Re: Lumps in neck

The lump is still there but a lot smaller, maybe it is a gland reacting to treatment, who knows what’s going on in there !,,  2 week wait for results.  Have you looked at the capecitabine thread on here ?  I have a little read sometime and there is a lovely lady who is on the same treatment called Carolyn .  I am off Christmas shopping today, need to get started or my children will have empty stockings.  Take care of yourself and keep moisturising your hands and feet.  Big hugs and positive vibes xxx

Highlighted

thanks so much Melinda, so far no problems. How are your neck lumps now and when are your scan results.

big hugs

Ramade

Morning Ramade, how are you feeling.  Did you start the cape tablets last night ?   Try not to get too anxious about them, I am hoping they are as kind to you as I have found them x

Melinda, snap i have been put on exactly the same dose as you. i was going to start them monday morning but suddenly this afternoon the side od my face feels numb and my smile is droopy. i thought it was a stroke at first but i can raise both arms in the air etc so i'm starting them tonight, it must be another nerve has been affected by the cancer. now i'm not going to lie: i feel absolutely terrified at the moment and i'm known for being very calm usually.

good luck to all who are awaiting scan results.

Ramade x

Ramade,

What a shame,  have they said why they can't use rads on neck ?  My lump has decreased in size in the last few days so I wonder if it was a gland ?? I have just had a scan and now waiting results so feeling uneasy.  I have had 6 rounds of cape and managed it ok with no side effects so far.  Hopefully you will be the same, I have made sure that I drink lots of water when taking the tablets.  Do you know what dose you are on ?  I take 3 big 500mg pills and 2 small 150g pills so that 1800 twice a day.

Hugs to you and positive thoughts,  lots of people do have success with this chemo. xx

Hi Melinda, swell they can't do radiation on the neck lumps so I've been put on capebeticine.the list of possible side effects are alarming but this has to work,4 failed meds in a row. Didn't get much sleep last night,too wound up.
How are you now?
Hugs x

hi Melinda, hope it went well for you today. i am going to be on either cape or a heavy chemo for the 4th time.i will find out on Thursday, radiation is also being considered.

hugs

Ramade

Hi Ramade

Thank you so much for your reply.  I have a scan tomorrow. Just so worried that if my nodes /glands are swollen that the cape chemo i am currently on isnt treating my liver/bone mets successfully.  How are they treating your lump in your neck.  Oh this is all such a worry isnt it.  You coast along for a little while on treatments and then its like a smack in the face when lumps appear .  Hugs to you xx

Hi Melinda, as you have one on each side they could well be lymph nodes. i have a big lump on one side only which is very hard and was confirmed to be further cancer spread recently. So you shouldn't worry, just point them out next time you have your appointment.

ramade

Community Manager

Hi Melinda,

I noticed that no one has answered to your message yet, but I hope you will get a response very soon from other forum users.

I'm sorry to read about the two lumps you found in your neck and I can only hope that the scan results will be ok.

If you are worried about the results, please know that you can either ask questions to our nurses on our forum or email our nurses here. They should hopefully go back to you in less than a day and give you a response.

Otherwise, you can also call our free helpine on 0808 800 6000 (open Monday-Friday 9am-4pm, Saturday 9am-1pm, closed on Sunday).

Best wishes

ManonB

Breast Cancer Care

Lumps in neck

Hi all, I hope you are all finding treatments and scan results kind .  I have just started my 6th course of cape which I have tolerated really well.  No problems at all but in the last week I have discovered 2 neck lumps, one each side.  Does this mean the chemo is failing ?  I have a scan next week, the first one since starting treatment.  Picking your brains ladies has anyone else had lumps in neck and are their any treatments available for them.  I am so scared as I was feeling so well.    Xx