Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam post?

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: Scam post?

Hi Sunbeam,

Thank you for flagging this. We're aware of the issue and it has been escalated to the Forum product manager. We're hoping that the filters can be tightened so that these inappropriate comments cannot get through. 

In the meantime, we're working hard to spam and ban these as soon as possible.

Thank you again.

Best wishes,

Saskia

Digital Engagement Assistant Breast Cancer Care and Breast Cancer Now

It's been going on since I joined last year and I reported them at that point.  I would have thought these would be obvious to moderators and site management as they must show as a regular post to be listed in first place.  Someone within the web site should be taking ownership to monitor and deal with these.  Who knows what virus etc some of these links may create and since some people are interested in supplements etc they may well not realise they are scam.  

Hi Sunbeam

I also spotted these and several others, I've only been logging on to report them lately!

Thanks Sunbeam

I’m glad someone else is annoyed by these.  It feels such an insensitive intrusion. I’ve reported each one I’ve seen as inappropriate but basically the site’s filters need to be tightened up as they are occurring daily now. Personally, I’m not interested in erections at the moment!  Xx

Community Manager

Hi @Sunbeam thank you for getting in touch and letting us know. 

Best wishes,

Shareena 

Social Media Officer

Highlighted

Scam post?

This is for a moderator.

I've just looked at topics on chat to nurse page and at the bottom of the page were posts that appear to be scam.

They have url link symbols beside them, although I didn't click into them one at least seems to be advertising supplements.  I've a screen shot of them.Screenshot_2019-09-04-19-56-30.png