cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foods after Surgery

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Foods after Surgery

Superwoman?  nah...

I can't really hack the knickers over the tights look and of course the cleavage isn't what it was  (or am I thinking of wonderwoman here?)

Hope all is well

Not so good 3 ops  willowherb but fantastic you did so well after each one.  you must be superwoman Smiley Very Happy x x

Hello Astra

Actually it took 3 ops to get clear margins (don't want to worry you..)  

I think the high fat is just the craving when you are hungry, in reality I had nothing the first time as the hospital sarnis were filling , the last time I was 'done' early so no cravings!

Though I do remember an excellent steak and chips at the pub with the family the day after my first op - I am afraid that I am one of these people that had no impaired movement after the ops and no ill-effects or much pain either so life just carried on as normal (without heavy lifting or hugs as those did hurt!)

Hope all goes well

Hi Willowherb

Sounds like you had a party with the sarnis Smiley Happy  You are making me hungry mentioning all that food and I've just eaten Smiley Tongue

I had better make sure I have some high fat stuff in,  I have pre cooked some mince meat with veg which is delicious hot with grated cheese over Smiley Tongue

I have porridge in also and coconut yoghurt with bluberries at the ready, also some vegie burgers and a chicken ready meal.  Ham and Salmon.

My goodness you had to go for 2 ops ! that's no fun, hope you are doing well now. x x

Thanks for your reply and input seabreeze.

Yes protein and veg greenery and rainbow but I am wondering how I am going to prepare although I have salmon and cold meats and a couple of ready meals but not sure I am going to be up to shopping for fresh veg and chopping,  I do have some beans and lettuce growing in the garden so they will be easy to pick and tomatoes and blueberries, I expect I will manage.

Heart

Hi Always a choice,

Sounds great Smiley Tongue

thanks for your input. Heart

I craved porridge the evening after my surgery!

Made with soya milk with added flaked almonds and blackcurrants.

Lots of smoothies in the following days. And Golden Mylk, which is delicious and contains healing turmeric.

When I had my first op last year there was a whole gang of us 'waiting to go down' and we got together to chat to while away the time.

Of course, by 1pm we were all starving having eaten nothing since midnight,  and our talk turned to what we would eat that night when we got home(bad move, but the sarnis were coming out by then for the lucky early cases) : Bacon and Egg, Macdonalds, Fish and Chips were the common thoughts.

A little of what you fancy does you good as they say, but apparently there was actually a good scientific reason for our choices - it seems that when you are really hungry, your body craves high fat food.

My hospital ham sandwich at 7 that night (guess who was last down to theatre?) was fantastic!

Hi Astra,

Not sure about what I felt like eating but having a protein rich diet seemed to aid good rapid healing.

I hope your recovery goes welll.

x Seabreeze

Foods after Surgery

Normally don't feel like food after the anaesthetic, what was your favourite things to eat first few days after surgery?

Grateful for any experieces, what took that awful taste smell away after anaesthetic?

I just found this link, looks like I will have to try for some preprepared veg.  Hope this link is ok to post:

https://www.verywellhealth.com/what-to-eat-during-your-recovery-after-surgery-3156923