cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SURGERY SEPTEMBER 2018

Re: SURGERY SEPTEMBER 2018

Oh Helenann that’s brilliant news. Such a relief for you. Sort of the same as me, the just I’m on Tamoxifen and I’m having reconstruction on the good boob because there is a difference in volume.

Feeling doubly guilty as he two ladies I met haven’t had as good results as me. The one lady I’ve been talking to constantly, said she’s devastated. I’m
Just waiting to hear exactly what’s going on but I’m so sad for her 😢. But I’m going to support her.

I’m still in hospital and noticing that the new breast is getting smaller so I’m better symmetry. So the antibiotics must be working. Still a little red in areas but so far so good! Hopefully out tomorrow xx

Hi Ladies - all really good news for me. The cancer was as expected and hadn't spread anywhere - so no chemo and as I've had a mastectomy no need for rads either.👍

Am on Letrozole for the next 5 years and calcium tablets - as one of the SE's of Letrozole is it messes with your bones. Having a bone scan so they keep an eye on the effect the Letrozole has on me.

Surgeon even started filling my inflator today as it was 'nice and soft'. Weekly appointments to have it filled gradually - it's starting to look good already - put's my 'good' one to shame🤣 - but i've been told they will see about balancing them at some stage in the future.

Been one hell-of-a 3 months to get to this point - but I made it - with the fantastic help and support from this forum - so a great big THANKYOU to you all.💐

Love

Helen

xxx

Hi Choxie it is an emotional rollercoaster we are on. I hope a walk has made you feel better. I had a lumpectomy and full lymph clearance in August and my movement in my arm is practically the same as it was before. I found swimming to be an amazing help. It completely released the tightness that I felt. I also did the exercises twice a day.
I hope that is of some help xx

Hi Chocxie and all the ladies,

Mine went down from 2 and a bit tumours. The bit was growing off another one . A grade 2 to grade 1, which I was quite surprised, as if anything, I thought they’d end up a grade 3. They found traces in one node but decided they were just cells and nothing to worry about.

What’s happening in my area, they’re coming to the descion that we’ve been over treating for far too long. Some could say it’s a money saving exercise. But I do believe that they’re getting results and even though there are cells the chances of you getting cancer again are the same as if they removed them and gave chemo. Or e.g you’d get 2% chance of it coming back if you have chemo and a 3% chance of it coming back if you don’t.

I’m quite happy for now trying Tamoxifen because everything that’s gone wrong with me in the past is has always been hormone related. Couldn’t take the pill, underactive thyroid - which levels all the hormones in the body and now Hormone related breast cancer. I also used to have 34 J/K breasts. I also think, but not scientific proved that I know of, was because I over produced hormones,
My breast were massive. I did have a blood test years ago and they did say my progesterone was slightly raised but nothing to worry about.

I was ready to question my consultant, If offered chemo, the % rate of survival increase, if i was to have chemo. I forgot but you’ve now reminded, to ask him about the Tamoxifen survival rate % increase. Though I think I will give it a go before I ask. If it doesn’t suite me then that’s something to look at later xxx

currently lopsided, but expecting biopsy from other breast to show cancer (get results tomorrow) so will go for a mastectomy that side too, to go along with the ANC from the original side.

Can't be bothered with implants or reconstruction, going to have moobs :-)

Hi All
Good to see that we're all receiving results and at least know what the next steps will be.
Alex, I hope the antibiotics are working and you'll soon be home. Helenann, I hope today is a good day for you too.

I'm feeling a bit mixed up at the mo, to be honest. Although the results I have were good, smaller than expected and only traces in single node, I'm still definitely on the waiting and deciding wagon.
Oncotype DX being done to decide about chemo and, on top of that, the decision about whether or not to join the trial so won't know where I am for a few more weeks.

My wound and armpit are stinging a lot today. Any suggestions on how to reduce this? I'm being a good girl and doing my exercises and these do help. I know it's just nerve pain, just hoping it doesn't continue much longer.
Anyhoo, sun shining, so I think I'll go for a little walk - that should cheer me up 😊
Catch you later x

Helenann keeping everything crossed for you today. Sending my good results vibes to you xx

Results day for me tomorrow - can feel the anxiety building up.

I keep saying to myself that surely I'm due a 'break' in this cancer mullarkey - EVERY Wednesday results day for me so far has been bad news - so hoping to break the cycle tomorrow and get some good news for a change.🤞🤞🤞

🤣🤣🤣🤣. Oh well at least mine are a bit more Ant n Dec! 🤣🤣🤣

Hi Xela
I have to own up, I stole Casa NHS from the June thread. I think we all ended up there at some point and someone came up with it. it made me smile 😊

You shouldn’t feel guilty about wanting a matching pair, If we have two boobs they should be twins or at least sisters. I’m definitely having work done next year as my girls are more Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito at the moment! 🤗

My wait was four weeks one day
Bloody waiting game
Hoping you feel better after IV Antibiotics xx

Pastasmissus. So are you lobsided too? I’m shattered, certainly slept better after my mastectomy. I’m currently in chaise Castle Hill Hospital for the next 48hrs on antibiotics because my implant is causing me pain and infection.

You’ve got a lot to go through.

I kid of feel guilty as I’m wanting reconstruction on the good breast but I’m 44 and still feel I’ve got a long way to go. But honestly I’m here and I will keep supporting you all 💖💖😘😘

JacqB you have such a brilliant sense of humour with all your ditos and now ‘Casa NHS’,😂😂😂you did make me chuckle.

Don’t forget their Michelin Starred Cuisine!

Again we’ll be here for you as well 🙏🏻👍🏻

KateDay I know the f-ing wait. I had to wait over 3wks and 4 days for this result. Also my consultant changed his surgery day to Monday and they messed up his clinic day. So he was double booked which put him an hour behind! On all days.
Well we’re all behind you KateDay and we’re staying here. Xx

Hi JaqB - thanks for the good luck message - fingers crossed.🤞

Hope your seroma is calming down a bit as well.

Sorry you're having to go through chemo.😕

Lots of Love

Helen

xxx

Almost 6 weeks since my original mastectomy and I am still shattered! Doing very little and often needing an afternoon nap. Can't believe how tired I am. And I'm sleeping fine and pain free. Expecting I will need another mastectomy along with the axillary node clearance I know I need, so more exhaustion, then the chemo and radio.....

@kateday
that’s a complete mixed bag of news for you, talk about a rollercoaster ride. We can go through chemo together as I had my results meeting this morning and I’m booked for more chemo from the 24th. We’ve got this! 💪💗
@xela
Sending healing hugs your way and hoping you are out of casa nhs very soon. Thrilled to hear your results were so good. 🤗
Good luck tomorrow Helenann I will be thinking of you. 🤞
Jacq x

Hi Kateday - so sorry you have to go through chemo - don't really know what else to say as I don't want to say the wrong thing while you're feeling so 'low'.

Just know we all send you love and will 'support' you as you go through these next steps.💖

Love

Helen

xxx

Hey Alex don’t feel bad , I was over joyed to read your news
Today was or is just a bad day for me woke early with that awful feeling
My next stop is chemo 8 cycles but again another wait I don’t even have appointment date all I got was if you haven’t had a letter in two weeks call us
O I love this waiting game
They will genetic test now xx

Thanks Helenann,

I’m currently back in hospital for 48 hrs. Antibiotics intravenously. It’s quite good here because we all get our own room. But then again you miss the chats with the girls.

It’s just Tamoxifen for me. Heard the bad and good sides of the drug. The BCN said if I have any trouble after about 4-5 weeks they will look at changing it. They didn’t give that option to my mother in law 20 yrs ago and she was climbing the walls with terrible side affects. She thought is was her only option. 3 years later they told her there’s others. So I’m glad they said straight away let us know. Xx