Kip

Re: Surgery May 2018

Hey Feenix goid to see you re out on your bike and enjoying life well done.  Michelle you sound like you are making progress to thats brill!!  Id llove a holiday at the moment but we will be waiting til new year i think when hopefully all this done.   Just want my mouth to gef back to normal before next T so i can enjoy some food for once.  So tired too slept 9 houes last night but still feel 😪

Sorry keyboard got stuck! I’ve got everything crossed for you for good results on the 14th.

After my re-excision-on the right I realised that the boob quite a bit smaller than the other but if I was keeping them I don’t think it would bother me that much. I think my surgeon told me that many people naturally have different sized breasts.

Really impressed with your bike riding Jean! I

Hi Michell So lovely to hear you’ve booked a holiday. I’m thinking of doing the same if I get the ok between finishing chemo and having my mastectomy, I’m not sure how long you are supposed to wait but I’m hoping to finish chemo in Nov. It will all be getting rather close to Christmas but I don’t know ifI can wait till after the holiday to have the op. All up in the air. I had another short night but it’s because I had to fast before having an ultrasound on my gall bladder. Had to eat anti-nausea meds and eat breakfast at 5am! Thankfully as I had thought it would, U/S just showed I have gall stones and some signs of calcification but the BC has not spread. Still it was Good to get confirmation. He steroids on T are to prevent some sort of allergic reaction I’m told. I have been tapering the steroids on this cycle but because air was out of routing last night I’ve felt rather queasy all day.

Hope all goes well with getting he clips taken out tomorrow. I’ll bcrossed

Pleased you’ve managed to get out on your usual walk Michelle. I didn’t have any clips in but I only had snb when I had my WLE in April. I’ve taken plenty out and they are usually straight forward to remove. If you have any numbness there you won’t feel anything. I have to say I felt rougher after my first op than my mx..and it took longer for me to recover and not feel knackered. I’ve been driving with no discomfort but after wle it took me at least 4 weeks to feel comfortable changing gears, and then it still twanged.

After my first op boob was smaller as I lost the nipple area.. I likened it to a cupcake with the cream taken off leaving a noticeable dip.... After the re excision it was getting like an Eccles cake 😂 .. it was flatter and smaller still and looked higher than the other. The difference in size and appearance didn’t bother me and I was quite happy wearing a non padded bra. I was told I could have lipo filling and of course many women have a silicone prosthesis to fill the gap. Some larger ladies may opt for a reduction on their good side if there is such a discrepancy in size. Hopefully your results will be fine, I’ve got everything crossed. 

A break away is Fab. 

Enjoy the weekend, in spite of the expected BH weather

Jean xx

Hi Jean,
Pain is a lot more manageable, just discomfort. I haven’t had any pain killers yet today. I went out with my dog walkers yesterday, it was so good! Being out of the house and chatting to friends the perfect combination. My dog is still at my mums as I didn’t fancy her being around for the first couple of weeks. Mum is bringing her back on Wed. I’m having the clips out of my wound tom. Did you have that? Does it hurt?! I like to prepare myself! I’m looking forward to them being out, the dressings off and seeing how it’s looking. I’ve already noticed my boob is smaller than the other side but I don’t know if that will notice to others. It feels like progress.

OH and I have booked a mini break on 14/9 to San Sebastian. It was really good value! I get my results on 13th, so we’ll either be celebrating or preparing for more surgery. Fingers crossed very tightly.

Well done for getting back on the bike, and no jelly legs already! Also good for you helping in the garden. I had said I’d help OH in garden (keep him company) but when it came to it I felt cold and couldn’t be bothered. I seem to go through spurts of wanting to do stuff and can’t be bothered.

Enjoy the bank holiday and keep cycling! X

Hope everyone else is doing ok x

Michelle.. had a go on the old bike again this morning, just to the village shop again, but no jelly legs afterwards... I’ll definitely have to keep it up. I’ve been doing a bit of garden raking...tidying up a bit after OH did the hedge. Feeling ok but not overdoing it. 

How are you doing? Is your pain more manageable now? Keep on getting out for those walks.

Hope you’re all doing ok today

hugs xx

Hi Kip glad you are home, take it easy and hope you feel better x

Well done for getting on your bike Jean! You have to start somewhere. I know what you mean about depleted muscles I was shocked at my lack of fitness when I did a couple of runs between chemo and surgery, but there’s only one way to change that....! X
Hi Claire hope you got a better nights sleep last night. Are you on the steroids at the moment? I only ever used to get max of 5 hours then no matter what I tried. I read here somewhere that some onc’s Phase the steroids so you have 6 on day one the 5 then 4 the next day and so on. Interesting idea, I can’t even remember why you need steroids on T I know on FEC it is sickness but a different reason in T. Sorry I’m like that full of useless info! I never remember the important bits or the punchline of a joke!! Anyway hope you are doing ok x

Pleased you’re home Kip hugs xx

Fingers crossed for a good weekend Clare. 3 hours sleep is pants but I hope you had a good catch up nap. I tried out my old bike round the village ... I made a bit of a racket as my rear brake is soooo noisy. Just goes to show how much my muscles have gone this year as I had jelly legs when I got back home... need to bike on a daily basis if possible.

I hope you have a better sleep tonight xx

Kip how are you grrring on this afternoon? Hope you’re home soon, I now get anticipatory nausea just thinking of the hospital food! Hope taste buds are fully functioning when you get back. Take care xxx

Hi Jean 

Think I overdid it yesterday so having a bit of an up and down day.  I did only get 3 hours sleep last night!  Just off for a nap.  Thankfully nausea isn’t continuius this cycle and I have had some momenrs of respite so hoping that I’ll be nausea free by the end of the weekend.  Xxx

Clare ... hope you’re doing ok after cycle 4 xx

Kip ... definitely a bonus not being able to taste hospital food. You’re having a particularly rough time and now your veins are going walkabout ...  b*gger.... it’s the pits ... sending gentle hugs xx

Highlighted
Kip

Thanks all, hhaving a celebratory paracetamol at mo... Not quite what j hoped for. Veins packing up now too... Never rains but it pours

Oh Kip I'm sorry you are really not where you want to be right now - speedy mending and home soon.

And big congrats to your son - it makes us so proud when our children do well  -  because it's a 'feel good' for everyone, and we know that they are setting their futures and opening doors for themselves.  Have a wonderful celebrate as soon as you can x

Kip

On the plus side cant taste hospital food🍜

It doesn’t sound fun at all! Hope you feel better today x
Kip

Hi thanks Feenix and Michelle... Woken up today with thick white tongue again ...  Please come back taste buds i miss you..  Casa NHS no fun 🙁

Kip .... bloody hell.... didnt expect to see you’re in Hotel NHS ... hope your bloods improve and you escape home ASAP . Mega congratulations to your son on doing so well.... you’ll be one proud mam

sending hugs xxx

Kip so sorry hear you are suffering so much. At least you are I. The right place where they can monitor you. I hope the bloods get back up soon and you feel better. I understand how you must feel to have missed your sons results but great news he has done well and you can celebrate when you are feeling better. Thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery x