cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surgery May 2018

Kip

Re: Surgery May 2018

Hi Michelle, apparently when exercising that it when your blood and lymph is flowing more so its important to wear the sleeve to stop it building up.   I would imagine that if you don't have lymphodema there its good to exercise to keep it flowing but the sleeve just helps stop a build up... I think!!  She did say exercise is very good, especially yoga.

Oh Kip I’m so sorry to hear you have developed Lymphodema , but it is good that they have caught it early and you now know what to do to help it. I’m intrigued why you wear it when exercising, I thought exercise was good for it? I love that you're looking for the silver lining with no bingo wings! Xx
Kip

Hi everyone,

Just been to lymphodema clinic... good news is my cording is gone... bad news is.... I have mild lymphodema... now sporting a lovely support sleeve.  I don't have to wear it all the time just when exercising, walking or housework/gardening.   She wants to stop it progressing so has told me some more exercises to do and dos and don'ts and have to go back in 3 months.  She was impressed with the movement i have though.  Actually felt quite teary when I left the clinic, seems I always go in positive and come out with something else but in teh scheme of things.. a sleeve is nothing... and another positive... no bingo wing on that side when wearing it.. lovely toned arm!  Might wear the spare on the other side...Smiley Very Happy

Claire so lovely to hear from you, what a shame about your low bp but as Kip says it’s hopefully just a blip and you get home soon. I hope you are feeling ok in yourself and I’m looking forward to your next update x

Clare ... pleased all went well... hope your BP behaves itself ASAP and you get out of CCU.

Jean xxx

Kip

Ahhh CDC.. so good to hear from you.  Glad all went well, just a minor blip with the old BP... you don't like to take things the easy route though do you.... I'm sure you'll be out of that unit pretty sharpish... sending love

Kip

xx

So sorry about your friend Kip

. I just want to send a very quick update. Unfortunately I’m spending another night in Critical Care. There have been some issues with low blood pressure since my op on Monday. Everything looks great but they need to get me off the drugs I currently need to keep myBP stable. I’ll send an update tomorrow xxx

Not succumbed to the lure of Easter eggs but I couldn’t resist the bargain kitkats and after eight mints 😈 

Kip

Ooooh mini eggs and digestives... All I could focus on in the shops was Easter Eggs

I’ve just been to the supermarket, with good intentions but came out with a bag of mini eggs! Another weakness of mine! 😱

I’m envious of your weight loss too Kip ... as I’m sitting here with a cuppa and digestives. Dare not confess how many I’ve eaten ... 😈 

Kip sorry to hear your friends news, it is what we all dread but Jean is right there are people ‘living with’ cancer nowadays. I’m sure your friend will come to you when she is ready, she probably needs to absorb the information first. I have no doubt you will be a great support to her.
My leg is sore from the physio but that is the norm, it’s an ongoing injury that I hoped had cleared up after resting it during chemo but it seems to be a weakness that came right back. I’m doing exercises to strengthen it and they seem to be working but it’s a long process!
I’m very envious of your weight loss Kip, I really need to stop making brownies! X
Kip

Thanks Feenix - yes hoping for some bargains..  Good news about the hooping... me too.. I lost 3.5lbs last week so thats a plus.

I was thinking about Clare too, hope shes ok.

Kip

xx

News such as you’ve had about your friend Kip, will always hit home. It’s a natural reaction. Being there for her, sending a virtual hug, a message of support is something you can do ... just being there. You’re right, there are many ladies living long lives with mets and there is plenty of support on here which she would find beneficial. There is also the younger persons group. 

I don’t find this subject doom and gloom...it’s just how things are for some. We hope such things will bypass us..... we are definitely all different. Get yourself out shopping ... really good distraction and you might find a bargain 😊.    I started hooping yesterday.

Hope things have gone ok for Clare.

Michelle .. hope physio helped

sunny here, washing out, have done wiifit,  going for a walk and enjoying the weak rays while they are there.

jean xx

Kip

Thanks for all the tips and kind words.   Unfortunately yesterday I had some bad news which didn't help things, I have befriended a lady locally who has been going through treatment (we have never met but chat regularly on line), she is only 41 and had finished treatment but found out yesterday that she has lung mets.   She did have some issues on scan before beginning treatment so it wasn't something out of the blue but still.. it really shocked me and didn't help with the demons at all.    I am going to encourage her to get on this forum and I did some research yesterday and there are lots of chats going on with ladies in the same boat and I think it would be good for her.  Haven't heard from her at all today and don't know how on earth to help apart from just be here I guess.   Having to remind myself we are all different and it doesn't mean it will be me next...  sorry for being so doom and gloom lately... perhaps thats another SE of the Tamoxifen.. it does wreck your hormones... going shopping later.. that will help Smiley Tongue

Kip

xx

Try Insight Timer for free meditation. I used it alot when I couldn't sleep or woke up then couldn't sleep. If you can't sleep play it twice and try using it before bed.x

Dear Kip,

Just wanted to send you a big hug. We all have those demons, but just think what our bodies have been through last year. How could we not be having some side effects from it all? Everyone is different so try not to worry that others aren't experiencing the same symptoms. Try to focus on how far you have come. I get scared too, but then I think, I have had so much treatment, surely those cancer cells don't stand a chance!!! Being back at work helps too, as there are hours at a time that I am focusing on my work.

Love Jane xxx

That looks really good Kip. It’ll be the same one here. There’ll probably one where you are Michelle. It’ll compliment the moving forward course. I’ll be putting my name forward ... do everything that’s available. My bcn said that ladies who have attended found it very beneficial.

xx

Just saw your post Michelle....takes me so long to get a message on here using one finger typing on an iPad 😂  Just brought to mind reading an article about craftfulness... some find it more beneficial as you’re doing/making things and can be in a group. I’ve got a few small projects to do, such as knit a hat ( probably get it done for next winter !! ), finish a tapestry, do tie dyeing etc. Hope the physio works for your hip. Yikes... not long before you’re trekking. Staying with family is definitely different ...you experience all the power and water cuts 😂 I’ve travelled with them in India, we are in the south, and it’s really interesting. 

xx

Kip

This is the Hope course20190114_160410.jpg20190114_160521.jpg