cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SURGERY SEPTEMBER 2018

Re: SURGERY SEPTEMBER 2018

Hi All, 13th September, having mascectomy implant in right breast and 2-3 nodes are being taken for biopsy, as so far showing clear. Bit of a shock because my consultant had me pencilled in for lumpectomy this Thursday. MRi and second biopsy picked up other cancer in same breast. Second amount found are that small, the ultrasound didn’t pick it up and showed up just as fat necrosis. I have a suspicious third as well. So losing breast and nipple. Then treatment plan 4 wks after surgery. Hopefully one of the lucky ones, no radiotherapy or chemo but tamoxifen. But if I’m not so lucky then i’ll face it,

Hi JacqB, glad to hear all went well, make sure your OH continues to look after you! I’m currently propped up drinking hot chocolate feelng somewhat like I’ve been hit by a bulldozer, but better than I thought I would as long as I don’t stand up!! Keep you’re feet up for the next few days and rest xx

Hope all went well today MrsLET. I’m home now enjoying chicken soup and toast prepared by my OH. it’s only the third meal he’s ever made me in 31 years and was delicious! 😂
@Sib, are you nervous because you know what to expect? I too am on Herceptin and have found it quite tough. Makes me very nauseous. Will be thinking if you on the 24th.
Jacq x
Sib

Im having right mx and bilateral diep reconstruction on 24th of this month, very nervous and frightened now. Had left mx and node removal in July 2017, recovered well. Also had 6 months of chemo and still having Herceptin 3 weekly.
Good luck for those in surgery today xx

Hi JacqB, I’m in today as well for smx on the left with LD Flap reconstruction and symmetry to the right. Looks like my nodes are clear so they’re just going to biopsy one oe two. Good luck with your op xx

SURGERY SEPTEMBER 2018

Starting a new thread for September surgeries. I am having a Wide Local Excision and auxiliary node clearance today. Not too concerned about the WLE but dreading the node surgery. Would liove to share experiences with any one else having surgery this month.