cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surgery May 2019

262 REPLIES 262

Re: Surgery May 2019

Hi Susie

Pleased you are recovering well from surgery. The theatre experience certainly is surreal! My throat is still a little sore too but not as bad as yesterday. I got some swelling under my lymph area last time but it went in about 3 days without intervention. Hopefully your swelling will be manageable.

waiting game for results now....keep us updated.

Take care.

Mel xxx

Hi everyone 

Just to say thank you for your  kind words and good wishes. The surgery was much better than I imagined it would be. One minute I was having a cannula in to inject a relaxant, anti-sickness meds and pain relief, probes and things attached, next minute I'm in the recovery room with a nurse talking to me!. Surreal.

I had a fairly good night, and am in no pain, just a little discomfort under my arm. The worst thing at the moment is the after effects of having a breathing tube during surgery, my throat's a bit sore. I haven't got a drain which is a huge bonus. I can expect some swelling but if it gets too uncomfortable under my arm I just go to the hospital and they will drain it for me. I am also patched together with internal stitches and glue. That's 2 steps out of the way how many more will depend on next report. I know I've got 2 more rounds of chemo. On the ROSCO trial I only had 4 rounds of FEC. No doubt there will be rads too. Hopefully it'll be established whether I'm HER2 positive or triple negative or even a mix of both, then I'll have a better idea of what I am actually dealing with.. 

Mel, glad to know that you're not in any pain either and that you're also being referred to a therapist. I think sometimes the medics forget about  our mental wellbeing I hope it helps. 

Dikat, thanks for taking the trouble to read my quick up date in the Feb forum. We all enjoy reading your posts too.

I know some of you will be going onto chemo next so if you can join in with the monthly forums when you have a starting date. Please pop into the Feb whenever you like. We're a chatty bunch, as Dikat has already discovered, and someone is always there to advise, help or simply listen. 

Best wishes to you all and once again than you for helping me through this part of my journey❤❤❤❤❤ 

Hi Susie B

Saw your post on chemo thread. Glad you got home and hope you’ve managed a good news nights sleep. Look forward to your update. Take care 🤗 xx

Hi Mel

You take care of yourself and rest. Pleased you have had the referral, we need all of the help we can get during these difficult times. 

Sending hugs 🤗 xx

Good luck to everyone else . Sending love ❤️❤️

Hi Mel oh u look after yourself. Think the emotional side can be worse. Only a day after surgery you’ll be all over the place . Glad it’s over for you . Sending hugs take care 💕💕

Mel, glad you’re surgery’s done and there’s no pain. Take time to look after yourself.

Susie, thinking of you today

Love and hugs to you all

Julie xx 

Hi

weel a one surgery done. Surgeon said that’s it now it terms of surgery as there is no more tissue she can take, Apparently I’ll have an indent which she is looking to fill with fat next year. Experiencing no pain which is good but just feel like I’ve been through the mill. She’s referring me to a therapist to as all this has hit me ha d this week.

Susie - hope all goes well today.

Kaytee- hope you are doing ok.

love to everyone xx

Hi Kaytee 

Hope your recovery is going well xx

Hi Mel

Hope everything went to plan today and you are feeling ok xx

Hi Susie

Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Will all be over before you know it and I hope the chemo has done a good job of shrinking things xx

Highlighted

Hi Kaytee

Thanks for your good wishes. My son is a lot older than yours at 27 but still just as good as passing on the bugs like he did as a child. My throat isn't hurting and my glands aren't swollen this morning, just a bit sniffly so fingers crossed.

Will keep you all briefly up to date. I'll be posting more detailed updates on the February forum.xxx 

Hi Susie

Hope u are well enough for your surgery tomorrow. I had mine (mastectomy) nearly 2 weeks ago now but in the run up my son (who's 3) came down with every bug you can imagine and I was convinced the surgery would be postponed again! Pleased that I didn't get anything more serious than runny nose so surgery went ahead but I know how worrying it can be.

How old is your son?

Hi Mel and Dikat 

Hope all goes well for you today

Katy xxx

Hope all goes ahead fit you tomorrow Susie

Julie xx

Thinking of you today Mel. Hope all goes well

love and hugs

Julie xx

Hi Susie

Thank you for your good wishes! I’m more nervous about this surgery than the lumpectomy which is silly as it’s a much shorter procedure. I suppose it’s the thought if second surgery in 5 weeks. Praying fir the clear margin needed 🙏. Mine was only one edge that wasn’t big enough.

I hope you don’t succumb to the bugs and that your surgery can go ahead as planned. Yes, please let us know how you get on. Will be thinking of you. Mel xx

Hi everyone 

Just popped in for quick catch up and to see how everyone is doing.

Good news about your results DiKat. I'll read  your full post in the Dec thread.

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow Mel and they get the clear margins this time. Not getting them the first time is something I'm dreading but realise it's something that has to be done.

I'm just hoping everything goes ahead for me on Friday. I woke up yesterday with a sore throat and slightly swollen glands, the usual signs for me that I am fighting something. My son, who has just gone away for a few days started with a cough over the weekend. Hoping I don't succumb to it🤞. Temp is normal so guess that's a good sign.    

Will let you know how I get on. All the Best Susie xxx

So pleased for you! Brilliant news

x

Great news ❤️

Fantastic news!! Xx

Great news Dikat

Julie xx

Hi ladies 

Positive results from surgery, thankfully, so can now move on to RT in approx 4 weeks. I have done a detailed post in Dec 2018 chemo thread. Tried to copy & paste it here but couldn’t. Thank you to you all for your kind words & support 💕💕💕🤗🤗🤗

Good luck Dikat today you deserve it you’ve come through a lot . Nearly there 💕💕

Great news Mel hopefully get this sorted tomorrow. Best of luck for operation. 💕xxx

Thanks for the good wishes everyone.

That sounds positive about the lymph node Mel, everything crossed for a clear margin for you now xx

Hi everyone.

i emailed my breast care nurse as I wanted clarification regarding the ‘isolated tumor cells’. Apparently they found some 0.1mm in one lymph node. Because this has been removed she said they would,d do nothing more about it and it suggests no further spread so that’s positive I suppose. Hope they can get the clear margin needed tomorrow. If they don’t I feel inclined to say take the whole thing off and be done with it! 

Susie - not long until your surgery either. Hope all goes well.

Hugs to everyone Mel 🤗

Good luck today with your results DiKat x

Thankyou - will be pleased to get it done x

Morning Mel - Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. Hope it’s 100% success this time.

x

Good luck with your results today DiKat! 

x

Just thinking about the oncotype test. My tumor gets to go to America before me! 🤣😂. How’s that fair after what it’s putting me through! A little piece of humour amongst all of this....

Mel

Will be thinking of you Thursday Mel 🤗 Thanks for the good luck wishes 💕

Thank you.

Hope radiotherapy is ok - I’ll be interested to hear how you find it.

Mel 🤗

Thanks Julie - hope you are doing ok xx

Thanks Mel starts next week. Good luck with operation hope it goes well xx 💕

Good luck for your results tomorrow DiKat

Good luck for your surgery on Thursday Mel

Julie xx

Thankyou - not long until you start radiotherapy 😊

Mel x

Best of luck Mel and Dikat . 💕 xxx

Hi DiKat

Wishing you well for your results tomorrow 🤞.

Surgery planned for Thursday. - hope surgeon can get the sufficient clear margin this time 😊

Mel 🤗x

Hi Mel

Just wondered how you are doing and if you have had your second lot of surgery? I’ve got an appointment for my results tomorrow.

Sending hugs 🤗 xx

So sorry to hear your news Mel. Good luck with your surgery next week and fingers crossed they get clear margins

lots of hugs

Julie xx

Hi Mel

Sorry to hear your news, I know how you are feeling. I had two lots of surgery, my surgeon cut into a smaller second tumour while removing the one picked up on mammogram so margin was deemed not clear. I was honestly alarmed that it was another tumour that the mammogram or ultrasound had not picked up but was assured that it was so small it was not surprising. There is light at the end of the tunnel so just sending you love and hugs. xx

Thank you. You are all so kind. I do feel emotional today and not relishing the though of surgery again. Surgeon said she is going to straighten my nipple as it is going to side a little - I hadn’t noticed to be fair until she pointed it out. So a  bit of free cosmetic surgery. Apparently it’s one edge of where tumor was. Need 1mm clear and I had 0.4 in that spot. My surgeon said the lymph had one isolated cancer cell. 

Big hugs to you lovely ladies xx 🤗

Hi Mel

Really sorry that your margin is not clear and you have a cell in lymph node. I bet your head is all over the place right now. There will be an end to this, unfortunately this horrible journey is just going to be a little bit longer than you first thought. You will get through this and we are all here to support you. Sending huge hugs.

Sending hugs to all of you other ladies and nice to see you here Susie B xx

Sorry to hear that Mel.  Fingers crossed for speedy return to theatre to get you hunkydory - not what you wanted to have to happen, but positive news that they know what they are about.  When I had my lumpectomy my margin was infinitesimally small and there was no further tissue to take, so I live in hope and on a wing and a prayer.  All the best, hugs x

Hi Mel 

Sorry it's not the best news but hopefully they will be able to get it all this time.

I hope you don't have to wait too long xx

Hi Mel .  Oh so sorry you need to get another operation hopefully get it this time . Fingers crossed for test that you get a low score too .,You’re probably all over the place today I know I would be but you will win this . ❤️Xxx

So sorry to read your news Mel.  I hope you don’t have long to wait for your next op so you can keep moving forward.  It sounds positive about the lymph nodes which is good news. Stay strong.  

Sending hugs

Vic

💗 

Hi

Not quite the news I was hoping for. Have to go back to theatre next week as didn’t get big enough clear margin on edge. They are also going to do oncotype test - chemo not ruled out 😓. They found one tiny cell in lymph node but didn’t seem over concerned about it. I feel like I’m starting again and can see no end to this 😓

Mel

Good luck with your appointment Mel, hope it is all positive. x

How frustrating Dikat, fingers crossed you won’t have to wait too long xx

Good luck with your results Mel xx