Re: Secondary Private Group

hi JanieB,

if you key in Capecitabine in the search box you'll find a thread with ladies who are on that chemo, (I think its in the treatments section) and it would probably be a better place to start.

Good luck with your treatment, I hope its going well for you.

Kindest wishes

Hi I have secondary lobular  bc, diagnosed nearly 3 years ago.  Currently on Capecitabine. I would like to join please .

Pan

Is this Secondary Live Chat? 

I can't work out either ... can't find the button to request to join..could a link be put up
Community Champion

Hello cassy
Welcome to the forum ..real people here that understand how you feel as most of us have the daily battle to get up smile and say "I'm fine" when asked!!
I hope that you can have some sort of further treatment ..we always hope oncologist can pull something out of his magic bag don't we ?.
Maybe you would like to pop in to bone mets threads ..a lot of daily banter there to help but also lots of good support too from ladies that are going through it too...
Hugs xxx☺☺☺☺

I was on letrizole for 2 years but it didn't help my metastatic cancer i have iv chemo twice while being on the drug then removed it told me it no longer worked

I am so pleased to find somewhere i can feel comfortable talking about my long fight for life with this cancer wandering around my body as if it's in charge.i want to take charge of my cancer but have just got exhausted with the fight look forward to take this journey to the next stage cause I've got nothing left
Yours sincerely
Cassy

I had it in my veins each week. Veins not too good due to previous chemo and 1st & 3rd week took 4 attempts .onc has suggested pick lines but I'm not keen just yet. Now ask for senior or experienced nurse explaining why & all understood.xx

Thanks for replying 😊 did you have a line in for it or into your vein each week?

Hello! I'm having paclitaxol and I'm fine on it. Have had 4 lots weekly got another 8 to go if all goes to plan.no hair loss yet either ! I'm new to this too and also asked to join private group yesterday . I also feel much better now treatment has started .x

Hi all

I had breast cancer in 2013 and have just been diagnosed with multiple liver mets and one bone met so having a bone scan to check if more. I am starting Paclitaxol in 2 weeks for 18 weeks with a ct in middle. Am feeling very positive, before yesterday I was thinking that was it....but now treatment sorted and imminent I feel back in control 😊 I've asked to join private group but not heard anything yet, would just love to hear from anyone on this chemo and how you're doing although I know everyone is different. Thanks everyone x 

Could people sign this to make this effective drug available on the NHS.

https://www.change.org/p/secretary-of-state-for-health-make-palbociclib-an-effective-secondary-breas...

Sorry, found it now so scrap that msg.

How can I join this group please, I can't see the button you refer to .. am on a mobile rather than pc if that makes a difference?

hello. Can you tell me how i join the group. i have secondary breast cancer

Hi Lizzy,

could i please join the group?

Hi all, 

Thank you for your interest in joining the Secondary Private Group. 

If anyone would like to ask to join and have not already, you can join by clicking the secondary private group and then clicking the Ask to join groups.pngbutton on the right hand side of the screen. 

If you have any other questions you can email us at moderator@breastcancercare.org.uk.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Dear Lizzy,

im sure I have asked to join this group, but just in case 

i havent, please could I join it? Thank you

moijan

(oh, after I posted, I spotted my first post, sorry.)