cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SURGERY SEPTEMBER 2018

Re: SURGERY SEPTEMBER 2018

You did well
I would have had to say do you have my results yet
I’m glad I have am appointment on Tuesday normally mine are always late afternoon
Hope your all doing as well as can be xx

Yes everyone they were just running late. Consultant said he’d admit me if I wanted. I told him I was off to Worcester and he was fine with that, as I’m not feeling sick. No temperature so I’m back in for my results Tuesday and he’ll admit me the. If I want to. I have antibiotics and I can ring or go to the local Hosp if I feel ill xxx

Good luck Alex, I’m sure they’re just running late 😘. Thinking of you Maggiemay xx

KateDay yes the D day is nearly here. I’m actually in the breast clinic now, as I’m waiting for the nurses to check me out. Now having paranoia at they’re late and they’re not usually late. Have they got my
Results? Are they waiting for my consultant to appear? I hope not because I’m not with anyone! Oh there I go again thoughts racing!!!!

All the luck in the world Maggie. At least you’lol know the next step today! Xxx

Good luck for today Maggie
The waiting is horrendous xx

Hi Ladies,

I’ve got my results tomorrow and so anxious about it. Not only am waiting to find out I have clear margins but i’ll also find out if I had cancer in my right breast - I got an MRI to establish the size of my lump in my left breast as it was reporting at 2 different sizes but the MRI also detected an abnormality in my right breast. I had a wire guided biopsy the same time as surgery and it was taken out - i’ll find out if it was cancer. Also i’ll get told if I need Chemo. I’ve been so upset and emotional today.

I have been recovering really well in the past 2 weeks - I’m walking at least 3-4 miles a day. This has helped me no end. Sitting in plays havoc with my anxiety.

Good luck to everyone awaiting results!

Lots of hugs and support
Maggie
Xxxxxx

I also go back next Tuesday , the fear of the unknown
The wait is nearly over though it has felt a long few weeks longer for you xela with having the infection too
Repunzal your doing amazing I was knocked of my feet for few days
Every time I tried to do things I just went weak jelly legs I was calling them
X

Hi all

Alex I do hope your infection has gone now, that must have been horrible :-(. You seem very positive despite it all.

Rapunzel, take it easy, you need to put your feet up!

Good luck Willowherb and Alex with your results, fingers crossed for you.

Jacq, hope you are starting to improve.

I’m 4 weeks post LD Flap now and struggling with the under arm stuff. It feels like someone is pinching me where the armpit joins the breast and they’ve got flipping sharp nails. Then there’s the tickling under the arm and the feeling of chafing that must be coming from inside. It’s driving me nuts :-(

Let’s hope it all passes soon.

Love to you all xx

Willowherb exactly how I’m feeling. My results are next Tuesday and my mind constantly plays my consultant telling me it’s all gone, to the next load of scenarios, it just doesn’t stop does it? Best of luck and we’re all here to support you xxx

Repunzel sounds like everything went really well. It’s only Wednesday so don’t be too hard on yourself. You’re doing great, getting out for small walks. I’m overdoing it at 3 weeks and my body certainly lets me know the next day. Keep letting us know about your progress. I unfortunately had an infection so been put back a bit. The worse thing is you can do so much damage if you do over push. So keep safe and let everyone else spoil you! Xxxx

Hello everyone,

I had my surgery this Monday. It (lumpectomy/sentinel node biopsy) went well - as far as I can tell. My bp was quite high beforehand (due to anxiety), and I felt a little sick afterwards (I'm putting it down to some extra morphine I got after the general anaesthesia but it might also have been a delayed reaction to the latter).

Yesterday I felt very tired most of the day, today is a little better - but I'm still under the weather. I just went out for a very brief walk which felt good but my legs are still surprisingly weak. I guess my body is just forcing me to rest for as long as I need to. I'm also realizing how vulnerable all this has made/makes me feel.

Wishing you all much strength and a good recovery from surgery,

Rapunzel xxx

Results coming up this week. Can feel the nerves starting up again and the disturbed nights are setting in again.

Was so happy to think it was all gone, maybe it is, but the what if's are coming back with a vengeance!

Fingers crossed and hugs that it's straightforward news for those who are also waiting on results.

Hi KateDay, nice to hear you’re getting on well. Yep hopefully that’s what those pains are, nerves. I get them too xx

So how is everyone getting on
And can finally say one week and I return for my results it has felt like a year
Had a lot of stinging pains or kind of stabbing pains in both under arm and breast last two days , hoping it’s just the nerves xx

JacqB you do make me smile. Love the extra shot if Canestan. Don’t you just love that chalky pessary with that plastic straw thing!! Can you imagine giving that to a man and saying guess what that is?!!!! 🤣. Glad you got out to Tesco’s. I’ve been doing too much and my arm pit and chest are telling me off now. All my love and to everyone. Take care xx Alexxx

Infected seroma! Ouch! It’s so painful. Another course of antibiotics with a canesten chaser. I think my gut biome is well and truly shot! On the bright side, I’ve got out of the Tesco shop again 😉
Hope you are all feeling ok and enjoying the lovely October sunshine.
Jacq x

Hi everyone. Hope you’re recovering well or preparing yourselves for surgery.

Just been back to my consultant as he’s keeping a close eye on me ref. My infection. It has gone down quite a bit but he is also thinking that it could be a reaction to the mesh that was placed around my implant. Though he is being cautious and placing me on another 5 day course and seeing me on Friday. Just relieved again he didn’t admit me and put me on a drip. Also very reassured he is ensuring that I’m seen regularly by him and he’s happy with my progress.

Still a bit sore but I think I’ve been walking too much too quickly. Just been told off by sister as I’m crashing out in the afternoon. Never have I been told off, for doing too much exercise! 😳🤷‍♀️😂

Hi All.
At last my infection looks like it’s on it’s way out. Thank goodness I don’t have to go in hospital,
to be put on a drip. Hope everyone is doing great. Xxx Alex xxx

Hi Lootz, good to hear from you. So glad it went well, despite the overnight stay. Although I did make it home on Monday, I got told yesterday at clinic that I did really well to do that and that plenty of ladies don't.
I have also been out today for a lovely gentle walk and can totally relate your comment, I had similar thoughts about the joy of being alive.
Take it easy, we'll get there slowly.
Hugs x

Hi Everyone

Had my surgery on Monday and a bad reaction to the morphine and a huge panic attack, meant  I was kept in overnight for observation.

The relief when I was discharged Tuesday morning was quite overwhelming, never have I been so glad to be home and in my own bed!
I was a little surprised to be sent home with just my discharge letter, no pain medication. But tbh I haven't had any pain (as yet) just a little discomfort as the bruises start to show.

I started my exercises yesterday and couldn't believe how hard they were! Today I have found them much easier and have so much more movement. I am conscious that I am 'carrying' my left side as the bruising under my arm is causing some discomfort now. But I'm trying to be 'normal' even went out today, was lovely to have a gentle walk in the sun. Makes you realise how precious life really is.

My support network have been fabulous and I have cards and flowers and chocolates and dragonflies (my spirit insect!) Can't thank everyone enough for all their love and support.

Wishing all the ladies recovering from surgery all the very best for the future, you are all amazing, don't ever give up xxx