325388posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips on sleeping whilst on Dexmethasone

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Tips on sleeping whilst on Dexmethasone

Thanks Ramade hopefully when I have my follow up app with radio onc he will start to reduce them as I have been told I need a tailing off period anyway I got up earlier this morning tried taking an hour earlier then will do the same tomorrow I've been told its the Dexa that's used when it's the brain so don't think they will change them x

Re: Tips on sleeping whilst on Dexmethasone

hello Misty, Having had this problem too, no sleep at all, I asked if I could have prenidisone instead( another steroid) but was told they don't use that one. All I can think of is maybe take slightly less and earlier. It's a problem and not enough sleep makes you feel rough anyway.

ramade x

Highlighted

Tips on sleeping whilst on Dexmethasone

Hi was wondering if anyone has any tips which might help me I'm taking Dexmethasone following my diagnosis of brain mets was prescribed 8 mgs daily at 1st increased to 16 then currently back to 8 as I have just completed whole brain therapy 10 days ago I take them at 9am so nice and early but the fatigue from treatment is quite bad then I wake in night about 3/4 am and can't get back to sleep which is having a knock on effect during day anyone else's tips would be very welcome thanks 😊