Re: Chemo Buddy Needed - Anyone Currently on Eribulin?

hi Laura,

glad you've found Eribulin 'not too bad', I agree with you- its certainly the least bad of the chemos I've had so far!

Yes you're certainly overdue with something working, most of us here are in the same boat Smiley Sad

I had Eribulin previously. It shrunk the tumours back sufficiently to take a year off chemo, and now they've grown again I'm back on it. It's working again this time, I have another scan in September and we'll decide the next step then.

I found my existing hair came out after the second dose so I cropped it short, then it stabilised and around the third cycle new hair started growing back.

Interested to know if your US routine is the same as ours? - treatment day 1 and day 8 and then a week off to recover?

Let us know how you get on

Hi all --

I'm new to the site and looking for eribulin buddies.

I'm in Boston and have had two doses, so far so good (or at least not bad!)

Hair is coming out now but I'm not sure if it's just "thinning" or whether I'm headed for wig world.

Stats here in US indicate about 20% of patients have success with Eribulin. So far nothing has worked for me, so I figure I'm overdue. Staying hopeful!!

Laura

Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Yes, sorry Helen, I found the taxol variable, but some days I felt really well.  I did keep to the advice not to have any caffeine (search for’diet Tips when on paclitaxel’ I  found eating smaller frequent meals better....and I felt nauseous a lot of the time, but eating seemed to help. From reading others experiences...milk intolerance seemed to occur a bit whilst people were on Paclitaxel.  

Let us us know how it’s going and very best wishesxx

Moijan

Community Champion

What a shame Sarah, hopefully they will be able to sort out your magnesium, if that’s the cause of the 

‘only 8 cycles’. 

Letusknow how how it goes.

howare you finding the heat? I know I’m finding it unbearable.

love and hugs

Moijanx

Just found out that part of tiredness and the reason for my severe muscle spasms is because my magnesium is really low. Been put on sachets to see if helps. If not will have a transfusion. But at least it explains few things x

So sorry youve had to stop the Eribulin. Where are you from Helen? I'm only allowed 8 cycles of Eribulin if it keeps working I've been told so just curious. Hope your new one has positive results xx

hi Liz,

isn't it a lovely feeling just after a scan, when things are stable, and you can go another three months?!

The fatigue does get worse doesn't it.

Wishing you luck

x

Hi everyone,

Haven’t posted for ages. Saw oncologist today for my scan results and everything is still stable. I have had 17 cycles so far, it’s exactly a year since I started Eribulin. Last 3 cycles I’ve been on 90% of the dose due to peripheral neuropathy. Feel ok but get more fatigue now. Next scan September. Feel relieved for another 3 months.

Cycle18 starts Friday!

Liz x

hi Helen,

sorry to hear you've had to leave the relative 'comfort' of Eribulin and start on paclitaxel, but pleased it worked for you for so long.

xx

Hi Spongebobbers
How is everyone getting on with eribulin? I do hope that it is helping you all. I have had to switch to weekly paclitaxel as after 23 cycles of eribulin a liver MRI showed multiple liver mets & the largest had grown several mm since Feb. Interesting that the liver MRI with gadolinium shows up much more than a CT with contrast - it did make me wonder why I hadn't had one before now (had mets for 5 & a half years).....
Miss eribulin, it was tolerable for me and now dealing with paclitaxel. How are you getting on with the paclitaxel Moijan?
How did you manage to go back on eribulin Withasmile? Presume that funding wasn't an issue? Hope you're ok.
Take care of yourselves, Helen x
Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Hello all you Spngebobsxx

How are everyone, I pmd you Withasmile a short while ago...but guess you might be away? 

Moijanxx

Community Champion

5609FE93-908B-4E08-A99D-63A4EBE5CE71.jpeg

Re: Chemo Buddy Needed. Anyone Currently on Eribulin?

Moomin,

I hope your first Eribulin went smoothly, if you feel like chatting let us know how you get on.

xx

Sarah,

I find fatigue is my biggest problem and I get the numbness in arms and fingers. It lessens slightly before the next cycle and then returns.

I've tried every whichway to avoid or manage the fatigue but still haven't cracked it!

xx

It's really hit me for 6 but I did hear that few others were worse after first 2 then eased a bit. Felt generally drained, lethargic and feet really numb. Really hope it's all worth it and it's controlling it. Hope your all doing ok xx

Thats good to hear! I hope i get good results x

Hi Ladies,

Diagnosed March 2017 with TNBC.

Had FEC-T Chemo but on 4th cycle had local spread so Carbo was added in.

Had Mastectomy Sept 2017.

15 rads November 2017.

Risk Reducing mastectomy Feb 2018.

Routine oncology appointment resulted in a CT, MRI's to my brain, neck, spine, liver.

April 2018 diagnosed stage 4 with mets to liver, spine and lungs.

Done 3 cycles of Capecitabine.

CT scan last week shows lungs and spine stabiliased but a new lesion has appeared in my liver.

Tomorrow i start Halaven/Eribulen.

Looking for positive reports on this chemo drug, especially for the liver.

Thank you x   

Community Champion

Have pmd you something

Moijan-

It seems like such a long time ago we were all starting our Sponge Bob journey and you were with us to help us on our way

xx

Community Champion

Missing you Withasmile....good luck XX

hi Sarah

On my first course of Eribulin 2016/2017 I found it kinder than other chemos- its the 5th different chemo I've had- but it certainly did its job for me and I hope it does for you too.

I have triple neg lymphoma and have just completed my 2nd Eribulin cycle after being able to take a chemo break for a year.

I'll have a CT after the 3rd cycle to see whats happening.

Let us know how you get on with it, we're here for you and between us have probably done most of the SEs!

xx