Reply to this thread

Your Forum profile

[ Edited ]

Your Profile

This guide explains your profile page, how to change your settings and how to bookmark and subscribe to threads.

Profile Page

Your profile information can be personalised in a number of ways. You can write a short biography, your interests or anything else you want to share!

To update these details:

1. First click the 'My Profile' link in the top right hand side of the screen.
  2. On the Personal Profile tab, click the Personal Information link.
  3. Scroll down to Biography and tell us about yourself.
  4. To quickly change your avatar, click your avatar on your profile and select the option to ‘choose another avatar’. You can then choose from our collection or upload your image.

To set you viewing preferences:

1. Click ‘My Settings’ and then the ‘Preferences’ tab.
  2. Make your changes and click ‘Save’.

My settings 1.png

You can change your avatar through your personal settings

1. Click on the avatar tab in your personal settings.
  2. You then have the option to select an avatar ‘From the Community’ or ‘From Uploaded Images’. The uploaded images that appear will be images that you have already uploaded to the site.

My settings 2.png

How do I bookmark

• Go to the board or specific thread you want to bookmark.
  • Select Options > Bookmark
  • To bookmark a specific post, go to the post and choose Options > Bookmark

Tip: When you bookmark you are reminding yourself of where to find the conversations you have been a part of and unlike subscribing you won’t receive any notifications.

Subscribe to Posts

There is more than one way to subscribe to posts. The first way is getting email notifications through subscribing to a thread.my settings 3.png

1. To do this you need to first click the 'Thread Options' drop down in the top left hand corner of the screen.
  2. You then click the 'Subscribe’ button. I have included a screenshot below. If you want to stop getting email notifications at any point you can go back to 'Thread Options' and select 'Unsubscribe'.

The second way is to subscribe to a particular post.

1. In order to do this you can click the options drop down on the top right hand side of the post.my settings 4.png
  2. You can then click the ‘Subscribe’ button. Similarly to the first option, if you want to stop getting email notifications at any point you can go back to the post click the options drop down and select the ‘unsubscribe’ option.

To view your subscriptions, bookmarks and notifications

1. Firstly, click the ‘Subscriptions & Notifications’ tab.
  2. You then have the option to look at and manage your subscriptions, bookmarks and notifications.

To view your.....png

You can change your notifications settings

1. You can change your notification settings by clicking the ‘Subscriptions & Notifications’ tab and then by clicking the ‘Notification settings’ tab.
  2. If you would like to receive email notifications every time someone replies to your posts you can tick the ‘Automatically subscribe me to all topics or reviews I participate in’.
  3. If you would not like notifications you can check the ‘Ignore posts and reviews that I’ve already read’ option

Note: Remember to click the save button after making your changes.

my settings 7.png 

If you have a new email address you can change it

1. Firstly, click on the ‘Personal’ tab and click the ‘Email’ option.
  2. You then need to type in your new email address and confirm it.

Note: Make sure you click the save button to save your changes.

q.png

Privacy settings

1. In order to change your privacy select the ‘Preferences’ option and then the ‘Privacy’ tab.
  2. You will then be able to see that your default settings are that no one can see certain personal information on your profile.
  3. We recommend that you keep this private in order to protect your privacy

privacy.png