ktk

Re: Surgery May 2018

Kip so pleased to hear from you. It is amazing how you are able to go home so soon. Take it easy now. Big gentle hugs. Kx
Highlighted

One other thing - blue boob. Still there and 5 weeks on my surgeon said with some it fades and disappears others it there for life. Have a feeling mine is the latter. But now have four black tattoo dots ready for rads to go with the blue so it’s dot to dot and finish at the blue dot πŸ˜‚

Hi kip. Just jumped in from April surgery and being nosey as us ladies do. Glad surgery went well and yes I agree nothing as bad as was expecting. Excersise are really important so keep doing them. I am still doing mine 3/4 times a day and I am 5 weeks post op and waiting g to start rads in June so a few weeks of feeling normalish. By week 3 I could do as much with my left arm as I could my right however I didn’t have a mastectomy but lumpectomy and snb. All fully healed and clean albeit boob is still tender and healing still. Well done and just rest and do the excercise.

That is Brilliant Kip! Gentle hugs to you ...
Thank you so much for the early update, you don’t know how much you have helped this jittering idiot πŸ˜‰ Nuking was as straightforward as everyone said, so, taking it a day at a time I plan to do as well as you tomorrow. oxo
Kip

Oh and no blueness .... As yet

Kip

Hi ladies, I'm done and home hooray.  Feel really good, no pain yet.  

Bridget, as everyone said it's not as bad as you think, although I was a wreck before hand.  Went to surgery at about .8.45 woke up at .12 and home at 3.15.  can't believe I feel so well, one drain but doesn't hurt at mo.  Dressing is justj one long plaster nothing drastic.  Had a look to make sure they had taken right one off.  Sentinel node taken and 2 more as close byR.  Results31st may.  Now just need to concentrate on those excercises.  Sending special hugs to you Bridget, hope nuclear was ok.

Good luck today Kip xx
Yes ktk - yesterday was a lovely day. My Mum came down Monday to help out this week and we spent some of yesterday afternoon in my garden. Today is also looking overcast here.... But hopefully it will stay dry. Not too much housework for you though..... Make sure you rest up too.
We all need to keep ourselves strong πŸ’ͺ and look after ourselves.
It's funny how this whole experience changes perceptives etc etc. I have always been someone who always puts others first, always checking everyone Ok and trying to make everyone else happy. Now....... well, although I do feel a bit selfish at times, I am doing what I want and need to do for me. It all just feels very odd.....
Pleased to hear cdc you are home and recovering well.
Take lots of care all xx
ktk

Good to hear from you Jazza. Hope you have been resting up and enjoying the good weather. District nurse is coming in today to check my dressings. They are a bit itchy now! Looks like it’s a bit overcast so I might have to do some housework rather than sit in the garden reading!!!

Good luck Kip! Wishing you all the best for today ❀️

Hi all.
Just checking in to wish all those having surgery this week lots of luck.
I am recovering Ok. I have quite good movement but have been very tired and keep napping. Ktk - you were right....the drain removal was not as bad as I feared. Off to Gp tomorrow for a dressing and wound check.
Sounds like all those who have already had surgery are recovering well. Is anyone worried/concerned about what it looks like under the dressings. I am a bit scared.... I know I can use vitamin e cream to minimalise the scarring but I am a bit worried about how it all looks now.
Anyway.....keep strong ladies xx

Best of luck with the surgery Kip.  Will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending positive vibes and gentle hugs.  xxx

Thanks ktk I can see so little of anything at the mo as it’s all under wraps! Will be interesting to see what awaits when the tape etc is taken off during my results/follow up appointment. I’m also going to steer clear of deodorant for a bit as I had sentinel nodes removed on both sides.
ktk

Good luck tomorrow Kip. We will all be thinking of you. Big hugs xx
ktk

CDC it is just a blue spot by the nipple, not the whole boob!! I can’t put deodorant under the arm that has had the lymph nodes removed, but the other is ok. I use a stick. I wouldn’t want to use a spray. X
ktk

Hi Bridget, I have had therapeutic mammoplasty, basically a boob job! I was offered this as an alternative to mastectomy as I had quite big boobs. Have gone from an E to a C. Xx

Glad it went well Kip. I wonder if it turns the under arm/ chest area blue too? Has anyone been told not to wear deodorant? If so for how long?? Never think of these things when my medical team ask if I have any questions!
Kip

I think we escape the blue boob just get the blue toilet business instead.  Who knows, hopefully I'll let you know tomorrow! Was a nice rest for 20 mins, make the most of it!

Thank you all for the positive feedback, I have one less thing to worry about now! 😊
Well done Kip, the idea of a 20 minute rest has its appeal πŸ˜‰
I am left pondering... how can a boob be blue if it has been lopped off? πŸ˜‚
Kip

Well the nuclear jab was really easy, just a little scratch no worse than a blood test then into another room to lay under a scanner.  No tunnel or anything and no noises like mri.  About 20 mins of laying still and off home, don't even have to undress.  The simplest part so far.

Blue boobs - another interesting thing to contend with on this BC journey!!