322458posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Op pain 😥

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Post Op pain 😥

Hi Loulinen - I know how you feel. I had a right mastectomy on 24th September with a tissue expander implant and went weekly for about 6 weeks getting it filled as it stretches the skin. Mine felt very sore and uncomfortable and like you, I felt it was rubbing on the inside of my 'new' breast. 

It still feels like its rubbing even now ( 2 months after my last 'fill'.) It also feels very lumpy as I can see and feel the port they use ti inject the saline into into it.

I am due to have the exchange surgery in April where they'll take this tissue expander out and replace it with a softer silicone one - so I'm really hoping when this is done it will feel and look more natural - and no more rubbing. 

Hope you're doing OK.

xxx

Highlighted

Hi, 

thank you for your advice. I did leave a message with the breast care nurse, they are short staffed at the moment but said it may be an idea as I am seeing the oncologist at Maidstone hospital tomorrow to pop into the Peggy wood breast care unit and ask them to have a look for me.   I don’t feel like I have received the best after care since the op.

louise x

Hi Louise,

Sounds like you you are doing all the right things already seeing your GP and surgeon but just wondering if it’s worth you phoning your breast care nurse so she can advise what should and shouldn’t be happening.  I had my surgery in December 2017 and it’s a tough op to recover from so try not to stress too much 15 days isn’t long. I had an uplift last week on the other side and wow I think I wiped the original mastectomy and recon op out of my head as to say I’m a little sore is an understatement. 

Take care

Post Op pain 😥

Hi

i am 15 days  post surgery and I am experiencing a lot of pain and soreness which feels like the silicone implant is rubbing again the chest wall, it feels so heavy and swollen. My consultant said  I’m still healing and it’s early days. My gp has given me some antibiotics today as the breast felt slightly warm and I’m unable to touch it. I’m really starting to worry that something could be wrong, could my body be rejecting the implant or am I worrying unnecessarily?

your advice would be appreciated.

louise x