Re: Anyone on Taxol

Hi Linda

You mentioned bone pain. I have just started to experience pain in my right leg from my hip down my leg. I also have sore fingers and toes. Have u had any symptoms in hands and toes?

Lorraine x

Hi Lorraine thank you for your good wishes regarding scan results. Went OK apart from hunt the vein.

I agree regarding them not wanting to spend too much money on us. Another reason for them not wanting to spend money on me as I am now 66. Until this chemo I was plodding along nicely. Swimming and aqua fit regularly. Unfortunately not been able to do that in case I pick up a germ. Hopefully I will be able to get back to that.

Pleased your treatment went well yesterday.

Linda

Hi Linda

Hope scan went ok. No have never been offered a liver biopsy. Sometimes I feel secondry means not worth spending money on you! I have always had CT scans where some have had MRIs.

My treatment went ok yesterday.

Best wishes for your results.

Helen - i hope your meeting with oncologist went well.

Regards,

Lorraine xx

Evening Lorraine

Pleased your treatment is going well now. Yes I get bleeding from the nose when I blow it which I do alot with the constant watery eyes and runny nose. That seemed to start when I started cape last October. Did mention it last week when I was having chemo reply was you may have less hair in nose and on eyelashes. Advise try cucumber or tea bags. Do you have the same problem?

Thank you for your good wishes regarding scan tomorrow. Least it is early 10.30 so I won't have to starve too long.

Have you been offered a liver biopsy?

Still wonder why they used all options up on hormone therapy treatment. Suppose each oncologist has their own preferred treatment plan.

Good luck for Thursday. Hope it goes smoothly.

Linda

Hi Linda and Helen

Things going ok for me now that they have sorted the reaction. Have aches and pains, tiredness and sores inside nose which bleed now and then. Got some ointment now. My fingers and toes are also a bit sensitive. Still managing to do every day things which is a bonus.

Linda - I hope your scan goes ok and you get positive results. Hopefully pains you are having are just normal side effects. Fingers crossed.

Helen - Thanks for your post. Hope your chat with oncologist goes well. Is always a worry waiting to see them. Not sure what other treatments are. I was told there were other chemos to try if this one doesn't work.

I see oncologist on 18th and then will be referred for a scan.

Best wishes for you both.

Lorraine xxx

Morning Helen

Hope you had a great holiday.

Treatment not going to bad. Going to have CT scan this Wednesday. I will have had 7 treatments. When I got diagnoised with liver mets I have not had a biopsy have you? Alot of ladies on the forum seem to have one also I have known people whereby the receptor is different from the breast cancer so treatment won't work. I asked that very same question last October was told no that does not happen.

My main side effects are fatigue joint and bone pain which is quite worrying as I have not had bone pain in the 9 years I have had mets. Mentioned the pains to oncologist last week I think that is why she has rushed an appointment through for CT scan.

If you have to change treatments I wonder what it will be?

Hope appointment goes OK on Wednesday with oncologist.

Linda.

Hi Linda & Lorraine
Just checking that you are coping with the paclitaxel at the moment. Have you had a scan midway through? I am hoping it's doing the trick for you both. I've had 13 now, 5 to go. See onc on Wed for a chat about how it's going. As I said last month, I'm not sure how long I can continue with chemo whilst 2 of the liver mets increase each time I am scanned though everything else is stable. How big do they have to get before we rethink? I feel pretty well most if the time for which I am thankful.
Let us know how you are.
Helen x

Morning Lorraine

Pleased everything went well for you last Thursday.

Not sure whether cold cap is working as I have lost more than normal although I have a full head of hair still. I have got long hair so at moment no one would notice. Just have to wait and see. Not lost any hair anywhere else eyebrows eye lashes etc..

Back to see oncologist next Monday so hopefully she will arrange for me to have a scan.

Good luck for Thursday.

Linda.

Hi Linda

Everything went well on Thursday. They gave me extra meds before chemo and no reaction thankfully. Been fine apart from inside of my nose is sore and has caused a few nose bleeds.

Yesterday my hair started to come out. 😣

I hope you are doing well and that the cold cap is working for you.

Just got to live in hope it is all worth it.

Take care and all the best for tomoro.

Lorraine xx

Hi Lorraine

Hope everything went well yesterday.

Linda

Hi Lorraine

I noticed you have put a section on reaction to taxol hope you get some useful information. Not sure what our next treatent is taxol does
For me if it does work I will go on hormonal therapy like tamoxifen. Wonder why they used up all your hormonal options before chemo. Would have been nice for you to have some easier options to choose from.

Good luck for Thursday. Hopefully it will without a hitch.

Linda

Hi Linda

It's all a waiting game. Am glad today went ok.

I saw consultant today for catch up. Discussed scan and he said would not have one until complete another six weeks.

He was also very concerned about reactions I have had. He said to see how next few go and if still have reactions then will discontinue. This is stressing me out as if cannot continue that is one less option. Will have to see how Thursday goes.

Have actually just started a post asking if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Regards,

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine

Well that is number 4 taxol done and dusted. Treatment went well apart from the problem of hunt the vein. Did request to have a port line fitted before treatment but still not fitted. Went for pre treatment assessment last Monday. Said at time could come not on Tuesdays as having chemo. Well got back in to find a letter asking me to come for 12 o clock today. To be honest with only having 8 more treatments I don't feel it is worth having one now. Another thing once I have finished how long will it take for them to take it out. With it taking over 5 weeks to get an appointment to have one fitted could take just as long to have it taken out. They will be on no hurry.

Good luck for Thursday.

Linda

Hi Linda

Was in ny lymphs on left and had spread to bones. Said was best treated with hirmone therapy and no chemo. I wa Grade 3.

You have a lovely weekend too.

Lorraine xx

Hi Lorraine

Sorry you had reaction again to the chemo. Wonder why you did not get chemo back in 2014. Unless you had no lymph nodes involved or it is grade 1 which is very slow growing. Mine was grade 2 and in lymph nodes.

Yes I don't miss taking cape. Even though we are at chemo unit for a few hours least we can come home and forget about it till next time.

Have a good weekend.

Linda

Hi Linda

Glad you are feeling ok after third one. Hope you get sorted with line. I seem to be ok with veins. Just not so good with taking chemo. Had a reaction again but nurse was ready waiting so gave me meds straightaway and wasnt as bad. Had rest and then chemo went in ok. From now on they are giving extra meds before to pre-empt reaction so tell me should be fine. Trust me to be awkward. Feel fine today. Do not miss taking cape tablets.

Hi Helen,

Sorry about your results. Its rubbish when you get this news.

It will be lovely to get away. I never try to go abroad now. Always think will not get insured. Break will do you good.

Can I ask how long or how many treatments it took before your hair started to fall out. Did you get head shaved long after and do you need to put anything on your scalp to protect it? I am not having cold cap but have bought a wig ready. Even though diagnosed in 2014 I never had chemo so this is all a bit daunting losing hair.

Have a wonderful time in Majorca. Xxx

Hi Nicky

I remember you from Cape forum. I hope you are doing ok. Xx
Community Champion

Sending you big hugs Helen, you've had a rough time so a bit of welcome sun and relaxation will do you the world of good.

Enjoy the holiday 

Nicky xx

Hi Helen

Sorry the results were not as good as you would have liked.

Upto now side effects have been less than when I was on cape. I look and much better in myself even hubby as noticed the difference in me. Hopefully I stay as I am.

As you know I am down to have 12 treatments but oncologist mentioned she has had a patient managed 16 before neopathy in hand and feet. Don't know whether she is now thinking of giving me more. I said to her I would rather not. My oncologist likes to get the most out of each treatment before treatment change.

Upto now anyway I have only 2 types of hormonal therapy so there is at least couple more I could try. I have only had Letrozole and exemestane. Got 4 years out of Letrozole and 3 years 8 months on exemestane which I suppose is good.

Enjoy holiday you deserve the break from the treatment.

Linda

Hi Linda & Lorraine
Glad to hear you are settling in to the Taxol sessions ok. Hope you're not suffering with too many side effects. I have now had 11 but having 2 weeks off for my holiday to Majorca. I had results of MRI and to be honest I was disappointed that there had been no reduction in the liver ; 2 had increased slightly whilst the others are stable. Will continue for the 18 cycles planned and be scanned again in Nov. Feel pretty ok, no hair but then I am not trying cold cap so was expecting to lose it again-have fun coordinating scarves with outfits! I have a little neuropathy in toes from time to time.
All the very best with your treatment both of you and anyone else on this chemo.
Helen x
Highlighted

Evening Lorraine

3rd taxol went really well. Had slight red face with steroids last night. Gone now. I have asked to have a line fitted instead of having to hunt the vein each time I go. Took 3 attempts to find a vein. Been for the assessment regarding having a line fitted just waiting for an appointment to come through hopefully before next Tuesday.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Linda