Re: Feel like a fraud

HI Jem

I’ve got my last T on Tuesday so can’t wait to get through the next couple of weeks, I’m still very tired but just want to get it over & done with!

surprisingly my nails have been ok, they have not stopped growing & although I have shellac on them every 3 weeks my nails look good underneath.

Good luck with the tamoxifen - I’m hr- so I don’t need that but hope you cope ok - I’m 56 & have been through the menopause so I do understand but mine was over a couple of years - not thrown straight in like you!

My house needs a mega spring clean but I’ll worry about that next year...

I’m still walking most days but only 2-3km as my tiredness is catching up with me but am aiming to start jogging in the new year as I would like to be able to do a 5km race for life in the summer 

Take it easy

Jude x

Jude I am hoping that your side effects have been better this cycle. It is so exciting to know you have finished too- what a journey! What is next for you?

i had a great hols - just what we all needed. I came home without the dark nails 😀🎉I'm now wearing a pink colour- my nails are yellow with lots of ridges- my thumb nail you can trace my 2 surgeries and each chemo cycle- but I kept them all 😀.

i had an appt with radiologist consultant this week- he was happy that treatment had gone according to plan and my skin hadn't broken down. So now referred back to oncologist for next 10 years. I've now started the dreaded Tamoxifen- I have a few hot flushes each day and 1 at 4ish in the morning- this seems to be pretty goons. They do appear to be triggered by sugar- if I have a biscuit or a piece of cake- should help the diet😂.

It does seem odd without all the appt but a good odd. I'm taking things slowly until Christmas and trying to sort the house- Hubble has been fab and we had a cleaner for 6 months- just the chins rooms and the play room to go- left the worst til last! Trying to keep the walking going and building up- aim by Christmas is 10km 3 times a week- think it's very doable.

take care Jem xx

Hi Jem

Thanks a lot. I’m hoping this coming week is more normal & side effect free, although I’m blooming tired!

How was your holiday? Hope you really relaxed & enjoyed quality time with the family.
How are you feeling? Is it a little bit strange not been dictated to by appointments? Or are you still having follow ups?

Take care

Jude x

Hi Jude

read your blog today - as always well written. You are doing amazingly 1 more to go 🎉🎉. Hope today has been a good day.

jem xx

Hi Jude

Great news!!

Sounds like you’ve got a great oncologist there, just as you said!! It sounds a good compromise too and you’ll still be on track for finishing before Christmas! 

I’m good thank you; we have an Indian summer here and I’m sat in the garden making the most of it!!! It will be such a shock when the cold weather arrives.😞

Take care.

lots of love

Rosie xxx

Hi Rosie

Quick update seen the oncologist today, gone through all issues / side effects from last cycle - decision made to keep on track with chemo scheduled dates but reduce the dosage by 20-25% as the effects will be cumulative over the next 2 cycles - hopefully it will all go ok
So fingers crossed I’m still on schedule to finish radiotherapy by 21st December

Hope you are keeping ok

Lots of love

Jude x

Hi Ladies

Hope everyone is feeling ok this afternoon. The weather is lovely here again in sunny Burgundy - it’s a perfect Autumn day with beautiful sunshine, very still and calm, with temperatures of 24 degrees. Jem, this would be perfect for Audrey...she’d love it and be very well behaved! Congratulations on finishing your treatment and I hope that you’re relaxing and doing just what you want!!!

Jude, just reading your post, it sounds like you’ve had an appointment today, so I hope that’s gone well and they are looking after you. I guess you really want to stay on course for your treatment so that you don’t have any delays; I think you’ll be finished by Christmas then if my calculations are right. Hope the writing is going well still. 

Lisa, this is lovely walking (rambling) weather...I managed 8 kilometres on Sunday - have you got any further with making plans for a group? 

I hope that everyone is doing well and coping with treatment and se’s.

sending love and hugs from across the channel.

Rosie xx

Hi Jem

Well done on finishing active treatment 👏👏👏
You so deserve a lovely holiday - I’m presuming the children are on half term, so you will have a fabulous time - try & relax & don’t overdo it!
The moving on course sounds interesting, I’m sure there are a few useful nuggets to pull from these courses.
I’d booked myself on a look good feel better course for next Tuesday but since my hospital stay I’ve now got to see the oncologist on the same day so will have to change it. I’m not sure what the oncologist is going to say whether he will tweak my treatment? It should be Tuesday 23rd so I’m hoping that it doesn’t get delayed.
I used paracetamol & nurofen for the bone pain as codeine doesn’t really agree with me - although they didn’t work that well!

Have a fab hols

Lots of love

Jude x

Hi ladieS, have been r adding your posts but sorry not replied sooner.

jude- so pleased that you are home, hoping you are resting. Docetaxol is rather horrid but apparently very effective. I feel for you with the shooting bone pain- I was like an old lady too. Ask your onc what they recommend re pain relief. I had coedine for the last one, I was very very spaced out but without the pain- all a balancing act. Hope you were treated well in Casea NHS. When are you scheduled for your next chemo?

Rosie Posie - hoping you are getting some of the warmer weather this weekend. A few days this week has been really warm here on the south coast -22 degrees and sunny. Yesterday was windy and really autumnal- a challenge with Audrey- needed to adjust to be tighter fitting!!

yorkshire Tyke - pleased Tamoxifen se are being kind to you. I start in 2 weeks. Was so encouraged reading your post, thank you-  you tend to hear the horrid stories.

Lisa hope all is well. Walking is really good for us, join the rambling group-hopefully you will really enjoy,  if you don't like it you don't have to go again. 

Yesterday i I finished active treatment 🛎🛎🎉🎉after 8 months. It has been hard, really really hard at times, I've hated putting my family through this. But we've done it and have come out the other side. I know the next phase is hard but I need to keep focussed on moving on. I've started the BCC moving on course- would recommend a look. The first week was not great but 2nd was really helpful- I need to have a bag of tools to help me move forward from all this - I need to carefully select the most helpful tools to add and ditch the others. I now have a week to get ready to go on hols- off to Portugal😀. Due to the fatigue from radiotherapy I think it's going to take me all week to pack😥. I'm usually someone with lots of energy and would normally fit in packing for us all around a hundred other things- not at the mo- it seems to take me ages to do anything. Good news on travel insurance- we gave an annual family policy. Hubble rang yesterday to inform them of diagnosis and that all active treatment completed-no extra charge😀😀

enjoy the weekend xx

Hi Lisa

Weather is chilly and grey so let’s put our ramble on hold!!😂 I’ll let you know when the temperatures are back up to 24 degrees...too much autumn mist around that doesn’t clear during the day. 

Hope you’re feeling ok today.

Sending love from France.

Rosie xx

Hi Jude

Glad you’re home...you’re so right too. There is no place..! Hope you’ve got you’re feet up and everyone is spoiling you.

I was wondering how you were earlier this evening - it sounded as though it got worse before it improved for you? At least they acted quickly and didn’t take any chances either - a private room doesn’t sound too bad.

You can sleep in your own bed tonight, though.😊

All Ok here but I’m afraid the lovely weather we were promised hasn’t materialised yet. The early morning autumn mist has come and decided to stay all day leaving us chilly and grey. It’s crazy when I think we had temperatures of 26 degrees at the end of last week. 😞 

Take care and look after yourself.

Sending hugs and love.

Rosie xxx

There’s no place like home x

Hi All

Quick update - starting to feel a lot better - white blood count has massively improved, got to have more IV antibiotics tonight & again in the morning then hopefully they will let me go home. Temp is still a bit erratic but should settle by the morning. They might send me home with oral antibiotics & I may have to see the oncologist before my next chemo in case he wants to change anything

Elaine - good to see you are doing ok on tamoxifen, some side effects are obviously better than others!

Take care

Jude x

She sees the oncologist today so I guess she will have a better idea of what the treatment plan is afterward.

Hi Jude,

Just about to complete month 3 of the Tamoxifen. So far so good, no major SE's a tad warmer than normal (but i used to really feel the cold) and no periods (yipee) so no more problems with my iron levels.

I have to say I had liquid morphine to take home after my operation. Knocked my out cold!

Hope your weel enough to be released from hospital.

Elaine

Hi Rosie & Lisa

Thanks a lot for your support!

Had a shocking nights sleep (must have been the strange bed), more IV antibiotics this morning & my temp was higher this morning than yesterday so they are not working as yet!
Doctors due round shortly so should know a bit more later

Hope you are both ok

Lots of love

Jude x

Hi Rosie, I wouldnt mind joining you in France to have a ramble! Everything going okay here apart from the fact we are not experiencing 24 degrees! 🌞 more like 🌧. Hugs. Lisa x

Jude, you poor thing. I do hooe you get better quickly and get a decent nights sleep. Am sure they will let you out as soon as you are ready but let them look after you. Sending hugs. X

Hi Lisa

Thank you for the hugs and sending warm ones back to you too. You have had quite a journey from what I’ve read farther back in the thread so I hope you’re doing ok and I can only imagine your ‘inflation’. 😉Xx

The idea of a ramblers Group is great and I’m sure there would be plenty of ladies interested in your area. I’m a bit far away...we live in France but I love walking too. Hope you get lots of response if you go ahead with your plans. Keep up with the writing (ramblings) too.

Hi Yorkshire Tyke,

Fortunately our weather is still good, expecting around 24 degrees later this week again and, like you, the leaves are looking beautiful here too.🍁🍂 As Jude said, congratulations on the promotion and I know how you feel when someone else is diagnosed...it takes you back to that time too. Try and keep positive and look after yourself.

Sending love and hugs to everyone.

Love Rosie.xx

Hi Jude

Poor you! 

I was looking at the forum with the intention of replying to the thread this evening...and you pop up!!! 

I do hope you’ll have a comfortable night and that the drugs do their work for you. Fingers crossed they’ll let you home in the morning but I guess it’s better to be safe than sorry. 

Take care and look after yourself.

Sending love and hugs.

Rosie xxx