Community Champion

Re: Chemo Buddy Needed - Anyone Currently on Eribulin?

Sarah, Eribulin killed my bc, at one point all they could find was scar tissue,,,,I was on it for I think 18 cycles, but Tim’s began to rise at the end and I was put on Fulvestrant which did b’all for me, so now I’m on the Paclitaxel train, which is much more unpleasant than Eribulin...good luck with it, try not to take breaks, as I have found that that is when my bc changes it’s dna and becomes resistant, it's like not completing the full course of antibiotics....anyway, that’s my advice to you.xx

best wishes

Moijan🤗

Hi all. Today I started eribulin. Fingers crossed it does something drastic for me. Got all clear in June last year..But now the triple negative is back with a vengeance. It's on brain..both lungs..breast again..liver and my various bones such as sternum..spine..pelvis..hip bone and lower back. The rate it's spreading I need it to work immediately! Any one else been on this and what results did you have? I have been told that max i will have is 16 cycles...yet im sure ive seen others on here having more. It's such a low dose it's scary that it will do anything! Looking forward to hearing from you all. Sarah xx

Thank you x

Bumping up for Sarah73
Community Champion

Nice to hear from you Bousy, hope your scan goes well....if and when things change what is the next step for you?

does sound as if you have had mores /e than I did on erib,  my fingers did go a bit numb,  but not as bad as currently.

very very best wishes and keep us posted.

moijan🤗

Hi Moijan,

Hope you are ok.

I have just finished my 15th cycle. I have a scan on 14 June and am dreading the results. I don’t feel any different but will have been on Eribulin for a year in July. I know it won’t work forever but would like it to work for longer.

I haven’t lost any weight but I have had the same amount of Eribulin for 14 cycles but for the 15th it was a smaller amount. This time have been very tired and aching back. Still have no taste and ankles feeling numb now and again. Other than that I’m fine!

Been to London for a weekend so probably done too much.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Bousy x

Community Champion

Hello everyone,

‘’how are you getting on, on Eribulin?

iwas thinking, although I really found it easy as far as chemos go....I. Do recall myself. Withasmile. Helen acquarius and smarties finding that it made us get angry on our week off....,..mindyou...now I’d swap with any of you...you could have Paclitaxel and I could have Eribulin ......

actually these 15 days-between Paclitaxel  treatments have been more pleasant than on the first three cycles....which is a bit strange.

come on ladies tell us how it’s goingxxx

you know yesterday, I got frustrated with my phone and said S**t !  as one does.......and Siri said

’I hope you don’t kiss your mother with that mouth’!  

I ‘I did laugh. I hadn’t realised he’d. herd me!

anyway, let’s hear how everyone is going,

‘’love Moijanxx

Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Yes Alee, that was bad luck...was it actual sepsis? Or nutrapenia?

.and I found erib to be a kind drug.....much nicer than Paclitaxel which I’m on now. What plans have they for your next drug?

hugs to you,

moijan🙏

hi Alee,

sorry to hear you've been through the mill with sepsis twice.

I haven't discussed any further treatments with onc yet as I'll wait and see if Eribulin works again for me- scan after 3rd cycle will tell.

Kindest x

What treatment are you on now? x

What other treatments have been discussed after eribulin it hasn’t worked for me 3 months and I was unwell thee whole time I had sepsis twice so I am looking forward to something new x

Nicky- have sent you PM
xx
Community Champion

Hi withasmile - it’s good to have you back but not for the reasons you have said! Glad though that you have had a big break from any form of treatment, it will have put you, and your body, in a good place for when you start again. I take it you are going back on Eribulin? I’m being nosy as I stopped  Eribulin last year as the oncologists thought I should only have 8 cycles and not because it had stopped working (it was doing a good job at the time!). I have thought about it being an option to go back to but also thought, even though it is now approved by NICE, that you can’t go back to it? It would be interesting to know if that is a possibility. Sorry to pick your brains - and it is good to see you posting again!

Nicky x

Hi Everyone,

TA DAAA!

I missed you all so I'm back! hahaha Smiley Sad

I stopped Eribulin Feb 2017 when the tumours had shrunk within acceptable limits (triple neg lymphoma para-aortic and liver) and have had a fab time chemo free, but the last couple of scans have showed steady regrowth so I'm starting back next week.

My cancer has never followed a conventional path so the break was the right thing for me at that time.

Of course there's 'will-it-wont-it-work-again' worries but we won't know until 3 cycle scan so I'm not thinking that far ahead.

I've followed the threads; its good to see this tolerable drug available to so many more ladies and lovely to find support still shining.

Lotsa love

xx

Hi Helen

Thanks for your message!

yes I was due to start Wednesday but due to an oversight in the paperwork they gave it to me yesterday. Had a good nights sleep which always helps. Thye've given me steroids for a couple of days to make sure I cope.

21 months is a good length of time (at least good in my world!) ; they've told me 12 max, and thats being optimistic, but they are hopeful of a response and of course they never can tell, so we are relaxed and positive about things. 

Sorry to hear you're having to move on, I can understand how you feel. I was doing quite nicely on the capecitibene and then a similar thing happened to me. The uncertainty of what they will offer and what you will have to cope with next is tough and unsettling.

I'll be interested to hear what the next treatment is.

All the best, I'll be thinking of you xx

Hi Phoebe
How are you doing? I see you started eribulin this week, hope it helps you. I am about to start cycle 21, this is likely to be my last cycle as one of the liver tumours has grown slightly. I have a liver biopsy next week & then more scans before they decide a new treatment plan. In a strange way I will miss eribulin!
Good luck x

Thanks liz
......and apologies for the previous typo!
Predictive text can land you in all sorts of trouble!!
X

Glad to hear you have the go ahead!

Liz x

Hi all 

Relieved to find my bloods have remained stable in this interim phase - I know the cancer has grown in my liver, but fortunately I've kept well with no treatment for the past 4 weeks. Now I've been given the go ahead for my first eribulin on 10th April

I'll be celebrating my son and husband's birthdays with all the family this weekend, so we're all overjoyed I've got the promise of the 3rd line chemo and hopefully many more months/years of quality time ahead!

Beautiful sunny day here!

hope everyone in good spirits

Hugs Phoebe xx

Thanks Nicky and Lizard that's very helpful
Xx