cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Eyelashes/Brows Still!

Re: No Eyelashes/Brows Still!

Hi ladies I dont like to put a dampener here, I finished chemo September 2009 and Herceptin aug 2010 and I still have no eyebrows !! I did have them tattoo'd but its worn off now, my eye lashes have JUST grown back enough to put mascara on them and I use a product called priori recovery lash serum for the last three weeks and its working fab !

The 'Dreaded Docetaxel' certainly has a lot to answer for! It was only when I started on this 'chemo cocktail' that my eyelashes and eyebrows decided to abandon ship when, up until then, they had stuck with me through the 3 doses of FEC.

I keep looking at my leg hairs which have started reappearing, and, like King Canute, I keep telling them to go back and reappear on my eyelids but they do not take any notice, and just wave at me!

Why is it we wait so long for certain hairs to appear, whereas the ones we have previously spent hours in the past getting rid of, come and flaunt themselves shamelessly? Is there no justice in this world?!

Hi,
i finished chemo at end of april and managed to put mascara on for the first time on holiday in July (it was a fabulous feeling!). i was so worried my eyebrows and lashes were not growing, i felt so ugly and 'empty' without them.

Eyebrows came back almost overnight at the end of June, i woke with a weird looking 'shadow' where they were growing, and they were through fully in a few days (had to do some serious painful plucking to get them in shape). Lashes were the last thing to return.

stay with it, i know the waiting is awful but you will get there.

Joanne xx

Mine took longer to come through, too (around the two months mark) and then seemingly appeared overnight. Hang in there!

No Eyelashes/Brows Still!

Hi All,
Anyone have any idea how long it takes for lashes and brows to grow back after chemo? Any suggestions to help this along please? I am 6 weeks post FEC/TAX and finish radiotherapy next week and as my head hair is growing (in a strange fashion) I was hoping it would let my lashes and brows know it was time to reappear again!
My leg hair knew it was time to grow back a few weeks ago so there's no excuse!
Any suggestions gratefully received. Bev x