was riddled with cancer.
A year on, they are all amazed at how well I am. I am sooo much better, currently on Cape - my 3rd chemo and doing good. I wanted to say his because being in the right mental place is so important.. believing you're up for the fight and getting back on the Cape is a mental victory and this can only have a positive impact on your health. Wishing you love and continued determination! Helen x
Highlighted

Thanks, Barton. It wasn't too painful. Good to get staples out. Just getting anxious as no follow up appointments have come through as yet. Will call next week if I don't hear anything. Hope you are doing well.

Hi to all other Cape Crusaders

George x

Hello George, hope the staple removal went OK? Glad your pain is manageable, after what must have been a major op, by just taking Paracetomol!

Racer - hope you are doing OK. Just wanted to let you know we are all thinking of you. Post when you can, but don't worry if it's too much at the moment.

Hope everyone else (lurkers and all!) are doing OK. Hope that doesn't sound pushy - don't mean it to! If you can't or don't want to post, please don't think you have to. I just want you to know that we all think of the quiet ones too! Smiley LOL

Hugs to all. Barton.x

Hi Moijan

Not too painful at the moment, just take a couple of paracetamol now and again. Mind you, I am not doing much. I didn't get to see a physio-would have been helpful. Hope your treatment is going well

George x

Hello George, doing more or less ok, thanks. Have made a decision about work, but don't really want to say yet. Will let you know as soon as I can.

Hugs and good luck for tomorrow.

Hugs. Barton.x

Community Champion

Oh George...I quite agree with Barton....and as you know I had a hepatectomy, so my scar is very wide. One thing tho, do take it easy and do as the physio recommends...I think I may have a small hernia on my scar line....is it all very painful? I recall it being quite painful myself.

take care,

Moijanx

Thanks, Barton. Will let you know how I get on with staple removal tomorrow. Only 28 of them 😉How are you? How is work going?
Hope everyone else doing well. At least we should have some sunshine this weekend.

George x

Great to hear from you, george- I have been wondering how you are. I'm glad your op went well. Well done for resting! After something like that you really need to. Staples coming out shouldn't be too painful (says she who has never had them!).

Keep us up to date with how things are going.

Hugs. Barton.x

Ps - keep up the resting!

Hi Barton and everyone else,

I haven't been on this thread for a while so just been trying to catch up with all messages. Good news seems to be that Cape is working.
Racer, so pleased to hear that you are out of hospital, feeling more positive and are being so well looked after by your husband - you sound like quite a team. Sending lots of positive vibes.
I have been taking it easy after having a liver resection 2 weeks ago. All seems to be going well, but I do get tired very easily. Staples coming out tomorrow. Yikes!!
Hugs

George x
Community Champion

And how are you too, Babsy?

magic mushrooms doing their thing?

hugs,

Moijanxx

I agree, good to hear from you Racer, and I love your attitude. ❤

Oh racer, so good to hear from you! I had been wondering how you were! You sound really positive. So glad you are taking control of things - good for you! You and your husband sound like a good team. Yes, eat what you fancy, rest when you need to. Get out and about when you can.

Wishing you all the best. Hugs. Barton.x

Ps- never apologise for "rambling", we are glad to hear from you.