Community Champion

Re: Axillary Node Clearance

[ Edited ]

Hello Bluetit, you may get a quicker response if you ring the nurses - you can request another appointment to discuss this if you have not had the opportunity to do so or are not happy with the explanation .Could it be you've been asked to give consent for an ANC if during the op they find sentinel nodes are cancerous ? Some hospitals have the facilities to test the nodes during the op and this can avoid a second op / anaesthetic.

Thank you for your reply
My nurse is on holiday so I've emailed her counterpart (I'm not sure how quickly she'll reply though as I'm not her patient) x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Bluetit

Hello and welcome to the forum.  Hopefully one of the other ladies might be able to help with your query, however I would suggest you call your breast care nurse, explain to her that you were not aware of the ANC before seeing it on your pre op form and ask her about it.  They tend to be a good source of advice and understanding of things.

Sedning you hugs

helena xxx

Axillary Node Clearance

Hi,

This is my first post, so please bear with me! 

had my pre-op clinic appointment this morning - my surgery is down as Mastectomy with ANC.... my consultant didn't mention ANC when we last met- is it because my tumour is very large?  (nothing was seen in nodes on ultrasound).  I've also had a CT which showed no sign of spread.
I presumed that he'd do a SNB first....?   
What information am I missing?

It's all new to me, sorry that I'm a bit ignorant.
Obviously I'll have what I need - but I'm hoping I might glean some useful insight from you lovely lot.
Thank you!