Re: Trials for Palbociclib (Ibrance) or Ribociclib with UK Locations

[ Edited ]

Hi Carabel,
Noticed you mentioned you are in Glasgow. I attend a hospital in central Scotland but the oncologists come through from the Beatson to treat us and we get radiotherapy there too. So effectively we get the same treatment as you do in Glasgow.
Anyway, hope everything is going OK with you. I'm not Triple Negative but I do notice there are a few trials for your type of cancer at moment including METRIC. I wish you all the best with that. I haven't been able to find any trials for me at moment but hope some will come through.
Please feel free to PM me if you ever want a chat.
waffles xxx

Community Champion

http://clincancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/21/16/3591.short

My understanding carabel is that it IS for oestrogen pos, as usually they include an aromatise inhibitor, but maybe someone else has mor info
moijanxx
Community Champion

The other thing Saltee is, one can often register on a trial at another hospital, attend there initially and be accepted, but not necessarily have to trek there every month. It doesn't necessarily mean you have to change hospitals, although there would usually be a need to attend some appointments, depending upon the trial.

Hi there can I just check - is palbociclib for ER positive breast cancer only? I am triple negative and am currently considering going on the METRIC trial. I have had recent progression on Taxol (first chemo tried). Waffles I am also in Glasgow. .
Community Champion

Well, I'm lucky to be at a hospital where trials are regularly reviwed. My onc is pretty on the ball. However I also dip into the link you gave us for all sorts of things on a regular basis as I used to work in public health...... but I do think it's a good thing to raise the issue with/remind everyone and to draw attention to the link... so thank you. moijanxx
Community Champion

Now this is an excellent idea. Well done

moijanx

Thanks Saltee,
That would be great. You are doing everyone a great service by doing all this research. Waffles xxx

Hi Waffles,

Sorry there isn't anything there that suits you yet. I'm in Edinburgh (not too far from you I imagine). I'll let you know if I hear of anything in this part of the country.

saltee x

Community Champion

Thank you Saltee
For doing all the "leg work" ..I'm going to make a cuppa and look at all these in detail.
Xxxx

[ Edited ]

Hello there StillHere! Happy to help Smiley Happy

Yes, I can imagine it must be hard for even the oncs to keep up with everything going on so it definitely helps to prompt. I would expect most oncs are more than happy to advise on eligibility and provide help enlisting where appropriate once presented with details of a trial.

saltee x

[ Edited ]

Hi,
Great work Saltee. The Glasgow one would have been great for me but people who have had chemo are excluded and that counts me out unfortunately. Our secondary trials up here are very limited unfortunately.
Waffles xxx

Thank you saltee, I was hoping that you would come on this website with the trials details as I don't know how to copy them in here **hangs head in shame....** 😞😞 There are many posters who may be interested and often their Oncs don't seem to know about them!! xx

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT02599714?term=ibrance&recr=Ope n&cntry1=EU%3AGB&rank=6#...

Study of AZD2014 (an mTor inhibitor) and Palbociclib in Patients With Estrogen Receptor Positive (ER+) Metastatic Breast Cancer (PASTOR)

Not recruiting in the UK yet

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02536742?term=breast+cancer&recr=Not +yet+recruiting&cntry1=E...

Palbociclib in Molecularly Characterized ER-positive/HER2-negative Metastatic Breast Cancer (PYTHIA)

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT02491983?term=breast+cancer&re cr=Recruiting&cntry1=EU%...

Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Palbociclib in Combination With Fulvestrant or Letrozole in Patients With ER+, HER2- Locally Advanced or Metastatic Breast Cancer (PARSIFAL)

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT01872260?term=breast+cancer&re cr=Recruiting&cntry1=EU%...

Study of LEE011 (=ribociclib), BYL719 (=Alpelisib) and Letrozole in Advanced ER+ Breast Cancer

Trials for Palbociclib (Ibrance) or Ribociclib with UK Locations

[ Edited ]

There has been a lot of interest in accessing Palbociclib/Ibrance through trials since NICE refused to fund it in the UK. Given the context, I thought a thread linking to trials might be useful. I will kick off with the trials I have heard about. Please add to the list so that others can benefit.

I am including Ribociclib trials as it is a similar agent.

Note many of these are international trials but include UK locations.

saltee

PS You can search for trials yourselves here:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/search/index