Re: Seroma after a month??

Hello. I've had a seroma since my mx 5 wks ago. I didn't have reconstruct and the seroma is in the area of the mx. It's huge, hard and uncomfortable but no pain. Because of it's size I've had it drained 4 times, every 7-10 days and each time the seroma has filled up again and I was warned this would happen . The last drain was on 12th Jan and has started to build up but not as big as before so fingers crossed! I was told of the risk of infection but because the seroma was big the consultant and nurse agreed to the drains. I'm hoping it doesn't get any bigger this time as I'd rather leave it alone.

Thanks Jay - its not red at all just hot to touch ice packs are helping a lot though - according to the breast care nurse this morning its just quite normal fluid build up by the looks - they don't want to drain as it could cause more damage with infection. 

Shocked - is the swelling red as well as hot to touch?  If I were you I might get to A&E to have it checked - it could be an infection? 

Seroma after a month??

I have had a small swelling in my cleavage since my MX in December but its not really been too bad until yesterday - we are renovating a house and I was painting most of the weekend - now kicking myself as I have a larrge sweeling where the small swelling was and it goes right under my newly construted breast its really hot to touch and I keep applying ice - the scar where they took the SNB is also on fire. Will ring the breast care nurse but can seroma appear worse after a month?? I have been a bit of a fool doing too much over the weekend.