Re: Concerns that my body and mind won't cope

Hi Kim

sounds just like me!

You will be ok...you will be ok...agree to all they offer you because they know that it will be what you need...

it was very tough for me and I was very sick throughout the whole chemo process...but it will be over in a few months and you will get better...I am out the other end now and am feeling sooooo much better...some day soon you will say the same thing....and you might not have a rough time on chemo...get all the help you can and do not suffer in silence like I did....

this makes us stronger as human beings versus the bigger picture...this forum will be a great help to you over the next few months so go on the monthly forum for maximum support..

carpe diem...you will get through these next few tough months and life will get better again...

Aine xxx

Community Champion

Hello,

You will cope because you don't have a choice! That said everything gets easier once you acknowledge that this is it and you cannot trade it for a broken leg instead.

I was where you are now this time last year - I had surgery, chemo, rads and am still having the Herceptin. I have just had number 14 and I am getting 18.

The good news but you don't appreciate it yet is that you are triple positive and that means that they have far more successful treatments that they can give you. By far the worst is to be triple negative because very few treatments are available for them to hit it with.

I just posted on the other thread you are on about the fear of chemo being far worse that having it. You are going to be OK I promise. Ask me about anything and if I can help/support you then I will be glad to xxx

Community Champion

Hi Lee,

Well, it's good you have clear margins & nodes, as good as it can be. 

As ever, the prospect of treatment is daunting, but it will help to knock back any risk of recurrence, your team will advise. Obviously, other ladies who have had your proposed treatment will also be along to advise.

ann x

Concerns that my body and mind won't cope

Hi everyone I have had my surgery and results showed that cancer gone, margins good and lymphnodes clear. Unfortunately the cancer was grade 3 her2 and er + so I'm being offered chemo, drugs and radio. I don't know what to do. 

Answers on a post card please !!!

kim