Alex - glad you're out of hospital - nothing like your own bed - hope that infection keeps clearing up. I'm in the same 'boat' as you - so glad I found the cancer early - mine wasn't even a lump - it was puckering and a 'shifting' nipple that alerted me. I was tempted to ignore it as i'd had a mammogram 18 months ago that was clear and i'd lost some weight - so was initially putting the 'changes' down to this - but we ladies know when somethings not quite right and there was a niggle in the back of my mind which made me take some action - SO glad I did. 💪
JacqB - fingers crossed you still make your haoliday in March - I had a hoilday booked in France for September and all my appointments/surgery etc were worked around my dates - so hopefully it will be the same for you. Nothing like getting away to the sun to lift your spirits. ✈
Kateday - you say they have a replacement for you in work - but from what i've noticed on this forum you're irreplaceable, so i'm sure once you've got through all this you'll be back at the helm.😘
Rapunzel - so sorry it's looks like you're going to need chemo - but you don't need me to tell you that it's for the best given your results - zap those cells and you'll be as good as new.Then just keep taking the tablets (which is where i'm at now).💊
Chocxie7 - You said on another thread how you know you're not ready to face going back to work yet - I think we had our surgery on the same date- 24th Sept(?) - there is NO way i'm anywhere near ready to even think of going back to work. I love my job - so don't want to prolong this - but my arm is still stiff, the area where I once had a breast is sore and tingling. I have no 'power' in my right arm (if I try to close the curtains I feel a real pull on the 'area' of the reconstruction - as though i'm going to dislodge the implant). I'm knackered - can't get out of bed before 10.00am (not like me at all - i'd always be up by 8.00m even on the days I didn't work).
Marla13 - I will continue to follow your 'journey' and hope all goes to plan - and we will meet up in the East end of London when we've come through all this.🥂
I hope everyone else in the September (and every other month) surgery is doing well - I'm following you all to check how everyone is doing.
Good luck for to all - you're all amazing - I know I couldn't have got this far without all your help and support.
Lots of love💝💝💝
Axillary clearance postponed as found suspicious stuff in other breast on MRI. Got results today. CT clear, cancer in other breast, so going for right mastectomy with SNB and lext axillary clearance on 8 Nov.
Anyone got any advice for having both sides done at the same time?
I've been following your journey Xela and though I really empathise! It sounds like you are better off where you are, where they can look after you. I'm so sorry though that you weren't able to leave when you had hoped. Fingers crossed tomorrow may be good news!
Kateday - just wanted to send you big hugs! I really feel with you, and I wish you a lovely day!
Thanks for checking in on me.
I've been given calcium tablets as well as the Letrozole - 2 a day - I suppose as a precautionary measure (I guess they wont do me any harm). Surgeon said he's arranging for a bone scan and they'll monitor my bones in any event.
Glad you're finding the drug OK - so hope I will, too. Have been told if it doesn't agree with me to let them know and they'd see what could be done - but i'm hoping once my system gets used to them I shoudl be OK as well.
Surgeon said some people suffer with achy joints - so we'll have to see.
Its been 3 months since I first went to the doctor - it feels like a lifetime ago
As I said - this forum has been a godsend - I know I would have been freaking out a lot more if I hadn't had this place to come to.
Going to focus on recovery and reconstruction now - and getting back to work.
Thanks, again, Thistle - we did it.💖💖💖
also had results in today - and it's a mixed picture:
- no node involvement (3 were taken)
- ER + (no other receptors)
- one margin wasn't clear (2nd operation scheduled for the end of this month)
- cancer got 'upgraded' from 2 to 3 after pathology
- invasive tumour about as big as seen in ultrasound (15 mm) but also non-invasive on top of that (at least another 10mm).
This means that chemo is pretty likely now (plus hormones and radio). Got a bit of a shock to the system today, if I'm honest, because initially (after biopsy), things looked quite a bit brighter.
At least the nodes were clear, and a hormone receptor means I can at least try my luck keeping it at bay for a longer time (if I can stand the stuff ;-). Trying to focus on the positives. Such as (also): the weather was glorious here today.
All the best to all of you, whatever your results, BIG HUGS!
Came on here to check how your results went, and I’m over the moon for you..it’s great news! 😄
I’m on Letrozole, have been for a few months, - and though still waiting for the bone scan results to see if I need calcium etc, I’ve been OK so far🤞🤞 ... hope it proves OK for you too, (I think there are more positives than negatives as I do think those people who have no problems with it, do not feel the need to post..)
You came a long way and got through it, didn’t you? Well done, and very best wishes for your continued recovery..
Congratulations on your fantastic news! So pleased to hear no chemo or radiotherapy for you.
Really pleased your new inflator is behaving itself too.
Thinking of you and sending you lots of love....