cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SURGERY SEPTEMBER 2018

Re: SURGERY SEPTEMBER 2018

KateDay. What’s the next step for you? Xxx

KateDay they got it!! Please look positive on that. I felt guilty about my news. We’re all here to love and support and I’m not forgetting anyone on here xxxx

Hi all
Well a mixture of news for me , they got it all
Not so great news triple negative grade 3
Good luck all with upcoming results xx

Oh, Alex, I am SO SO SO pleased for you - thats such briliant news.👍.

How's the infection?

Whats the next stage for you - meds?

Hope Kate gets similar news.

Hope I get similar news tomorrow (results appointment at 2.30 tomorrow).

Well done to you.💖

Now its all about recovering for you - fabulous. 

Lots of love

Helen

xxx

It’s gone it’s all gone! They got the **bleep**. I will always hate it because it got my breast and nipple.

It has gone from a grade 2 from biopsy to a grade 1 from the biopsy they took in Theatre. So it was even less aggressive than I thought it would be.

I hope everyone kicks this cancers arse xxxx

Good evening
And thank you , I have been so busy today so my mind has been occupied , the sleepless nights returned few nights ago
And I will prey our outcomes are good ones
I have waited a long four weeks as other than it being IDC and PR and ER negative I know nothing else
Slightly increased nerves as I’m worried I might end up being triple negative
But I must remain calm and remember we’re warriors fighting along our paths xx

Thanks Helenann. Im going to be climbing the walls in that waiting room tomorrow. So I hope they’re quick.

KateDay, I hope we both get the best news tomorrow and we can both 🎉 celebrate.

Same as Helenann, I hope I haven’t missed anyone else. But if you don’t mind i’ll say a prayer for everyone who is getting their results.

Love to all xxx

Alex - good luck for tomorrow for your results - hope they get that infection under control as well.🍀

Kateday - good luck for your results tomorrow.🍀

...and anyone else that I've missed - if you're getting results tomorrow hope all goes well.

Sending love and hugs,

Helen

xxx

Oh well can’t admit me until tomorrow. Tomorrow’s big results day too! He’s said he’d admit me a few times and the time I decide to go in, he’s got a full Theatre list and no beds!!

Hello Kateday,

I only read this now - that's exactly what I call them 'jelly legs'. They're getting better but are still far away from 'normal'. I'm just taking it into my stride now and do as much as I can. 

Got my results appointment on Wednesday, and the anxiety monster has been rearing its head again ever since the letter arrived. From this forum I know that most of us are familiar with that response. Oh well, it is as it is, anway. Just have to wait and see.

All the best for you (and everyone else who happens to read this),

Rapunzel xxx

Hi Xela
Sorry you are suffering with an infection, it drives me mad that we get great care Monday to Friday but if we need help at the weekend it’s via a&e. You must be so frustrated. I hope you get some rest tonight and please let us know how you get on tomorrow.
Jacq x

JacqB so pleased about your results!

These forums are a sanity saving safe area. When people are happy for you, you know they genuinely feel your relief.

Unfortunately for me I know I’ll be admitted tomorrow. My swelling and infection is not
Going down. Rang my ward, which my consultant said to do, if it gets any worse. The nurse said she couldn’t admit me and could I wait until tomorrow.
I told her that my consultant said to ring the ward and they’ll admit me. She said no, they have to go through the process and go to A&E. That means a trip to a Completely different hospital. So that hospital will be dealing with every man and his wife,
In East Yorkshire. They will have to get hold of a breast doctor. If it needs draining they would have to get an ultrasound as I have an implant. How long is all the above going to take??? No thanks, i’ll ring my breast clinic at 8am in the morning. Then I couldn’t get the BN off the phone because all she could do was go on about ‘I’ve told you to go to
A&E’ aka covering my arse. She even stated that bascically my consultant didn’t know what he was talking about and you have to go through the process. Mmmm don’t he’d be happy about that!

Thank you Michelle 😊

Really pleased for you JacqB about your results x

a question about re-excision for you all..

I have (see below) got to have this done, but my BS said some ladies won't do it as the stress of waiting for round 2 results  is too much and go straight for mastectomy.

Anyone here had it done?  I am not sure I could do it a 3rd time and might choose the mx if it's not clear margins this time

I am just (at 5am when I can't sleep) wondering if I have made the righht choice this time

Hi 👋
Just caught up with everyone’s updates. It seems we are all facing very different outcomes and results but all soldiering on. I don’t know about you all but I’m finding this forum to be an absolute sanity saviour, so thank you all for posting. I’ve forgotten if I posted my surgery results earlier but I had clear margins and micrometastes in 5/9 lymph nodes. Because of this I was booked for a CT scan so spent 10 days chewing my nails in trepidation. I was convinced that my scan would light up like a Christmas tree with secondaries. My wonderful BCN called me on Thursday completely out of the blue to let me know that the scan was clear. If I wasn’t in so much pain from the seroma I would have done cartwheels! Such a relief 😊 I have an oncology appointment on Tuesday to plan four more rounds of chemo, which I’m dreading, but just want to get on with now. The seroma has been horrible. I’m on antibiotics and they tried to aspirate it but could only draw 75mls. It’s huge, red, painful and really making me miserable, but hey! It’s taken my mind off my square boob 🙁 That’s called looking on the bright side, I think they’ve turned the lights off over there but they will surely be back on soon.
Apologies but my mind is too befuddled to write responses to everyone, I would muck it up or forget someone and that would be bad, so I just want to send love and hugs to you all. Onwards and upwards ladies. It’s the only way! 💪💕

Hi All
Hope everyone is doing well. Willow - that's fantastic, JacqB - hope you're feeling better now. Good luck to those getting results soon.

Well, I have my results. One node affected, waiting on test results for chemo, being invited to participate in POSNOC trial.

Still plenty more r&r needed before any of this will happen.

Chocxie

I was going to be brave and go by myself on Tuesday
All though I’m not really sure what to expect , maybe it’s best I don’t x

Well results are in...

No nodes - Good!!

Re-exision in a couple of weeks - not so good

KateDay, I couldn’t as I had no-one with me. I
had no-one with me, when they first told me I had cancer because I was so sure, I didn’t have it and it was scar tissue from my previous ops. My partners taken the day off on Tuesday, so we can be together for hopefully the good news. Xx