cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any experience re re-excision?

49 REPLIES

Re: Any experience re re-excision?

Thats good news.  My third one worked too!

Had 4 re-excisions and the last one was successful ..glad that I persevered !

Thanks for that Willowherb. Doesn’t sound great, but I’ll be persevering too once I get them. I hope the SEs get more manageable as time goes on. Hugs.

Hi Coco

I am on Anaztrazole.. I can only speak for myself but...

I think I have had all the 'very common' symptoms and some of the 'common', sometimes some worse than others.

The worst is the man with the iron bar who lives in my bed and bashes my shins from 5am. I also wake up with hands like bunches of bananas

That little pill doesn't half pack a punch. I hope the S/Es become more manageable with time ( I have taken it for 3 weeks now and some have eased off) and especially the wee scunner with the bar!

I am now trying glucosamine and moving the pill taking to last thing at night to see if it helps. 

SOme people have no S/E's at all , so it's all very personal.

A tip - My ONC told me to watch what brands are dispensed as a different brand of the same drug CAN give you different SE's.  

It was my surgeon who gave me the prescription and both consultants were very laid back about when I should actually start taking them. I think they recognise it is a big step  and that we are worried about it  as the SE's can affect your quality of life.

I was also told that if I didn't get on with anasrtrazole then I could be changed to another if the SEs were really bad.

I certainly do not feel  the same person as I was at Christmas . However, if it stops cancer coming back then I will keep popping the paracetomol!

Sorry to be so gloomy about it - as I said SE's are a personal thing as is our tolerance of them. 

willow x

PS 3 rads down 12 to go!

Stirts ... good luck with your surgery tomorrow. Let’s hope this one sorts it out.

Willowherb, sorry to hear you’re  suffering SE from the tablets ... out of interest what are you on? I’ve just got my first onco appt for 6 Feb and assume they will prescribe at that time. Would like to do some research prior as I know they all come with a range of SEs. Don’t like the sound of feeling 90, especially since I feel quite fit at the moment!

daisy ... hope your recovery still progressing well.

hugs to you all.

Hi Daisy

Well the pills are pest and I now feel about 90 with all the bone pain and not climbing stairs well. Also the nausea has not been good this week either.

However, first rads today - 13 to go!

Hope ypu lose the drain and the results are good

x

Hi Willowherb, not in any pain now just a bit sore from the anc but no real pain.  Still have my drain but I am expecting it to be removed today when the district nurse arrives.  Hope your treatment is going well x

Gosh good luck Stirts.  I have just had my third and am awaiting results next Wednesday.  I have been told that a 4th is not an option.  Best of luck, let us know how you get on x

I'm going in for the 4th re-excision on Friday. Just can't seem to get these clear margins at all...very very nervous now and feeling really down 

Daisy

Glad that you are home and recuperating.

Interestingly, my 3rd incision was quuite sore for a few days and then suddenly absolutely nothing - so here's hoping for that for you

CoCo - so pleased you have at last got results. That must be a relief. 

I finally start my rads this week coming - 15 sessions and the pills are a little plaguey though  some SE's have settled.

Ironically I recieved invite for smear test today - that can wait for a month as this is as much as I can cope with at the moment. After this last few months I think the wait for the results for that will be very stressful

Thanks ladies for your thoughts and wishes.  I am home.  Third incision into breast is very sore but then so is the anc wound.  Just a waiting game now

Daisy I hope all went well yesterday and that recovery will go smoothly.  Fingers crossed that this one sorts you out.

I finally got my Fish test result this afternoon, and I’m HER2 neg.  It took three tissue samples in all, goodness knows why.  Anyhow, will now get passed across to oncology for radiotherapy planning and tablets, so can start to look towards the next phase, which will be February. Just need to stay upright on skis in a week or so and not break anything lol!

Hugs to all of you.

Daisy - Thinking of you tomorrow. Hugs

Hello willowherb, thanks for your thoughts. Still no results as apparently the sample they sent to pathology for the fish test wasn’t suitable so they’ve had to send another sample. So I am resigned to waiting a bit longer. Will not start any treatment (whatever that may be) now until after I get back from a group skiing holiday at end of January. Hoping however to have the plan in place so that it starts right away in Feb ... just as hubbie has the first of two cataract ops and elderly mum has monthly eye injections for wet macular degeneration... we are certainly getting our money’s worth from the nhs at the moment!

I hope you you are all sorted with your future treatments and that you don’t have too bad reactions to them.

best wishes and hugs.

Daisydi

I hope you managed a good Christmas and that you could , for a little, forget the merry-go-round we are all on. Thinking of you next week and fingers crossed that this time it's all sorted.

Coco

Again, I hope Christmas was peacful and that finally you got your results

Let's just hope 2019 is a better year for all of us

Know how you feel.   Had my first surgery in Oct, second in November and I still have to wait until 10th Jan for my re reexcision and anc.  Thought this was meant to be the easy part but I still dont know how many lymph nodes involved and as you can imagine I have all sorts going round in my head while I am waiting for them to be taken away.  People are saying to me I can forget about it now and concentrate on Christmas - yeah easy!  Take care x

Feeling blue today. Still no result back for HER2 FISH test (done because first test was borderline) despite first WLE in Oct and re-excision in early November.  Surely It doesn’t take this long usually. So going into Christmas still not knowing treatment pathway. BCN said that it might be back for next Fridays MDT meeting but may not be. I know margins all clear ditto lymph nodes but so hard not having the full picture.

Anyway, hits from the musicals on, marzipan on cake and will endeavour to be patient a while longer. Sorry for negativity, so far I’ve been positive but sometimes it bubbles up!

sending you all best wishes for the Christmas period however you spend it!

Hello daisydi

That's a pest she is away!  Just when you need an informed conversation about it all.

Thinking of you - this is all so hard

hugs

Hi Willowherb, my bcn is on holiday this week but I will have a long chat with her on Monday before I make my decision on Wednesday.  My surgeon says that guidelines say he has to recommend mx but he understands I am anxious about losing my breast and as all the margins are clear, even though one is not big enough and will need shaving he will give me the choice.  I am already having the anc and dont think I can cope with that and an mx at the same time.  He has stated that this is the last time he will go in and a 4th surgery with be for a mx if necessary.  I feel I need to give my boob one more chance and we've been through so much already.