cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capecitabine after Paclitaxel

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Capecitabine after Paclitaxel

Hi again Jay

glad you’re home and getting along with the cape so far.....hope the cape works for you..

after my holiday I had my bloods done before starting my 7th cycle and was pleased to see that myTMs hadn’t gone up at all....in fact they had fallen slightly.

Off for bloods tomorrow for checks before starting my 8th cycle

there is also a thread - Xeloda/Capecitibane your top tips  please - which has loads of info and support...look out for it

xx

Hi Lynnq,

Apologies I didn’t see your reply until now!

Thank you so much for your response. I’m now home after hospital, complete with chest drain and have been on Cape for 8 days. So far so good.

Hi Jayrand

I had Pacitaxol followed by Cape.

Although I didn’t have many SEs, so I had 16 cycles.  Felt tired , woozy and had nausea.  After the 16 cycles I had a scan, which showed tiny progression but on the whole it kept me stable but didn’t see any reduction.  After a seven week break during which I tried Tamoxifen- but the SEs were awful...constant and painful UTIs.....I went onto Cape.  I have had a huge drop in TMs and my SEs aren’t too bad.  Was due to start 7th cycle but I am on holiday now and Onc said to miss a cycle.  I was a bit worried but I am glad now that I am on a break.  It is very warm here in Spain, which is nice but I think the fewer SEs without the Cape is better.

I will be restarting next Friday and wondering if my TMs have risen at all 

Hope the Cape works for you as it has for me after after Pacitaxol was a disappointment 

xx

Community Manager

Hi Jayrand56

Sorry that you havent had a reply yet.  Have you thought about joining the private group for women with secondary breast cancer?

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

Community Manager

Hi Jayrand56

Sorry that you have had any replies yet.  There is a busy and thriving community on the private group for women with secondary breast cancer.  Have you considered joining there?

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

Capecitabine after Paclitaxel

I’v had 5 doses of Paclitaxel but repeat problems with effusion resulting in my second drain. Oncologist says that Paclitaxel isn’t working and I’m to be changed onto Cape. Anyone else any experience of this situation ? Feeling really anxious