Re: Chemo Buddy Needed - Anyone Currently on Eribulin?

Hi Withasmile

nice to hear from you none of the hormones worked for me either but when I was on exemestanen it was given with everolomus of which I could not have has I had had to many other treatments can not remember now if it was only 1 chemo and 1 hormone but you can look it up plus they may have changed  the combo in last 2/3 years 

take care 

Kay

Community Champion

Community Champion

hi Nicky, Kay and withasmile, 

i too would be really interested to hear WIthasmile about any suggestions you might have about combos, thank you.

Moijanx

Community Champion

Hi withasmile - thanks for the good wishes. It was a bit of a shock as all other hormones I’ve been in have given me many months or years of stability so I wasn’t expecting this one not to do the same. I have already asked my onc to speak to the Marsden for a second opinion - I don’t need an appointment there at this moment as they have all my up to date notes and recentliver biopsy results so they should be able to say what it best or if there is a trail that would be available although I don’t think there it’s one at the moment. I also have the MRI booked and am emphasising the need to get a move on as I was in the position this time last year and it took ages to get a decision about what treatment was or was not suitable.

When you say that your oncologist has suggested using hormones in combo do you mean with other drugs, chemos or two hormones together? I’m interested as any suggestions or ideas that other ladies oncologists have regarding treatment is always worth knowing.

Nicky xx

hi Kay and Nicky

I just popped in to see how you all are, and am sorry to hear your latest news.

Kay- good luck with the new regime.

Nicky, I will be interested to hear about your next option. Exemestane (indeed none of the oestrogen inhibitors) worked for me individually, but the onc had been talking about using them in combo when the need arose.

Love to you all

xx

Hi Nicky 08
I agree only been off it 3 weeks but I feel in myself a lot better but I was in excruciating pain with my liver and that was the same as a year ago when it went there so I knew this time what was wrong
Hope they give you something good can not say I am looking forward to this next round

Kay
Community Champion

Sorry to hear this Kay.  I was doing well on eribulin but was advised to stop after 8 cycles as the oncologists felt my bone marrow might become infiltrated/compromised.  Anyway that didnt seem to happen once I was on exemestane (sp?) for 3 months.  Unfortunately this does not seem to have stopped my only visible liver met from increasing in size (everything else in the liver including this one had shrunk/disappeared on eribulin) so I'm now playing the waiting game to see what the next option is.  The only thing I would say I have been grateful for those few months off chemo - even if its as kind as eribulin was - I've really noticed a difference with my energy levels etc and the freedom from not going to the hospital so many times.  However it did keep me stable so I guess it is swings and roundabouts!

Nicky xx

[ Edited ]

Hi All 

just an update after 12 months on eribulin my liver tumours have now decided to grow back and some on my chest wall .so it has been stopped due this and will now be going on taxatare

Wishing all those still on it well and hope it keeps working for you 

kay

Community Champion

Thanks Liz.....

Moijanxx

Moijan,

Good luck with your results on Wednesday.

Liz x

Community Champion

Hello Liz, hopefully you are better....?

very best of luck for Friday.

im getting results of wbmri on wed, and also, my injections in the bum! Am taking a friend along to note down what the onc tells me...and will first present him with a list of questions on my iPad ..in fact I'm thinking of emailing him some q before then, as we don't meet in a room where they can look on the pc.

I do hope everyone else is fine? No lingering hangovers etc.

love and hugs,

Moijanxx

Hi Moijan,

Happy New Year. Yes I should be having cycle 10 next Friday. See oncologist on Wednesday. I had to miss day 8. of last treatment as I had sickness and diahorrea. Feel a lot better now. Hope you are feeling ok with your treatment 

Take Care,

Liz

Community Champion

Hello everyone....hope you all had a good festive season.

this thread seems deserted......anyone on treatment next week?

hugs,

Moijanxx

wishing everyone the very best Christmas possible, with luck, hope and happiness for 2018.

Love to you all xx

Community Champion

Oh, Bousy, what wonderful news!  You must be feeling great about thatxx

Moijan💚💚💚

Thanks Moijan and hope you are keeping ok. I had a scan on Saturday and have seen oncologist this morning. It’s good news, bones healing, no movement in liver, lungs healing. Start cycle 9 on Friday. Fatigue is not as bad but have a bit of fluid on lungs. 

Still having bloated feeling under right ribs but nothing shown on scan. Put it down to windy bowels!

Have a nice Christmas everyone.

Liz xxxx

Community Champion

Just sending a bit of love and encouragement to everyone on Eribulin and all the poppers inxx

Moijan💚💚💚💚🤗

Community Champion

Hi Shirley, I was on eribulin for 14/12 before it became less effective.did wonders for me, but bc grew again.

now on Fulvestrant,......but not everyone gets it as many hospitals can't afford to pay for it...it's not approved by Nice

good luck, , don't despair xx

Moijan🙏🤗.;

Community Champion

Hi Shirley and I'm sorry to hear that Eribulin is no longer working for you.  As to what you can go onto next it will depend on what type of receptors your BC has ie are you hormone positive/negative (I'm assuming you're not HER2+ as you've not mentioned Herceptin) and also what previous treatments you've had.  Sorry I can't be more specific than that but I do hope whatever you do go onto it is kind to you and sorts out those liver lesions.  Let us know how you get on, and about any of info about the above we may be able to help with a bit more advice.

Nicky x

Hi everyone, I haven't been here in a while. I have been on Eribulin since January. It seemed to be working, even though I was having a hard time with numbness etc, and had my treatment reduced  to half. I had a scan in November which showed that my liver lesions had grown. One in section 2 was 20mm and had grown to 29mm, and one in section 6 which was 13mm now 27mm. It also showed new lesions. So Eribulin has stopped working. I am in a daze, and don't know what will happen now.

Does anyone know what can be offered after Eribulin?

I hope you are all having a better time then I. And have a happy Christmas.

Shirley (Atters)