cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Axillary Node Clearance

75 REPLIES

Re: Axillary Node Clearance

Hi Ive now had my CT just waiting for the bone scan and onco appt.  How are you Bluetit.  Im sure it wont be too long before I join you.  Hope you are ok xx

Hi ladies
Hope you are all well, I love this forum, no 2 diagnosis are the same.
I had mx in December, had no choice, tumour was 9cm and it consumed my skin.
Had 16 cycles of Chemo, 4xEC
12xpacli, 5 out of 5 lymph node involvement.
Now radiotherapy for 3 weeks, then all finished.
I was upset when I was told I had involved lymph nodes, however surgeon put my mind at rest and said I had clean margins and he got all the cancer.
I feel clean since my Mx, my body feels clean, my heart tells me the cancer has gone, and my healer has confirmed everything is clear.
Lymph node involvement, does not necessarily mean, reoccurrence will happen.
Iv told the universe and my body cancer is not coming back, and believe me, it won’t.
Good luck ladies with your journey.

My CT is next Friday so I shouldnt be too far behind you x  Wait for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Well done Linda. Have a fantastic holiday x

I am all finished. Booked a hol on Tuesday to Egypt and got a lovely Swarovski necklace from my OH for what I have been through. Good luck with chemo Daisydi.x

Thank you. One stage ticked at last! Hope you are ok too x

So pleased your 2nd re-excision worked.

Best wishes for the your next steps

Glad to hear you got clear margins Daiydi. It is always worth not burning your bridges I think.x

Thank goodness no 4th operation!!!
I also had 4 nodes positive (4/11).
Sorry to hear you'll be starting chemo 😓 (I selfishly wish you could be on my monthly thread!) I've had CT of liver, chest etc already, just waiting for bone CT in 2 weeks time. I hope you get your dates through quickly xxxxx

Hi 3 more nodes positive so 4 out of 24.  Clear margin though so no mx.  Chemo here we come but got to have ct and bone scan first so prob wont start until Feb/March.  Half happy in that I get to keep my boob but sad about chemo...

How did you get on today Daisydi? xx

Hi Daisy, sorry it has taken me ages to reply!
Hope your arm is still good - my range is good but I have a few nerve pains. Am being good with the exercises as I quickly notice if I haven't done them for a bit. I didn't get any numbness and still need deodorant!
I hope your results are exactly what you hope for at your next appt.... catch up soon, either here or 'over there'! xxx

Hi Daisy,

I'm the same as Evie, I don't need deodorant on the ANC side. Just as well cos when I do put it on I'm still so numb I can't tell if I'm missing or not. It's such a relief when the drains are out isn't it?

After the ANC I've found that if I don't do the exercises on a daily basis it stiffens up pretty quickly. I have full range of movement and got that back quickly but the numbness hasn't improved and I've been told it probably won't .

Daisydi - great news on having the drains out, and also that you are using your arm normally. From my experience the answer to your question would be no - the numbness for me took many months to go, even now I don’t have full feeling back. So if you are the same, by the time the numbness goes you will have recovered and so won’t feel pain after (hope that makes sense and is reassuring).

Strangely I was the opposite with BO smells - for the first time I could get away without deodorant!

Evie xx

drain is out hoorayyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Hoping to have my drain removed today.  Yippee!  I am quite suprised at how good my arm is.  I can just use it normally, can put normal bra tops and clothes on.  Cant feel under my arm but thats probably a good thing.  Cant wash properly either and I seem to have a constant bo smell from that armpit. Very pleasant.   Does the pain occur once the numbness has gone I wonder?  Hope you're all ok xx

Hi thank you I am really praying for good results having gone through all these ops.  I won't know about chemo till results but I suspect I will be joining you ....Good luck for yours xx

I hope the pain is subsiding Daisydi & your results show the margins you need.

Will you be joining a chemo thread? - I will be hopping across there in a couple of weeks x
Highlighted

Hiya, well I'm done and have a very large bottle and bag to carry around with me.  Finding it all a bit painful but I am home. Just waiting for results now. Hope you're ok.  I third incision on my boob is really painful,much more than before. Just hope it was worth it ...

How are you feeling Daisydi?
Hope your surgery went well today & that you were first on the list as planned xxx