Re: Surgery May 2018

Sorry Michelle ... I didn’t look at date. 

Sorry both you and Kip are having emotional day

hugs xx

Michelle ... hope today hasn’t been as bad as yesterday. Steroids have a lot to answer for.

My surgeon is canny but I’m sure she’d just like me to get on with things...I’m sure she’d be happy if I go down the recon road. Anyway I gave her an easier day today ... it would help ease her in after her hols Smiley LOL  

Hugs xx

Kip

Michelle21, strange isn't it you the think the relief would be immense reachinb the end of chemo, i thought I'd feel the same reaching half way but I've been more emotional thinking what I've still got to do, i hjavent had and T yet just finished FEC so still got that joy!  At least we do know you get through it eventually.  What surgery are you having and how long do you have to wait post chemo?  Im havjng node clearance then rads then hopefully done and dusted and just regaining some normality and a bit of hair !

Highlighted

Thanks Kip, feeling low and still teary, I am just hoping I will feel more like myself again tomorrow. Its so horrible feeling this emotional.
I’m not sure I have felt the relief of finishing chemo yet. I’m worried that by saying I’m done it’s going to make me get an infection. As my daughter would say I don’t want to jinx it. I think once a get to day 14 I will relax a bit more although then it is on to surgery. I want it all to be over and done with but I don’t want to go through it all. I suppose we all think that though. Have you just had your first T? I hope it goes ok for you x
Kip

Hi Michelle, thanks for the post, all inforamtion regarding T welcomed, not sure what to expect but am expecting down times, just have to battle on... well done for reaching the end that must be a relief!  Hope the tears dry up soon and you get your mojo back!  Kip

Jean I am pleased you had such a good conversation with your surgeon, she sounds as though she really wants what is best for you which is great to hear. I hope my surgeon is as good. X
CDC and Kip I’ve been following your steroids conversation with interest. I’ve had my last chemo now but yes I’ve struggled with the steroids on T. I don’t have as many as you Kip, I take 8 a day for 3 days and that’s it, but that’s more than enough! I spent last night crying into my pillow because my OH was 15 mins late home! Of course it turned into I just want this all to be over crying. I’m expecting to be low today too, we’ll see. I know with FEC steroids are given as anti sickness but I’m sure my ONC said they are given for a different reason in T but Having the memory of a goldfish I can’t remember what.
The steroids also irritate my oseophagus causing reflux and making it very uncomfortable to swallow,
Sorry not a very positive post but thought I would just tell you about my experience, I hope you both cope ok xx

Hi Jem... saw surgeon and went over things, again, which was helpful ... it’s been 5 weeks since last appt. 

Pleased you’ve had a better day than expected... hope it continues 🤞 

Your walks sound good ... its a few days since I’ve seen the sea.

hope tomorrow is good

J xx

Clare

great you got away with your mam...and enjoying your food a bonus... in spite of sore mouth.

Worry gremlins ... they pop up just when you don’t want them to. I would choose vomiting over crashing psychologically post steroids ... docs will have different meds to try and negate nausea/vomiting. Sounds like a good plan to ask not to have steroids.Fingers crossed for Tuesday.

Crop tops do tend to roll up a bit but good you’ve found something. There is extra outlay to attend appointments plus everything else. I’ve not bought any more bras although I’ve been tempted to look. Asda post op bras went back. I’ve delayed op for a week to think about implant vs being flat ... although I wasn’t keen it’s the only other option I would be happy to try as it can be reversed and it’s the simplest apart from mx. Do you think you will have bilateral mx? 

Like Kip you’ll have had soaring temps

We resorted to the electric fan over the past couple of days... forgot we had one

Jxx

Feenix sounds like you had a good appointment with oncologist today 😊, great news low oncotype and low risk of needing rads - all good. Postponing op until next week sounds a good plan - keep us posted what you decide. Hope you are feeling a little less stressed today.
Today not at all what I expected - chemo yesterday, after 3 Fec it was 1st docetaxel- the side effects are a little more brutal. But today has surprised me😊no swimmy head, no bone pain😊managed 2 walks to foreshore to see the sea😊- tomorrow may be different by today good😊. Finished the dreaded large dose of steroids so fingers crossed no horrid down time.
Take care, big hugs Jem 💕🤗

Hi Kip

How are your se’s? Sorry you were feeling so stressed before your chemo .. plus being hormonal on top of that obviously won’t help.

It must be hard having to change onto something new and try and be prepared for different se’s, different regime. I really hope work kick starts your positivity. You’ve got through so much but I know you’ve got decisions to make again after chemo. 

No chemo, oncdx not indicated as beneficial and low prediction for rads after last excision. HER2 neg. ER 8/8. I was originally for wle, rads and hormone tablets. I had an 8 mm idc near nipple... I’ve dcis which didn’t show up on any scans/mammo/MRI but was still evident on second excision hence for mx as dcis unpredictable. 

Sending a big hug

Jxx

Kip

That sounds like a great idea and so glad your surgeon was so helpful, at least you have some great food for thought.    So low prediction for rads does that mean no chemo?  Sorry if you've already told me what's next .. Chemo brain is fully operational.  

Quick update... got to see surgeon as she’s back from hols. I’ve been up and down about recon or not so she went over ie histology results, the whys and wherefores and about how I was feeling. I’m not considering flap ops but, as I’m uncertain about going flat I’m considering implant as it’s the simplest...went through it all, with diagrams and a couple of pics. Having mx, unless having temp implant, would lose skin and recon later more protracted unless having flap. I’m low prediction for rads. If I didn’t gel with implant I could have it removed. So instead of flat and if didn’t like it then recon I’m prob going recon and if I didn’t like it go flat !!!!

I was told it’s better to take my time... deferred op TIL next week.

gotta get back to hob

will catch up later

xx

Kip

Hi Cdc glad you are well apart from sore mouth.  Its weird I thought k would be feeling chipper as half way through chemo but actually don't, was quite stressed pre chemo and a biit emotional still, having my period probably adding to hormonal feeling.  Having trouble getting my positivity back but going back to work tomorrow so hoping normality helps.  Seems like a good plan to try to lose the steroids if u can, i believe Emend is the anti sickness to ask for it u don't have it already.  You get so many more steroids on Taxol regime, mine are glaring at me every time j open my bedside drawer ... 8 a day for 3 days pre and post chemo then 4 a day for 3 days then none so a big a lump after that lot.  My nurse did say if I don't feel too sick and have a big downer they will adjust them next time so I come off them slower... worth considering.  I can't remember if you are having T next?  But worth sorting if you are.  

Take care ladies and if you are forum surfing Feenix sending big hugs for tomorrow xxx Kip 

Hi Jean
I was just thinking of you and like Kip, wondering when you’ll have the next surgery. Totally understandable to feel emotional. Got everything crossed that surgery goes well and you get the best possible outcome. I managed to get away with my Mum overnight to a little town called Godalming, in Surrey. It’s so pretty and we had a great Italian meal at a family run restaurant. It’s great to have an appetite. Got a sore mouth again and I’m a little fatigued but apart from that I’m feeling pretty good. Desperately trying to keep those pesky worry gremlins at bay. Don’t want to spoil a good week thinking about chemo next Tuesday!! I’m going to say I don’t want to take any steroids at all because of the terrible psychological effect coming off them has on me. I’ve had depression in the past and there is NO WAY I’m going back there again!! I do know it means I’ll probably feel more nauseous and will start vomiting again but hoping the oncologist has some different medication up her sleeve that might help and I know these particuoarcSEs wear off by the following week.

On a positive note I managed to find a sort of crop top bra at M&Co. it’s not perfect, underneath seems to roll up a little because there’s no wire but at least I’ve got an alternative to the post-surgery bras. Will keep hinting for the perfect one tho’.. Don’t want to spend too much as I’ll only need something else after my mastectomy later this year. I’m finding having BC expensive at times (travelling to hospital, scarves, appropriate underwear!!) but I’m not eligible for any benefits or charity help unfortunately.

I am thinking of you and sending hugs to you and all the other wonderful ladies I’ve met on here. Take care and all my very best wishes for your surgery and recovery. Xxx
Kip

Thinking  of you feenix  xxx 

I am with you on the fear of the unknown Jean. I’m sure I will be the same when my surgery gets closer. A few cuts and grazes but all ok after my drain accident. I was most worried about infection.
This cycle has knocked me for 6, although I have still managed my walks aside from that I seem to have spent 3 days and nights asleep! Coming out of it now though so hopefully can start to feel ‘normal’ again soon. X

Michelle ... call it pre treatment jitters. Would be the same before starting chemo..anything that’s “unknown” and new, different. I call it the cr@p factor Smiley Sad 

How are you after your drain escapade ... no lasting damage I hope.

Hope your se’s are minimal ... onto surgery next ... things are moving along.

Xx

Jean so sorry to hear you’ve been feeling emotional, it is so difficult having to deal with all of this and impossible to stay upbeat all of the time. In a couple of days you will be coming out the other side, a bit closer to being able to move on. All the best for the surgery xx

Clare...cdc... how are you doing? It’ll be your 3rd cycle in a week. Hope your se’s are ok and perhaps you’ve managed a trip to your mams again.... school holidays permitting.... I’m sure all schools will be out now. It’s amazing how quiet the roads are around here. Feels as though lots of folks are away... or perhaps they’re keeping out of the heat at this time of the day.

jean xx

I hate the up and down of things Kip but they are part and parcel of “this”. I remember that you, Sally, ktk and everyone else have been here before and made it through. Youre still going through the other cr@p now and still you’re all so supportive. You’re all bloody Fab

heres hoping there’s a bit of rain on the horizon sometime soon

hugs xx

Jean