cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surgery May 2018

Re: Surgery May 2018

Oh Michelle what a shame about the date for your surgery coinciding with A level results. I’m sure your daughter understands But I can see why it’s such an emotional time, Do you know how long you’ll need to stay in for? Hopefully you’ll be out and celebrating before you know it. Also wanted to say thank you for sharing your experience about diarising your SEs and how this helped you. I’ve now tried to work out the pattern with regards to coming off the steroids and I definitely feel most lousy 2 days after I’ve finished them, Maybe that’s the day I’ll just know to hunker down and accept I’ll feel grim for a while.
Love your description of the Grand in Brighton. Tired and worn-that’s me too at the moment! Will have to find a more fitting place to stay next time - hopefully ‘newly refurbished!!’ It would be wonderful to all meet up when all our treatments are over.

How are you doing post surgery Jean? I’ve been thinking of you xxx

Kip is right Michelle... you’ll still be in touch with OH on your op day. Sending a hug.

Im not too bad Kip... bit up and down but better today. Doing exercises.. I’ve had plenty of practise !!  Waiting for results now .. hoping there’ll be nothing unexpected and I can get my head in gear (totally wiped out yoyoing about recon and final histology) ... after that get a bit fitter and reconsider what I want, or not !!! Planning to get myself a new bike and get pedalling... better get a bike hat too. Think the time is right to get another car after all that test driving we’ve done since diagnosis. Just been for walk along promenade and it’s quite warm tonight so expect you’ll be sweltering further south.

xx

Kip

Michelle if it's any help on my day of surgery I was back from theatre in a couple of hours and home in 6 from moment of arrival al, but on the ward I was texting and chatting and walking around so you'll hopefully be able to at least direct your husband should he require help.

feenix how are you doing?

Just got a date for surgery, 16th August. Which is A Level results day and my youngest daughter gets her results. I have to be in by 7.30am her results come through at 7.30-8am. I’m so upset. She worked so hard even with all of this going on. I’ve asked the secretary if I can go in a bit later but even that’s not ideal if she doesn’t get what she needs for her uni choice. I know my OH is more than capable of coping with clearing if need be, maybe it’s the control freak in me but I just wanted to be there. Sorry feeling very emotional x

Hope you’re all having a decent day.

overcast here... bit cooler which is good.

Hope you manage a run Michelle 

I’ve been to Brighton years ago when OH worked in London... pebbly beach... nice place... probably much more busy now. I think we drove down for the day.

Clare ... how are you today ?

Kip ... hope you’re doing ok today

xx

Thanks for your good wishes CDC, once you get to the halfway mark chemo does seem to do quicker. I know it is difficult with the steroids. I diarised my side effects through every cycle and each cycle was so similar I knew what was coming when. It made it easier even the low moments because I figured out it lasted 1-2 days. I still cried my way through those days but knew they would end.

Glad you had a good walk Kip, I’m sure that helps with SE’s, it seemed to help me.

Jean a 3 week wait must be frustrating but I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you. You certainly were prepared having your hair cut short but it must be a nice feeling the thought of growing it again. Claiming back a piece of you. That’s how I feel about running again, although obviously I’ll have to stop again after surgery. My run on Saturday was along the seafront of Porthcawl, South Wales. There were lots of surfers out it was a good atmosphere I’m going try and run again this week and then do parkrun again on Saturday, but we’ll see as the tiredness is biting this week. I love Brighton too CDC, I took my mum there for her birthday this year. We stayed in The Grand but it wasn’t looking so grand, quite tired and worn, a bit like me at the moment!!

I would love to meet up when this is over, you’ve all been such a support xx

Michelle , great you’ve done your run.... very emotional time. I’m hoping results will be back 3 weeks. Didn’t expect more out... if all well then I won’t be having more treatment and can then decide what I want to do. I’ve even started to let my hair grow ... I had it chopped off at the beginning and kept it short , just in case. I was more prepared for chemo than surgery !!!  At least I know my cancer recurrence is as low as it possibly can be at this moment in time.

Clare ... sorry you’ve been feeling down... hope that won’t last long ... getting the meds balance right must be really difficult. It’s good you know you’ll get better though and have something to look forward to with OH and daughter.

I do feel for you lasses going through chemo but nearly half way through 🤞 💪 💪 

This time next year will definitely be done and dusted.... we’ll all have to have a celebratory get together in the big smokey 😊 🍸 🍻 

Kip... you’re doing well with walk ... good destination. I was in overnight, BP a bit low, drain out next day. Easy recovery considering. Need to keep up with exercises.  I see Michelle had good advice about T 

I think it’s going to be cooler, soon 😊 

Ive not seen anything from Jazza or Bridget. Just know Jazza was waiting for results after her third op... hope all is well. 

hugs xx

Kip

Hi yes I've not heard from Jazz's and Bridget for a while either?

Michelle What great news that the tumours have shrunk so much that you won’t need a full mastectomy. I wish you well for your last chemo cycle and for your operations. Very impressed to hear about your Park run today especially as it’s the first one since it all started. Did you run along the sea front? Must make sure to try and get to the coast this Summer. I usually take my daughter for a day trip to Brighton each year so hopefully I’ll feel up to doing that at some point. It’s always a lot of fun.

So pleased to hear you’re out of surgery Jean. Sorry you’re having to wait for more results but I have everything crossed for you. Hope you enjoyed your seaside walk. I’ve been feeling rather down for the last couple of days but I think it’s because I haven’t quite got the balance right between the anti-nausea and steroid medication. At least I know that my chemo SEs won’t be so bad next week and the following week I should be back to ‘normal’ so I’m looking forward to a few nights away with my daughter and OH.

Kip I really know what you mean about wanting the chemo to be over. I’m getting so fed up with it now! Still, next cycle I’ll be half way through too. Hope the T part treats you kindly. Keep telling myself that this time next year all the treatments will hopefully be done and dusted and we’ll all have the best holidays ever!

Hugs and lots of love to everyone. Xx

PS I seem to have lost track of Jazza and Bridget.. Is anyone still in touch?
Kip

Hi Feenix so glad you are doing well, did you get home on the same day?  I start T on 13th Aug so got one more week to go.   Just want the chemo over.  

Michelle well done on the park run, I walked 2 miles to pub and back last night and it was fab, no TV as marathon  but it's something.

Jean so pleased to hear you are out and doing so well post op. How long until you hear back re your nodes? Will you have to have more out. It’s another lovely day a walk by the seaside will be lovely.

I’ve been by the sea myself this morning I did a parkrun, my first since all this started. I felt like me again, doing what I do, although not as well as before but I don’t care. I even shed a few tears whilst running it was quite emotional.
X

What great news Michelle .... so pleased for you. Your surgery will be fine. I’m ok post op. I had a couple more nodes sent so awaiting histology....again.  Off to seaside for a walk. I really need to get some more weight off and get fit

Kip... hope it gets cooler soon. When do you start T?

Clare .... hope you’re doing ok

xx

Thanks Kip and thanks for your contribution on the August thread. I will certainly let you know how I go with the op. Try not to worry too much about the T I was surprisingly ok with minimal SE’s, although I have noticed the tiredness is worse this time. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you x
Thinking of you Jean x
Kip

Hi I michelle that's fabulous news for you and at least lets us see that the chemo really does do its job!  I haven't had node clearance yet I'm probably having it after chemo and before rads.  You'll be able to let me know what it's like.  I finish chemo on we sept.  Can't wait as getting worried about the T part.

Feenix.. thinking of you xxx 

Love to all.. another hot day here in Suffolk so lazing around with breeze in my baldie XX .Kip

Hello!
I had a really good appointment with the surgeon today. After a trip to radiology for a mammogram and ultrasound he told me there is now no need for a mastectomy! The tumours, (I had 2) have shrunk down to nothing. He said he is going to remove the areas where they were and the size they originally were. So after a lot of time spent thinking about recon it turns out I won’t need it and they would have offered a delayed recon anyway!
I will still have the full lymph clearance. Am I right in thinking you’ve had this Kip? How long was your recovery? Sorry if you have told me before, I can’t remember.
The surgeon said surgery might be on 13th or 23rd, which would be great as I want to get on with it now, although I don’t actually finish my chemo cycle until 10th which doesn’t give me much time to recover but fortunately I haven’t suffered too much from chemo.
Obviiously I’m really pleased, whilst remembering that things can still change.

Jean is your surgery tomorrow? I hope it all goes well for you x

I hope everyone else is keeping well xx

I try to be Kip ... not done them today though. That’s a good way to decide your own queries. Its always difficult to decide without a strategy. It does make sense though. They must be on a par with risks and effectiveness as wouldn’t be given as a choice. Know someone who had rads but think she just didn’t want more surgery, but she did research the risks of both. she has some upper arm pain but it’s manageable... says it’s like someone has punched her.  It’s the deciding but sounds like you’re nearly there with it. 

Like that you can easily check your scar area... it must be really improved now.  It was something that crossed my mind. 

Hugs xx

Kip

Hi Feenix you are good still doing the exercises I do them sporadically but have good movement.  Cdc the Asda underwear etc is only on line unfortunately.   I still have to decide whether to have node clearance or just rads on them?  I think I want them out for peace of mind but not sure still?  I try to think if they offered me only rads would I be disappointed and if I think yes then j really want them out.  I did that with my mx, I thought if  they only offered recon would I be disappointed and I felt I would so that helped me decide.  Hope that makes sense ??  

Clare ..I think lots of women have to wait for recon and some decide not to have it after the wait. 

Yes.. I can see that your skin and scars would need to be optimal for your surgery, whatever that may entail.... do you think you’ll have Diep?

I do the exercises but probably only twice a day... I’ve full range of movement... I’ve been doing them long enough !!! 

Asda post op bras etc are online...not seen them in store.

Hope yesterday went ok and se’s Better

michelle... good luck with surgeon tomorrow

xx

Kip , glad you’re feeling more yourself. I was sure what I didn’t want ages ago but over time I had to think +++ and so went into yo-yo mode. If surgeon had had the right gear in theatre last week I might have gone with implant. The yo-yo effect is bloody awful. Hugs xx

Lingerie evening sounds good Michelle.

Know what you mean about feelings changing...I change my mind on a daily basis xx

I agree the surgeons have to make absolutely sure we are happy with our decisions. Just wish they could word things a bit more sensitively at times! It’s worth waiting to make a decision about waiting for reconstruction when you’re unsure. Interestingly my Someone Like Me volunteer waited two years before having surgery on her healthy breast as she decided she wanted to be symmetrical her previous reconstruction, it seems strange worrying about my scarring when I will be having my breasts removed anyway but my surgeon said it’s impoertant as they want my scarring /skin to be as good as they can be to prevent any further issues during my MX. I suppose there is always a worry that the new wounds won’t heal. I’m also having massaging to the scars through Haven so hopefully that might help with the current tightness I sometimes feel. Are you still doing the post op exercises? I’ve been very lax but I seem to have pretty good movement.

It’s good to hear about the ASDA range of bras and swimwear, we don’t have a store near us. Can you order it all online? Will definitely be looking into it when the time comes. I really miss swimming too Kip! Aside from walking it’s one of the only sports I really do enjoy.

The lingerie evening sounds great Michelle. When is the date of your next surgery. Hope you can have some enjoyable outings in the meantime.

Take care everyone xx
Kip

I've never heard of a lingerie evening, be very interested to hear about it, what  a fab idea.  Will definitely pop over to the new thread and see if I can offer any advice.  I do feel for you Feenix you've had such a long wait for surgery it does mess with your head.  Soon be over and you can begin to come to terms with the new you.  I just knew I didn't want a mound either and I like the fact that j can feel all around my scar and remaining tissue to check what's happening.... but that's just me.. Mrs paranoia.  Take care and have a good evening, I'm starting to feel back to myself today so that's nice altho the eye lashes are decidedly thinner today but hey not much more can fall out now !   Love to all Kip xx

I’ve just booked onto a breast cancer care lingerie eveining, I don’t know if any of you have been on one? It’s in a couple of weeks so it may be I can’t attend as in having surgery but I thought it would be a good opportunity to see what’s out there.
Jean you seem so unsure about a recon it must be best to wait, there is no deadline. I like the line that Kips friend said about being ready to finish the job. Although I’m pretty certain I want a recon I’m thinking I might wait a year. Give my body a chance to heal and my head a chance to ‘try’ and come to terms with what has happened over the last months.
We’ll see things are always changing, especially my feelings.
I’ve set up a thread for August Surgery so if any of you want to hop over and give advice at any point it’s always appreciated.
Stay strong chemo ladies and I hope all goes well for surgery Jean xx

I really think surgeon just checking my decision Clare, like Kip said. I think it’s every day stuff for them but big deal for us. The boob has to go but I don’t want a ‘breast mound’ replacement which may cause more problems, like your friend Kip and her implant. I’d always thought I would go flat if needed but the waiting and deciding has played havoc. Anyway recon is always available down the line if wanted. I just hope I “bond” afterwards.

I hope you get an appointment your new foob fitting soon Kip. Asda swimming gear seem to get good feedback. I’ve heard of others using bio oil. I don’t think it matters so much what you use, as long as it’s not highly perfumed, as it’s the massage that helps ‘mature’ scars.

Clare ... hope all goes ok today.

xx

Kip

Hello Cdc and Feenix, my scars gets redder and irritates a bit after chemo j notice, they are very well healed but can pull a bit during the 2nd week, otherwise no problems.  I use aveeno on mine bur was also wondering about bio oil?  In relation to the daft questions your surgeons ask, when i said i want mx with no recon mine said "You do realise you will look down and be flat"... felt like replying "no kidding Sherlock".   Guess they feel they are double checking we understand the process?  

It must be so hard for you to still be juggling with decisons over surgery especially cdc with chemo adds in to the mix.  I can't decide what to eat sometimes let alone make those decisions.  I am sure you'll both be sure of the right thing when  the time comes and you'll both find bras that fit properly, I'm still waiting to hear about a proper prosthesis.. then i can shop for some more.  I do have a nice post op swimmjng costume from asda...  if only i could go swimming though.  If it's any help my friend had mx with inplant which unfortunately  rejected so she had a couple more ops and has had to complete chemo, rad s and tamoxifen and is currently flat but is having tummy diep in October as she is now 2 years clear and is very excited with the prospect and said she wouldn't change a thing with her decisions and feels she is now ready to "finish the job" and complete the journey.  I don't think I'll ever want a recon but who knows how we will feel once through this tunnel?.  

Take care kip xx

So sorry to hear about your panic attack. Making decisions is so hard.  I’m certainly thinking of you and hoping all goes well with the surgery at the end of the week.  

Thanks for your wise words!  I will leave the bra shopping for now and take a look at the other sites you mention as my mind is not made up with regards to recon or not.  What a very strange question for your surgeon to ask!! Good answer.😄  A friend of mine who ‘opted’ to have a double MX told me that the surgeon enquired  ‘So you’re happy with your decision?’’ the day after her surgery - she replied ‘Well no I’m not happy that I have Breast cancer and had to make the decision in the first place!’. Some surgeons seem to be staggeringly insensitive at times!  

Take care and hope you’re able to enjoy the cooler weather. 

Clare xx

ps Good to hear that you’re also using Aveeno.  Think I, going to stick with it for the moment and hopefully my scars will become more supple.  

Clare ... definitely hang fire with the bra shopping until after your op... it makes sense. I’ve been using aveeno after both ops... no tightening. Op end of week. Think I had panic attack last week but I’m still not keen on implant and really not up for flap surgery ... just not mentally up for for either so I’m left with mx. Need to get through results after that. When I saw surgeon she said to me “so you want a mx” .... I replied that “no I didn’t” Smiley LOL typical answer to the question I expect !!! I’ve looked at sites relating to no recon and stuff like Scar project and What Lies Underneath. There’s lots of interesting stuff out there relating to recon and none ... probably gives a better overview than textbooks.

I hope tomorrow goes ok .. minimal se’s.

Kip... hope today has been better

hope it stays cooler

xx

We’ve had storms too and thankfully cooler weather. It’s helped me feel less fatigued but I hear the heatwave will be returning in the next few days. Aaaagh! I went bra shopping in John Lewis after my oncology a

Pint,met today but it was a complete waste of time! Looks like I’ll be in the post op bras till my next surgery, All the non-wired ones they showed me felt uncomfortable and had a band that seemed to irritate my scars. I’m steering towards a double MX with immediate tummy recovery after chemo so who knows what bras I’ll need after that! At least it saves me spending money now when I’ll only need to get new bras anyway.

Does anyone find their scars are tightening particularly in the heat? Mine have only just healed fully and I’ve started using Aveeno on them but wondering if there is anything else I could try. Hey are still looking very red but there is no oozing or crusting.

Do you have a date for your next surgery Jean? I know you were taking some more time to think over your decision, Very wise.

Take care and hugs xxx

Kip ... saw that you’ve been having a tough time. Your 16 year old sounds so lovely, daughter too. Your OH ... bless him he must be feeling so helpless. I hope se’s will be improving soon.

sending hugs 

Jean xx

Kip

Yayyy finally hot storm last night... such a relief,,

Thunder, lightning and rain in buckets last evening and overnight... nice and breezy today

Clare... good to see you are enjoying some normality

Kip ... hope you’re having a good day... surely you’ve had rain by now !!!

Michelle ... hope today is good

xx

Thanks Jean just didn’t want to be a gate crasher to the thread. You certainly haven’t put me off, I’m super impressed with how much you have researched. I’m probably the opposite to you although I usually know what I want and what I don’t I dont look at things in depth.
I know I don’t really fancy an implant for the same reason as you have said, it’s a foreign body. That just doesn’t sit well with me even though like you I can see the advantages of it.
I have got the breast cancer care booklet on reconstruction and will read it soon. I didn’t want to read it this week as I was feeling down enough! I am thinking flap, but don’t really know much about it. I wouldn’t be surprised if I end up having to wait for recon anyway because of the rads.
Thanks for all of your points, I will do my research next week and yes I will right down all of my q’s. My memory is so bad I’ll have to write the answers too!
I think Kip asked how long after chemo is the op? I have been told between week 4-6 after last one. I am hoping for begining of week 5 as my daughters birthday and prizegiving are in the beg of sept and it would be nice to (hopefully) be mobile for those.
I will let you know how get on on 2nd.

Weather update (Cardiff) we had rain earlier, no storms but our water butt is full and it is lovely and cool at last! X

Maybe tomorrow Kip ... still warm indoors though

Michelle.. don’t let me put you off ... I like to know the insides of a fleas armpit 😂 

Kip

Oh no rain here yet, hope it does though

It’s been thundering and raining lots 

Hope you’ve had it too Kip and all

xx

As Kip says of course you belong.... we are all in this together, on any thread.

I think the most important thing I got from surgeons appt was being able to talk things through again and went through histology’s again. plus OH was with me. I don’t think I could have signed a consent form after not seeing her for 5 weeks. In hindsight I should have had op weeks earlier instead of waiting for to come back from hols... could have had another surgeon.  When I go back to implant I know I am really not keen.... to me it’s a foreign body, silicone can  leak little bits and get into nodes ( got that from recon book), use mesh which is a FB too ( no long term research as to safety...bmj article) and gets absorbed into skin but not systemically, it’s under pec, can get twitchy muscle, doesn’t move etc.... As you can see I go into things in depth, overthink,  but these are things Ive come up with and it’s how I see things.   And that’s without the potential complications !! It is a quicker recon than flap op, it provides a shape to put bra on, is used a lot and many women are happy without any problems. Am also talking things through with OH. Anyway it’ll be all over end of next week... just need to get rid of the remains of the boob. 

As you know you want recon things should be somewhat easier although you do have to get all your options. I get the feeling that you will be thinking of flap recon ??? You can’t have permanent implant pre rads. You could have a temp implant after skin sparing mx and be ready for flap recon. You can have flap recon before rads but might compromise recon. Some surgeons will do before rads, some won’t..... just a few things I’ve picked up along the way.

Write your q’s down, ask time scales, recovery, do’s and dont’s afterwards.

its good you’re getting to the next stage.

Hope youll be back to getting fit soon ... you’ll be back to 🏃‍♀️ 

J xx

Thanks Kip, that’s all good to know and I look forward to comparing notes or should that be nodes! 🤣
Kip

Michelle, of course your belong! Doesn't matter what the time frame is we are all in this together and all the help we can pass on amongst us helps! Good luck with the next appointment, I guess it is good to be moving forward and having the worst part over with. I've had the MX but have to have the axillary clearance next so we can compare notes! MX was easy, hardly any pain and healed very quickly. home within few hours too!

Thanks Jean I am feeling much better today, steroids are definitely the devils work! I feel like myself again today, I think the steroids have left my system, hooray! Having had time to reflect on your meeting with your surgeon how are you feeling about it all? Are you still thinking the implant is a good option? If so when will your op be?
Kip once you have the T and get through the first few days I’m sure time will go quickly. Understandably you are building up the T in your mind, I did the same. I haven’t actually had many SE’s from T itself mine have mostly been from the steroids. I have my first appt with surgeon on 2nd. As far as I know I am having a mastectomy and axillary clearance. I don’t know if I can have a recon straight away but I am keen to have one. I
I am strangely excited about Thursday’s appt, probably because it’s another step forward, but I’m sure I will be posting q’s here. You’re all really helpful and supportive even though I don’t necessarily ‘belong’ to this thread, so thanks to everyone here for that I really appreciate it xx

Morning all

hope today is a better day

weve had a bit of thunder overnight and some rain this morning.. need more

blood moon tonight ... it’ll probably be chucking it down tonight

xx

Sorry Michelle ... I didn’t look at date. 

Sorry both you and Kip are having emotional day

hugs xx

Michelle ... hope today hasn’t been as bad as yesterday. Steroids have a lot to answer for.

My surgeon is canny but I’m sure she’d just like me to get on with things...I’m sure she’d be happy if I go down the recon road. Anyway I gave her an easier day today ... it would help ease her in after her hols Smiley LOL  

Hugs xx

Kip

Michelle21, strange isn't it you the think the relief would be immense reachinb the end of chemo, i thought I'd feel the same reaching half way but I've been more emotional thinking what I've still got to do, i hjavent had and T yet just finished FEC so still got that joy!  At least we do know you get through it eventually.  What surgery are you having and how long do you have to wait post chemo?  Im havjng node clearance then rads then hopefully done and dusted and just regaining some normality and a bit of hair !

Highlighted

Thanks Kip, feeling low and still teary, I am just hoping I will feel more like myself again tomorrow. Its so horrible feeling this emotional.
I’m not sure I have felt the relief of finishing chemo yet. I’m worried that by saying I’m done it’s going to make me get an infection. As my daughter would say I don’t want to jinx it. I think once a get to day 14 I will relax a bit more although then it is on to surgery. I want it all to be over and done with but I don’t want to go through it all. I suppose we all think that though. Have you just had your first T? I hope it goes ok for you x
Kip

Hi Michelle, thanks for the post, all inforamtion regarding T welcomed, not sure what to expect but am expecting down times, just have to battle on... well done for reaching the end that must be a relief!  Hope the tears dry up soon and you get your mojo back!  Kip

Jean I am pleased you had such a good conversation with your surgeon, she sounds as though she really wants what is best for you which is great to hear. I hope my surgeon is as good. X
CDC and Kip I’ve been following your steroids conversation with interest. I’ve had my last chemo now but yes I’ve struggled with the steroids on T. I don’t have as many as you Kip, I take 8 a day for 3 days and that’s it, but that’s more than enough! I spent last night crying into my pillow because my OH was 15 mins late home! Of course it turned into I just want this all to be over crying. I’m expecting to be low today too, we’ll see. I know with FEC steroids are given as anti sickness but I’m sure my ONC said they are given for a different reason in T but Having the memory of a goldfish I can’t remember what.
The steroids also irritate my oseophagus causing reflux and making it very uncomfortable to swallow,
Sorry not a very positive post but thought I would just tell you about my experience, I hope you both cope ok xx

Hi Jem... saw surgeon and went over things, again, which was helpful ... it’s been 5 weeks since last appt. 

Pleased you’ve had a better day than expected... hope it continues 🤞 

Your walks sound good ... its a few days since I’ve seen the sea.

hope tomorrow is good

J xx

Clare

great you got away with your mam...and enjoying your food a bonus... in spite of sore mouth.

Worry gremlins ... they pop up just when you don’t want them to. I would choose vomiting over crashing psychologically post steroids ... docs will have different meds to try and negate nausea/vomiting. Sounds like a good plan to ask not to have steroids.Fingers crossed for Tuesday.

Crop tops do tend to roll up a bit but good you’ve found something. There is extra outlay to attend appointments plus everything else. I’ve not bought any more bras although I’ve been tempted to look. Asda post op bras went back. I’ve delayed op for a week to think about implant vs being flat ... although I wasn’t keen it’s the only other option I would be happy to try as it can be reversed and it’s the simplest apart from mx. Do you think you will have bilateral mx? 

Like Kip you’ll have had soaring temps

We resorted to the electric fan over the past couple of days... forgot we had one

Jxx

Feenix sounds like you had a good appointment with oncologist today 😊, great news low oncotype and low risk of needing rads - all good. Postponing op until next week sounds a good plan - keep us posted what you decide. Hope you are feeling a little less stressed today.
Today not at all what I expected - chemo yesterday, after 3 Fec it was 1st docetaxel- the side effects are a little more brutal. But today has surprised me😊no swimmy head, no bone pain😊managed 2 walks to foreshore to see the sea😊- tomorrow may be different by today good😊. Finished the dreaded large dose of steroids so fingers crossed no horrid down time.
Take care, big hugs Jem 💕🤗