Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lump in underarm super scared

8 REPLIES 8
Community Champion

Re: Lump in underarm super scared

Hollis

Ok so keep hold of the fact that they doctor has said it could be fatty tissue which when you think of all the treatment you have had is quite possible, BUT the good thing is that they are being thorough in getting it checked out.  The pain in the collarbone could quite rightly be the hormone tablet but also anxiety related.

Sending you loads of hugs

Helena xxx

Hi poppy3, 

that definitly is reassuring, mine is on the same side as my breast cancer so think that’s why I’m in a spin, also been having some collarbone pain which could be completely unrelated and down to being on hormone treatment, but your mind just goes into overdrive on this journey! It’s the weirdest thing. Thank you 🙏 

Hi...I can understand why you are worried. I thought I would share with you what happened to me. I found a lump under my arm on the opposite side to my BC. My first thought was it's come back, like you always do once you've had BC. My doctor referred me and I saw my consultant and had an ultrasound. It came back as a swollen lymph node. That was 18months ago...I have it checked every year at my appointment. It's not changed, it annoys me a little bit that they won't remove it, not a day goes by when I don't check it. But, it's nothing to worry about and it is being checked so I have to take comfort in that. Please try not to worry and let us know how you get on. Sending big hugs..xxx

So been to docs today and called breast care nurse who made appointment for two weeks time as earliest available 😬 doc said there is a lump and writing to clinic to see if can get me in any earlier. 

He said it could be just a fatty lump but also could be something more sinister so need to get checked. 

Anyone else had lump in underarm? Super anxious as really don’t want to get back on board the cancer train x x

You are so sweet thank you Helena, I know what you mean I have started back on some book work on laptop and feel like I have RSA after half hour lol, but just using muscles we haven’t used for long periods I guess. Oh the joys, I am putting on those big girl pants you sent for sure 💕

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hollis

Well if it were me I would contact my breast care nurse and seek her advise, she might suggest you book an apt with your GP or just book you in to see them.  Perhaps knowing how difficult it is to get a GP apt you could book one because at least you can cancel it if you dont need it.

Yep know that one, I had an real niggling pain across my back last week, started to panic but then when I gave myself a talking to I realised it was down to the fact that I have been doing my normal 25 hour week and it was arm getting used to sitting at a desk again, but it is human nature for us to think the worst and go into a tailspin.

Sending you a pair of the virtual tough pants so that we can get in the pockets and hold your hands

Helena xx

tough pants.jpg

Thank you Helena,

i had brushed off the bone niggles as on letrazole and anastrazol which does cause bone pain, but then finding the lump sent me in a tailspin! And putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with a 100 now,which is not like me as it’s all been going ok. 

Should I contact breast nurse or doctor? 

Community Champion

Hollis

I know there have been ladies on here who have had similar experiences and they have turned out not to be anything. You are doing absolutely the right thing in getting it checked out so well done you lady xx

The trouble is because of what we have been through previously we automatically fear the worst but try to keep positive, it is very likely that it is to do with an infection somewhere that you are not aware of, especially this time of the year with all the bugs going round.

Sending you loads of hugs

Helena xxx

Sending you loads of

Lump in underarm super scared

Hi all I am super anxious as I have found a swollen lump in my underarm. I had grade 3 removed by lumpectomy in 2017 and radiotherapy no lymph node cancer found in lymph nodes. 

I have noticed a lump in my underarm like a pea inside, and seem to be having some collarbone and shoulder niggling pain which comes and goes. I will contact nurse on Monday but just wondering if it’s normal or anyone else gets lumps underarm? Any help would be appreciated 😬x