61266members
323014posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letrozole

Re: Letrozole

I was having similar problems on anastrozole and felt like an old woman by the time I completed in March this year. But is is worth the struggle in my opinion! The side effects gradually diminish after stopping (although see my latest post today) and best of all......I am still here Smiley Happy)

Re: Letrozole

Hi Helen

you poor thing but please dont stop taking the Letrozole!  I've been taking it for 3 years or more and it did settle after a while.  i am now pleased to be told i will probably take it for 8 - 10 years instead of the usual 5 as studies have proved it makes a difference.  So, if u find it really unbearable what about talking to the Macmillan nurse?  ours are really good at sorting that sort of problem. if not, persevere with the GP or oncologist.  make an appointment and dont tell yourself u dont want to make a fuss. lol. please dont just stop taking it. 

good luck x

Letrozole

Hi, I'm hoping there's someone who can help me. I have been taking Letrozole for over 6 months now and I am really suffering. I have terrible joint and muscle pain, continual hot flushes, chills, insomnia and depression. i have contacted my breast care nurse three times and all she says is to keep trying. I went to my GP and he tried me with Anastrozole but it didn't help either. I have only seen an oncologist once since finishing radiotherapy so I can't ask him. I would like to stop taking them but my husband freaks out at the thought as he's convinced the cancer will return if I do but how can I keep on the way I feel? I felt better while going through Chemotherapy! Is there such a difference between taking them and not taking them? I've tried Googling for answeres but no-one is prepared to give a definite answer. Has anyone else stopped taking it? I do so hope someone can advise me. Helen