60669members
319591posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was the most surprising thing about life after breast cancer?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: What was the most surprising thing about life after breast cancer?

Hi Anniej, 

Thank you so much for your response, it's really appreciated. 

If you'd like to help out with this media opportunity, would it be possible to email your contact details to press@breastcancercare.org.uk? I'd love to tell you a bit more about this opportunity, check some details about yourself (age and surname) and keep you in the loop with any updates.

However, absolutely no problem if not!

Best wishes,

Georgia 

Hi Lucy51, 

If you'd like to help out with this media opportunity, would it be possible to email your contact details to press@breastcancercare.org.uk? I'd love to tell you a bit more about this opportunity, check some details about yourself (age and surname) and keep you in the loop with any updates.

Best wishes,

Georgia 

Hi teresa1403, 

Best wishes,

Georgia 

I felt really emotional and anxious after.    I got obsessed with anything to do with cancer and felt annoyed when people said ‘you can forget about it now’...    agh!!!!! 

I also felt really guilty for how I felt as I only had lumpectomy, another op as didn’t get clear margins and 4 weeks radio. Compared to a lot of people I was very lucky so was also downplaying how I felt as I didn’t feel I should be upset which in turn made me feel even more emotional!! 

I have ended up having counselling which has been really beneficial.  

I really didn’t understand the enormity of what I’d been through. I really thought I’d have my operation and just go back to normal life (I didn’t need chemo or radiotherapy). I spent nearly 2 months not understanding why I was stressed and so upset all the time, I still don’t completely. Why can others sail through treatment but I’ve struggled with everything? 

Community Champion

For me it was the number of friends who had disappeared into thin air, and the number of friends I made who shared my journey. . X

Highlighted

What was the most surprising thing about life after breast cancer?

What were you most surprised by when adapting to life after your hospital-based treatment for breast cancer finished? Whether it was positive or negative, send your thoughts to press@breastcancercare.org.uk if you’d like to help with a potential media opportunity.

Best wishes,

Georgia

Press Officer