cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surgery May 2018

Re: Surgery May 2018

Hello all May surgery ladies. Just popped over from April surgery to wish you all the very best and to a speedy recovery. Fully understand your anxieties, nerves and fear of the unknown. I can only speak for myself but the surgery wasn’t anywhere near as bad as I had thought and recovered well. Just listen to you body and rest when need to. I found it easier to keep busy and was back at my home desk on day 2 after surgery and every day after which helped take away the anxiety of the waiting carousel. My fear in town and supermarkets is somebody bumping into me and always very conscious of people around me. We are stronger than we think in this situation. Hope all goes well and will nip back soon and have a nosey to see how you are all getting in by which time I am hoping to be in the radiotherapy thread and not the chemo thread. Find this out on Wednesday. Hugs all round
Community Champion

Kip

Oh my dear I can so relate to that feeling.

I remember after I was diagnosed and was waiting for my op I was shopping in a supermarket and decided to get myself some flowers to cheer myself up, I just burst into tears in the store.  This lovely lady came over and asked if I was ok, I explained about my diagnosis, she just said I understand, she was going for her 5 year appointment that afternoon for ovarian cancer.

Yep it is hard, you do look around and everyone is carrying on with their lives and yours feels as it is totally on hold but it will get better I promise.

I am now 18 months post op, I had a WLE, SNB, radiotherapy and am on hormone blocking tablets for 10 years.  I am about to celebrate my 60th birthday next month, something I could not have imagined would happen in September 2016 when I was diagnosed.

Sending you loads of Helena huggles.  We are all here for you and we will help you get through this.

Helena xxx

Kip

Hello May surgery ladies, hope you are bearing up.   I'm starting to really panic as the enormity of what will happen next sets in.  Feeling very teary despite the beautiful weather.  I went into town in Saturday and had a real wobble, felt like everyone else was going about their lives and mine is upside down, . anyone else feel like that?  Almost feel jealous of everyone  else.  My daughter asked me last night if I am going to be ok, broke my heart!!!  

Kip

Good luck ladies.. will be good to hear how you both get on before I go in.  

Hi Kik

I am having a therapeutic mammoplasty on 10th May so I can really sympathise.  I have Invasive ductal carcinoma - one tumour in each breast.  I’m a full time Mum and volunteer for a dementia cafe so not currently in paid employment. I’ve also been supporting my Mum during her treatment for BC (as my Dad died 2 months before her diagnosis and I didn’t want her going to the hospital appointments etc.. alone). so I have some idea of the road ahead. We are both ER+.  HER-.  Apart from the anxiety of my diagnosis I have felt really wel so everything has felt very surreal. However,  I had my pre-op on Tuesday and felt really drained afterwards.   I think it’s reality sinking in.  I do so hope your surgery goes well.  I’ll be thinking of you and all of us other May surgeries!    This forum has really helped so far so please let us know how you get on when you’re feeling up to it.   Sending my very best wishes. XXX

Hello 👋.
I have been looking at this forum for months now since my diagnosis in March but subsequent biopsys and scans has meant it was only decided last week that I would have surgery first. My op date is 11 May. I am having lumpectomy with LICAP flap reconstruction. Nerves have yet to kick in as have so much to do at work first.... Work has been a real help to me - taking my mind off things -over the past few months with the endless wait for results and appointments. Still waiting for my pre-op appointment!!
Good luck ktk....try to enjoy the long and hopefully better weather weekend before tackling next week x
Kip

Hi, I am due to have mastectomy on 16th may, no reconstruction and SNB removal.  I was due to have surgery on .1 may but it got postponed as Her2 results not back.  I know how you feel, I am looking forward to some thing finally happening. But really scared too.  Do you know what treatment you are having, if any?

Kip

Hi, I am due to have mastectomy on 16th may, no reconstruction and SNB removal.  I was due to have surgery on .1 may but it got postponed as Her2 results not back.  I know how you feel, I am looking forward to some thing finally happening. But really scared too.  Do you know what treatment you are having, if ant?

ktk

Surgery May 2018

Thought I would start the thread for this month.  I am due to have therapeutic mammoplast on the 8th after being diagnosed triple negative a couple of weeks ago.  I went for my pre-op assessment yesterday, followed by some retail therapy!  Since my diagnosis I found that I was unable to cope with work, so have been sorting the house out and cleaning everything in sight!!  I am not looking forward to next Tuesday, but am pleased that smething is happening at last so I can concentrate on what happens next.

Looking forward to hearing everyones experiences, and providing mutual support.  XXX