Re: Liver mets Capecitabine

Haha, thanks Kate. 😀
It’s good to hear from you. I hope you’re still doing well. Xxx

[ Edited ]

Hi FeeltheFear, just wanted to wish you well on your new treatment, hope it works well and is kind to you. You’ve still got the best name on here imo!!! 😉Kate xx

Thanks Nicky.
I’m very happy to hear it worked for your liver mets. Here’s hoping I get a good response. 🤞
Nerve wracking. X
Community Champion

Hi

Unfortunately hormone blockers don’t always work even if you are hormone positive and even those that work eventually stop being effective. I had been on hormone treatment for nearly 5 years (for bone mets) when my liver mets were found. I went onto Capecitabine and it worked very well for about 18 months. I remember at the time reading that it is usually effective for soft tissue mets so I do hope it works well for you. If you check out the XEloda/Capecitabine thread there’s quite a few ladies (maybe all?) taking it for soft tissue mets. 

Nicky x

Liver mets Capecitabine

Im interested to hear if anyone has had any luck taking Capecitabine for ER positive HER2 negative liver mets?
I was diagnosed with liver nets in June and prescribed letrozole, zoladex and palbociclib.
I found out yesterday that this regime hasn’t worked for me.
My mets have now spread and I have numerous small areas throughout my liver. 😳
I’d like to know if Capecitabine has worked for anyone else when oestrogen blockers have failed. My Er level is 7 so I’m disappointed blockers haven’t touched my mets.
Thanks ladies.