cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surgery December 2018

Re: Surgery December 2018

Morning Beckett , we're all different , I looked on my first return appointment once the nurse removed my dressings wasn't bad but I only looked down at it ! next time I asked and she stood me Infront of a mirror it looked very different but I was very brave and on both occasions showed my hubby & Mam & sister so they could keep an eye on it ( sister was a nurse) it was alittle bruised looked 100x different but my head coped my my surgeon was very neat once scare healed I started using bio oil , I put my drains in my dressings grown pockets also had a special bag and slept on my hubby's side of our bed with a V pillow , I was also asked to mark the drains each day for two weeks but on each visit nurse change the vessel , I body wased in the bath but never removed my bra bodice but getting out was difficult and my knees ended up hurting haha took my mind of my boobie for awhile , I've read T & Chemo by Jackie Buxton ,I found it fantastic & uplifting , I used my strong Meds at bed time & during the night , I didn't and still don't sleep well more due to discomfort than pain although my arm feels strange in parts , sending love & hugs , I'm waiting for my postman ( chemo letter ) xx

@Beckett I am so glad you are home and healing. You'll know when you are ready to look.

I got several breakfasts in bed -- I think you have kids, so this may be slightly less practical for you, but it's a nice little post-op luxury...

Hi all,
Home yesterday. All done. 2 drains in. Feeling ok. Not as bad as I thought pain wise but cannot look at it yet.
Family all looking after me. The only way is up from here!
Here's to a better year for us all xx

So pleased its gone so well for you!  Have a good nights sleep and Happy New Year!! x

Great news Mags v hope you have a fabulous night sleep xx Melanie

Glad it went well Magsv.x

@Magsv Hurrah! Just what you wanted. Happy New Year! 🎉🎉🎉

Thanks for all the good luck messages.

Home! No drains and felt great when woke up - what a change from last 2 times! Anaesthetist reckoned it was pain killers during op causing sickness so used a local 'block' thing or something. It worked 👍😊. Hospital phoned district nurse to drop in tomorrow to remove padding and just leave waterproof dressing underneath, and for another visit on Thursday. NHS is marvellous 😍.

Hope you got on Ok too Beckett. xx

Happy New year all - so grateful for all the advice and support 🥂xx

Good luck Crochet addict I have everything crossed for you. Stay strong and keep your chin up xx Melanie 

@MrsG1962 Argh -- it seems the drains will be with you til the new year then. Sending lots of 💕 and my best voodoo spell to get your daily output down and your tubes out anon.

@crochet addict Good luck to you tomorrow, too. I hope you get good news.

Maggs and Beckitt will be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you both have a speedy recovery xx 

Essex girl great news your recovering well xx

MrsG1962 hoping your drains are out very soon xx

I get my op results in the morning, fingers and everything else crossed they got the margins x

Thank you all for your support and for all to have a happy and healthy new year xxxx

Good luck for tomorrow ladies x

Magsv good luck tomorrow.x

Mags v and Beckett just wanted to let you both know I’m thinking of you both as you prepare for tomorrow, here’s to a swift recovery for both of you and a much better 2019 for all of us. Stay strong ladies xx Melanie ( p.s. day 23 and still got my drains in, I’m sure they are now a permanent fixture 😂😂😂 ) 

Hi all, just popped in to send good wishes to Magsv and Beckett, wishing you both a speedy recovery, and to say many thanks for the kind wishes and support I have had over the last few weeks.  I am still sore, still sad, but very relieved that I don't have to have more surgery.  Onwards and Upwards ladies!!!  XXXXX

@Magsv Fingers crossed that you are in good shape for tomorrow. And @Magsv and @Beckett Here's to swift, nimble, and precise surgeon's hands -- and a swifter still recovery! 💕

Thanks for the advice Feenix and Reddi 👍Think I'm all set now for tomorrow. Only worry is that I've now caught the cold the grandchildren brought with them during their Christmas stay 👎😷. Praying it doesn't get any worse and interfere with tomorrow's op 1🤞😳
Great news 're results essexgirly2! xx

Fantastic news! Thrilled for you essexgirly2 xx

Yay! Brilliant news.
B x