Re: Feel like a fraud

Hi Jem

Well done on finishing active treatment 👏👏👏
You so deserve a lovely holiday - I’m presuming the children are on half term, so you will have a fabulous time - try & relax & don’t overdo it!
The moving on course sounds interesting, I’m sure there are a few useful nuggets to pull from these courses.
I’d booked myself on a look good feel better course for next Tuesday but since my hospital stay I’ve now got to see the oncologist on the same day so will have to change it. I’m not sure what the oncologist is going to say whether he will tweak my treatment? It should be Tuesday 23rd so I’m hoping that it doesn’t get delayed.
I used paracetamol & nurofen for the bone pain as codeine doesn’t really agree with me - although they didn’t work that well!

Have a fab hols

Lots of love

Jude x

Hi ladieS, have been r adding your posts but sorry not replied sooner.

jude- so pleased that you are home, hoping you are resting. Docetaxol is rather horrid but apparently very effective. I feel for you with the shooting bone pain- I was like an old lady too. Ask your onc what they recommend re pain relief. I had coedine for the last one, I was very very spaced out but without the pain- all a balancing act. Hope you were treated well in Casea NHS. When are you scheduled for your next chemo?

Rosie Posie - hoping you are getting some of the warmer weather this weekend. A few days this week has been really warm here on the south coast -22 degrees and sunny. Yesterday was windy and really autumnal- a challenge with Audrey- needed to adjust to be tighter fitting!!

yorkshire Tyke - pleased Tamoxifen se are being kind to you. I start in 2 weeks. Was so encouraged reading your post, thank you-  you tend to hear the horrid stories.

Lisa hope all is well. Walking is really good for us, join the rambling group-hopefully you will really enjoy,  if you don't like it you don't have to go again. 

Yesterday i I finished active treatment 🛎🛎🎉🎉after 8 months. It has been hard, really really hard at times, I've hated putting my family through this. But we've done it and have come out the other side. I know the next phase is hard but I need to keep focussed on moving on. I've started the BCC moving on course- would recommend a look. The first week was not great but 2nd was really helpful- I need to have a bag of tools to help me move forward from all this - I need to carefully select the most helpful tools to add and ditch the others. I now have a week to get ready to go on hols- off to Portugal😀. Due to the fatigue from radiotherapy I think it's going to take me all week to pack😥. I'm usually someone with lots of energy and would normally fit in packing for us all around a hundred other things- not at the mo- it seems to take me ages to do anything. Good news on travel insurance- we gave an annual family policy. Hubble rang yesterday to inform them of diagnosis and that all active treatment completed-no extra charge😀😀

enjoy the weekend xx

Hi Lisa

Weather is chilly and grey so let’s put our ramble on hold!!😂 I’ll let you know when the temperatures are back up to 24 degrees...too much autumn mist around that doesn’t clear during the day. 

Hope you’re feeling ok today.

Sending love from France.

Rosie xx

Hi Jude

Glad you’re home...you’re so right too. There is no place..! Hope you’ve got you’re feet up and everyone is spoiling you.

I was wondering how you were earlier this evening - it sounded as though it got worse before it improved for you? At least they acted quickly and didn’t take any chances either - a private room doesn’t sound too bad.

You can sleep in your own bed tonight, though.😊

All Ok here but I’m afraid the lovely weather we were promised hasn’t materialised yet. The early morning autumn mist has come and decided to stay all day leaving us chilly and grey. It’s crazy when I think we had temperatures of 26 degrees at the end of last week. 😞 

Take care and look after yourself.

Sending hugs and love.

Rosie xxx

There’s no place like home x

Hi All

Quick update - starting to feel a lot better - white blood count has massively improved, got to have more IV antibiotics tonight & again in the morning then hopefully they will let me go home. Temp is still a bit erratic but should settle by the morning. They might send me home with oral antibiotics & I may have to see the oncologist before my next chemo in case he wants to change anything

Elaine - good to see you are doing ok on tamoxifen, some side effects are obviously better than others!

Take care

Jude x

She sees the oncologist today so I guess she will have a better idea of what the treatment plan is afterward.

Hi Jude,

Just about to complete month 3 of the Tamoxifen. So far so good, no major SE's a tad warmer than normal (but i used to really feel the cold) and no periods (yipee) so no more problems with my iron levels.

I have to say I had liquid morphine to take home after my operation. Knocked my out cold!

Hope your weel enough to be released from hospital.

Elaine

Hi Rosie & Lisa

Thanks a lot for your support!

Had a shocking nights sleep (must have been the strange bed), more IV antibiotics this morning & my temp was higher this morning than yesterday so they are not working as yet!
Doctors due round shortly so should know a bit more later

Hope you are both ok

Lots of love

Jude x

Hi Rosie, I wouldnt mind joining you in France to have a ramble! Everything going okay here apart from the fact we are not experiencing 24 degrees! 🌞 more like 🌧. Hugs. Lisa x

Jude, you poor thing. I do hooe you get better quickly and get a decent nights sleep. Am sure they will let you out as soon as you are ready but let them look after you. Sending hugs. X

Hi Lisa

Thank you for the hugs and sending warm ones back to you too. You have had quite a journey from what I’ve read farther back in the thread so I hope you’re doing ok and I can only imagine your ‘inflation’. 😉Xx

The idea of a ramblers Group is great and I’m sure there would be plenty of ladies interested in your area. I’m a bit far away...we live in France but I love walking too. Hope you get lots of response if you go ahead with your plans. Keep up with the writing (ramblings) too.

Hi Yorkshire Tyke,

Fortunately our weather is still good, expecting around 24 degrees later this week again and, like you, the leaves are looking beautiful here too.🍁🍂 As Jude said, congratulations on the promotion and I know how you feel when someone else is diagnosed...it takes you back to that time too. Try and keep positive and look after yourself.

Sending love and hugs to everyone.

Love Rosie.xx

Hi Jude

Poor you! 

I was looking at the forum with the intention of replying to the thread this evening...and you pop up!!! 

I do hope you’ll have a comfortable night and that the drugs do their work for you. Fingers crossed they’ll let you home in the morning but I guess it’s better to be safe than sorry. 

Take care and look after yourself.

Sending love and hugs.

Rosie xxx

Hi Ladies

Well I spoke too soon!
Been admitted to hospital at tea time today with a temperature, white blood count is low so having to stay in & have IV antibiotics. Still having bad bone pain so they will give me a bit of liquid morphine for that 👀
Hopefully I’ll get a decent night sleep

Take care

Jude x

Hi Lisa

Sounds like the inflators are working out ok, hope it’s not too uncomfortable. It must be a bit strange to see your boobs growing like that! Sounds like your hair is looking lovely, can’t wait for mine to come back!!
Keep writing as it will be good therapy for you if nothing else & will be interesting to read back on in later years
Your ramble suggestion sounds a great idea. I live in Huddersfield but do have a walk every day mainly on my own & a bit slow at times but do up to 6km depending how I am feeling

Take care all

Jude x

Hi ladies, sorry not posted for a while, been trying to get through these inflations I am having. Despite all going through Ive had to laugh, whilst lying on the coach being inflated Dave could see my boobs rising, the surgeon says I be going up a cup size each week! Jude am sorry you have some pains and you feel like an old lady, I so hope this lessons and you can cope with it better. I hope the pain killers work for you. My hair started to grow back straight after my last chemo which was July and I have what looks like an army buzz cut, it looks quite sexy so my neighbour says! Last to start coming back has been my eye lashes. Not quite there with them yet. As for my writing. Its just my ramblings, to make me feel better, I might eventually have them published for friends and family, like others its been a way to get my feelings out. Will probably have my radiotherapy in November as cant have that until all the inflation has been done. Not sure when I start my Herceptin drug for the year. 

I do apologise as want to reply to everyone on here but my brain wont hold a lot of information(!) and I dont know how to,scroll down to posts to reread them so I know what I am answering if you get what I mean, no, neither do I!!! I do really haha. Just want to wish everyone well and what ever you are going through my thoughts, best wishes are for you and I hope you can catch these warm hugs I am sending out. ❤️❤️.

Not sure where any of you are from but I am from scarborough, North Yorkshire, when I was in the Magnolia Centre in York for treatment I saw a notice for a local light rambling group, am wondering if anyone near where I live would like to do something like that. It would be nice to get together and have some gentle walks whilst building up our strength. Am thinking of putting a notice up in the local hospitals Cancer Care Centre what do you think? 

Love to all. Lisa x

Hi Rosie
Pleased to hear to are ok & still enjoying some autumnal sun - lucky you!
Today I feel like an old lady - I’ve got intermittent shooting pains all over my body & feel like I’ve been kicked by a horse. I’ve also got tingling hands & toes - it is all manageable & to be fair in my mind these se’s are better than feeling sick!
Elaine - congrats on the promotion & having the holidays to look forward to. Sorry to hear about the other ladies diagnosis - it’s strange that it’s almost more upsetting to hear about someone else than it was for yourself. I didn’t realise you were on tamoxifen, hope you are coping ok with the se’s.
Jem - I started with the pain killers today just to keep on top of it & have been moisturising my nails as receomnended! My eyebrows & lashes are going fast now but surprisingly my nails are still growing!
Well done on getting 2/3 of the way through rads without too much trouble, other than the fatigue - you are nearly there!!
Enjoy your daughters birthday, it will be worth every bit of hassle & tiredness

Hope everyone is doing ok - take care all

Jude x

Hi lovely ladies

jude- how are the injections going? I just had 1 after each T. The mis of T and injections can cause bone pain- start pain killers before or as soon as it starts. You are doing so amazingly well - keep going 1 day at a time.

rosie Posie - autumn sunshine is lovely - amazing day here with temp of 22!

Yorkshire Tyke - sorry you have found it difficult when others are diagnosed- take time for yourself as it bring back all sorts of emotions.

Tiger72 - how are you doing?

Billie - welcome to our little forum thread. Hope your results were good.

hope I haven't forgotten anybody.

im now 2 weeks into 3 weeks of radiotherapy. It is very different to chemo. Most of the side effects of chemo have now gone 😀- my sore leg muscles still remain but are getting better. The pain in my fingers is going. 😀I still have all my nails- keep them covered Jude and moisturise the nail bed frequently - esp on T. I am very very fatigued at the mo, hightens about 2:45 each day- just as I pick up children and embark on fully time Mummy mode- so far have made dinner in a morning and put in fridge/slo cooker. Been busy planning daughters birthday weekend- I have tried to make it easier than other years but not sure how I'll keep going, then on Sunday family meal and cake/games here. Currently sat on sofa enjoying film with the children - what Friday evenings are for.

enjoy your weekends xx

Hello Ladies,

It been some time since I posted anything.

Jude, I've been catching up with your blog. I so hope that everything goes well for you with the change in chemo drugs and you manage to get through the radiotheraphy before Xmas. It will be a massive relief for you. Compared to what you've been through with the chemo the rads will be a doddle. Drink loads of water and make sure you moisturise your skin regularly.

RosiePosie your so lucky you can still sit outside! It's definately Autumn here, the leaves are all changing colour and it's cold (despite the hot flush side effects of the Tamoxifen!) so I'm wrapped up warm!

Since I last submitted a blog I'be booked 3 skiing holidays and got a promotion at work. The sharks and turtles will have to wait until later next year Jude.

It's bizarre how well you can look after going through such a traumatic diagnosis. Everyone keeps telling e how happy and well I look (even people who don't know what I've been through). Everything is sadly brought back down to earth for me by the fact that their is another lady a the gym who was diagnosed just before me and is going through chemo and another who has just been diagnosed. Finding out that someone else I know is about to embark on this journey really upset me. I so know how she feels at the moment, it was hard not to burst in to tears with her.

Have a great weekend everyone. Be kind to yourselves.

Yorkshire Tyke

Hi Jude

Lovely to hear from you and I’m glad that your T chemo went well and that the herceptin injection caused you no issues - fingers crossed that it’s still the same today. I expect you’re a bit fed up with needles and injections at the moment but I hope the medication does it’s job for you. I guess it’s all ‘research and information’ for your next blog post too. 😉

The sun is shining here today and I’m sat in the garden enjoying the late summer with a cup of tea. Felt I deserved a little bit of down time now after this week.

I hope you have a lovely weekend and that you continue to feel ok. Sending love and hugs.

Take care.

love Rosie xxx