cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surgery May 2018

Kip

Re: Surgery May 2018

Hmmmm not sure how the “warning “ got on my post... ignore that bit Smiley Happy

Kip

Spoiler

So today is the great unveiling and dressings removed.. but scared but just thinking of cleaning that armpit.  How are you getting on mdlucc?   And cdc hope 2nd op went well xx

Cdc hope all went well yesterday.
Ktk I am at Musgrove in Taunton as I live in Somerset. Not sure who I am under as I,ve seen 3 doctors there so far but they are a team anyway.
X
Kip

Ooh ktk a proper shower... Very jealous.  Good news Bridgett no more bully surgeon.

ktk

So pleased for you Bridget. Xx

Woo-hoo! I rang my BCN this morning as my wound has been increasingly uncomfortable & was invited to go in at lunchtime so they could check it for me. Was greeted warmly, by lovely Nurse who said scar line is healthy but the build up of fluid is probably my problem. She then proceeded to painlessly remove said liquid. While she did this I checked on the likelihood of seeing B****y surgeon who had caused such distress, at my results appointment. She was so sad to hear what happened & exclaimed that is not how it is supposed to be! She is insuring I will see the lovely lad who operated & I needn’t worry at all. She said he would want to see the result of his handiwork anyway! Begone nightmares! I can now relax... Isn’t it wonderful how therapeutic a hug can be.

ktk

Hi Linda. Near OSM. Yes under Mr Ferguson. You too?

Kip, dressings off yesterday so a proper shower!!

No sun in Devon today. Due to rain later ☹️

Hey ktk,
Where r u as i am in Wellington near Tiverton? R u being treated in Exeter?
Linda x
Kip

Just had to share that I have just received my first "knitted knocker" today, it is amazing, so comfy, soft and light and Free!!!  I know a lot of you havent the need for a prothesis but those who do try one of these, they are brilliant!!!

Kip

Yay well done mcnlcc, now rest up and enjoy the pampering from hubby.  Suns Sun here hope it is for call you ladies too.  One more day until my dressings come off and hopefully a lovely soak of if this armpit 😉

All  the best for today cdc .... wishing you a speedy recovery.

mcnulcc ... pleased you’re doing well after your op yesterday. The blue after effects are weird but funny and I think I stopped having blue wee within 24 hours but ‘the other’ lasted longer Smiley LOL  Steady away and keep up with your exercises. 

Xhugx

Rooting for you today cdc! Will so welcome the news that you are safely through this unheralded, sneaky episode. Much love...

Mcnulcc... So glad you have done so well... less than 24 hours after feeling such an understandable wobble. Maintain that positivity as you take each day towards a future which denies unwanted visitors. Keep smiling, laughter is a great healer!

ktk

CDC, I am so sorry to hear your news. Sending you my ch love for your surgery today. Kx

Thanks for the the positive messages of support. Glad to say all went well with operation. My unwanted guest has been removed along with a number of lymph nodes and now we wait for my results appointment. Can't stop laughing everytime I go to the loo and see my waterworks are blue!!. Great icebreaker for the future I think. Keeping pain under control husband now relegated to the spare room for a few days..I'm so grateful that I found this forum as well as all of you amazing ladies. Hopefully might get a decent night's sleep and be able to enjoy the sun which is promised for the weekend..much love and best wishes to all of you xx

Hi cdc, Jazza and all

Im from the April surgery thread but I’m also now scraping into the May surgery as I am also having  a re excision next week ( post wle /snb). I empathise with everyone going through the same and hope we all end up with best results possible.

I do hope everyone else through surgery are having a good recovery.

positive vibes to all xhugx

Kip

Hi cdc, sorry to hear you need more surgery but so pleased it’s happening quickly for you.  Sending you lots of love for tomorrow, hopefully this will be less painful than before and then you can move forward.  Big hugs xx 

I’ve had to push for various things to be moved forward Jazza. It’s so hard to do it (especially when you’re feeling grim) Thankfully things seem to be speeding up now. If you can face it I really think you should ask your BCN to see if there is anything that can be done. Mine managed to get my Genetics counselling moved from the end of August to today! 7th June seems a long time to wait for you to have further surgery especially since all this has been going on since February. Your team should be taking that into consideration because you definitely don’t need the added stress. My surgeon can operate tomorrow because the other big surgery she was expecting to do is going to be a shorter operation than was originally thought so she’ll be able to fit me in too. I think as people get there results things change rapidly so maybe that might happen for you. I do hope so. Take care xxx

That's excellent news ktk. Really eased your appointment went well and you had a lovely lunch in the sunshine with your family.
Oh cdc......I am so sorry. It's a real kick when they tell you you have to have more surgery. It's really good though that they are doing it straight away.... I have to wait until 7 June. I am not happy to wait.... Been waiting for appointments etc since February. I have a meeting with BCN tomorrow and will be seeing what can be done to move things forward. Really hope your second surgery is successful xxx

Cdc, I don’t know what to say, but want you to know much love is being sent to you, along with big, gentle hugs