61598members
324928posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would be/ have been helpful to know or have to help you set up your MBC nursing service ?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: What would be/ have been helpful to know or have to help you set up your MBC nursing service ?

Hi Charlotte

There's a editable template patient information leaflet and introduction to service sheet you can download and may find helpful in our SBC Nursing Toolkit https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/healthcare-professionals/secondary-breast-ca...

Catherine

Re: What would be/ have been helpful to know or have to help you set up your MBC nursing service ?

I am new in post for a Metastatic Breast CNS role and would love any info people have in this.  I am trying to set up a patient info leaflet, and any copies that are out there that I can adapt would be really helpful.  Thanks  Charlotte

what's the best email Catherine?

Hi Lynn

I'd love to see your letter if possible please?  Would you email it to me here at BCC?

Catherine

I developed a leaflet for my patients explaining my role, their disease and the support on offer. Happy to share

Highlighted

I have an intro letter and leaflet if you need one to peruse

Hi Sue

Many thanks for posting such a long time ago now!  Great suggestions and ones we've taken on board for some new work we've started to help nurses in practice in your role.

We also think we've soretd a way of letting people know someone has posted on here so you don't wait months for a reply!

Catherine

Hi

A couple of thoughts on this from my perspective would be

1) A letter of introduction to patienst

2) A template for informing GP's of diagnosis of metastatic disease

3) Good practice examples

Thanks

Sue

It would be really helpful to know what sorts of things would be helpful for you to start and set up or enhance your nursing service. Whether a sample business case or letter of introduction template for your patients, we'd like to try and help. Post your ideas here.

What would be/ have been helpful to know or have to help you set up your MBC nursing service ?