Re: Darling buddies from May - moving oni evii girls, some nice

Hi everyone, well Carole will be in 7th heaven googling over the new babies and other little people by now. have a lovely week and store up all those memories for when you get home. Well I didn't apply for the job, partly for good reasons like a lot of stress moving as so much to learn, you don't know friend from foe and who will help you, they currently look after me with regards to lifting, other stuff that reduces my physical load every day. Bad reasons were that I was not confident enough I guess and better the devil you know. Will maybe regret it but at least i know what I am dealing with still. Thought I might be a bit too old too. How did yours go Lisa, any feedback from the first one? I know you were unsure. Good for you, for going for it. Carole the puppy sounds too cute for words as I know exactly what it will look like. Get insurance asap as I know chocolate labs can be very accident prone, especially about chewing and swallowing things. One lives next door to us and the stories of him leaping for balls and then getting them stuck!! Not just once.However he is 13 and the best possible temperament and they are such faithful and loving companions to have, perfect. Is it male or female and do you have a name yet? I want Lisa to get one too please.

Nicky  well sorry but you know I will worry so no point trying not to, we have all been together too long to not carry the worry that a bc dx brings. Anyway I will do the worrying for you, so have a rest for a bit if you can. Keep me posted when you can tell me what you get next. Glad you got to see a boffin so worth the treck to go up there. How's your dear little chap? Any teeth yet?  Yes half term was lovely but went in a flash. it felt like a cafe at time but I don't care as I love them all round and the house full of little people and noise. I sometimes think about retiring and when the alarm goes off at 6.10 it seems a reall good idea. But do you need to go to work to enjoy the holidays as much as I do? Plus can I chance not having a salary at this stage as my pension is tiny, having stayed home for years with my family. Plus I would be available every minute for my mum and she is getting demanding but has no expectation when I am at work. Hmmm double edged sword. Better keep going then. We will visit Portugal as soon as the school holidays start so late July. Tesco are selling Portugese custard tarts!!!! I can't decide whether to try one or wait for the real authentic flavour while there. Victor will love them. Well better buzz off as been a long day and still work to do before I can go to bed. Hugs. Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A quick post from me as I am off to UK tomorrow for lots of baby and grandchildren and children hugs for a week, so if I am quiet don't worry. So excited as little GD is now 5 months old and pretty verbal. I hope to squeeze in a brief visit to Mum too.

Lily you were exactly right, we do not want to be without a dog,....... so on 1 March we are collecting an 8 week old chocolate labrador😁. I am ready to have a new pups and so looking forward to getting him. It will be hard work to begin with, but maybe that is what I need. We will try to cage train at first as I don't want our things chewed, but I know it comes with the territory.

Anyway, Nicky good luck with your appointments, Lisa any news about the new job and the same Lily, have you done anything?

Love to all, xxxx 😀😀😀😀

Community Champion

Hi Lily - don't worry, I'm OK, just not been on here much last week as not much to report.  I'm still keeping quiet about the 'possibles' as I get fed up explaining one thing when in the end another thing ie treatment happens.  I had a second opinion (again!) last week and will be having the recommended treatment discussed with my own onc next week, so no news at the moment.  It was reassuring though to speak to one of the top chaps at The Marsden (again!) so we will see.  It obviously sounds like it takes ages to sort out - which it does - but this seems to be the case with many secondary ladies, with primary it all is fairly stright forward with only so many treatments used and therefore quicker decisions are made.  I am still enjoying the time away from hospitals and blood tests etc but even on a 'good' week like last week I had two days where I had appointments, but luckily no blood suckers.

Hope you enjoyed half term even if the weather wasnt so great.  Back to the grindstone now but the lighter mornings and evenings must make a difference.

How is the job situation ladies - Lily and Lisa?  Any decisions been made either from an interview or deciding if to put yourself forward for a job?  Hoping you have got to the next stage Lisa.

Carole, how are you doing?  Have you booked to come over to visit soon?  I'm sure you would love to but it must be difficult to work out when is best and to deal with the long journey time.

Anyway, will update once I know for certtain, oh, and Lily, let me know when you are going to Lisbon as I think some trips might be better at different times of the year depending on how hot it is.

Nicky x

Hi, we nearly dropped off page one, I hadn't realised it had been soooo long. How are you all? Any news yet Nicky? I hate it when you go quiet xxx

Hi buddies, how are you all this week? Carole the glasses sound a good bargain, well done. Hope they are making everything much clearer for you. You are such an animal lover with the cats and I really think you need another dog in your life before too long.I find that I can't settle without one in the house, having lived all my childhood with at least 4 dogs at a time. I prefer one or maybe two but they make me feel safer. We have cat allergies in the family so never managed to get into cats apart from visiting friends with them, gingers are my favourites. I hope you get a trip sorted out soon to see the family. Thank you for the encouragement with the job and I need it because I haven't done anything about it yet. I am on better the devil you know at the moment. This will probably change every day! You too Lisa and thanks all for the info on providing health details, they seem to have improved these things over the years.Hav eyou heard anything about your interview Lisa? I was impressed that you actually enjoyed their exercise and so I feel that part will have gone really well and be a positive. I think you should start thinking about what went wrong and why as you may still be called back despite what you think. Even if not this job there willl be other interviews. Work on your confidence because you have relevant experience and the rest of the day  went well so you have the skills and really can move on to bigger things, believe in yourself, we all think you can. 

Nicky I would love to hear more about Lisbon. I know the tram stops close to our hotel, which was one of the reasons I picked it and the huge sunroof so I can still soak up a few rays even on a city holiday. I gather the beaches are fairly close too if we want.I have seen a tour of lots of palaces so will try to find out if Sintra is on there.Sounds like our sort of excursion. We walk a lot every day on holiday so sounds just right for us. Victor has to pull me up hills. The first page of the application asks for my date of birth so there will be no hiding of ages for me! That is one part that makes me hesitant as I am at the top of the salaries and therefore expensive and old. Maybe I should re-label that as vast experience ha ha. Yes it is that aspect of being expected to arrive bouncing around and making an impression that concerns me. I work really hard but I have good backup currently and might not have any if I move, no way to find out how it would be. Hmmm need to keep thinking. Unbelievable that the docs have got no further with your mil's dx, how can that be? I am enjoying the week off although so far I have had large numbers of extras for every meal so today was my first relaxing day. Wishing you lots of luck as always plus a good plan of action as you meet up with the onc to discuss what comes next. Also hoping that the extra scans can be more helpful in decision making about the annoyingly persistent little s... that is still lurking. Maybe rads or surgery might be on the table? Keep me posted and fingers crossed as always. Love Lily xxx

Hi all

Nicky your break sounds lovely, I've looked at Lisbon as few times as looks fab. Glad you had a nice break. Back to it,,, when do you get a date for MRI??

Carole, glasses sound fab and good on you for the gym, I need to get myself into some exercise or diet.

lily, I've worried about the BC bit especially when they ask for references which includes sickness absence but from what I can understand they usually only ask for last 3 years....

well, I messed up my interview, I'm still cringing. It turned out wanting more of someone to transform the Admin team which makes it more exciting but they aren't clear on exactly what they want as it's a brand new post. I had prepped so much too. The presentation from them was good and then we had 2 hrs to do an exercise which was about some general questions and then how you would approach the first 3 months of the job... I really enjoyed all this, then we had lunch and met one of the managers who done the interviews last week. She said they were very staged and false so it treat it more like an informal chat at this stage, then the first girl came out and said she was in 40mins and waffle duchess and they looked bored, so by time I went in I was on the informal approach and no rambling.... but I ended up only being in 15mins and totally waffled and didn't sell myself at all so I nearly ran out. Was sooo bad so I'm very confident that I won't get a stage 2 interview....

anyhow drowned my my sorrows in Liverpool singing along to kenny and dolly tribute and took my Mam and dad to the cavern 😍.

night all xx lily enjoy your week off

Community Champion

Hi ladies

We got back late on Weds eve and a couple of busy days followed so I’m only just catching up now. Of course the washing mountain and also seeing little GS - who is far more of a priority than the stupid washing 😊

We had a great time, just managed to get some of the decent weather that they have, although we had read that this time of the year can be unpredictable it was actually very bright and sunny every day, and warm enough to sit out in a sunny spot without our coats on. It was chilly in the mornings and at night, which we knew about so went well prepared with suitable layers and coats/jackets. I can thoroughly recommend Lisbon Lily, if you send me your email again (by PM) I can give some more detail rather than bore everyone else on here, although if the others want to know I can put it on here as well. It is a lovely city, quite hilly but various trams and funiculars make that a bit easier. Some beautiful old sights to see but without it being so jammed packed with them, like London or Paris, that you have to dash from one to the other to make sure you’ve seen them. We had a day trip out, by train, to Sintra which has these most amazing palaces and castles in the hillside where the royals and rich people had their holiday ‘homes’, quite spectacular but even more hilly! Lots of chilling out and lots of walking but we had a great time, just what we needed having both been away separately in January and me knowing that appointment/s loom next week. 

Have caught up briefly with your news and glad to hear all seems to be well with everyone. As to job applications and interviews I understand now that you can’t even be asked your age/DOB any more let alone any disability or health issue. Of course they can work out your age roughly from your cv but you can’t be discriminated about regarding health or disability. So you wouldn’t need to mention anything about BC Lily, and they can’t ask, so go for it if you think it’s the right thing - and it sounds like it is! I know I could in theory get a job and not let anyone know about my SBC but that would be totally unfair on the company seeing as I have so many hospital appointments and SEs from any treatment I’m on. And however much a company wouldn’t be able to discriminate against me I know who would get the job if it was between me and a perfectly healthy person with the same attributes, qualifications etc! 

Enjoy the weekend, we have a catch up weekend, visiting OHs parents who are not in the greatest of health and unbelievably no real cause has been established for his Mums continuing health problems despite scans, blood tests, physio etc. His Dad continues on the slow dementia path which will not get any better and is probably a big contributing factor to his Mums problems. I generally keep out of the decision (or non decision) making process as they are a big enough family to sort it amongst themselves without in laws getting involved! Plus my main focus is always about my health and, as I warn them, my parents 😉

Nicky xx

Wow Lily, yes I think you should go for it, and when you do you can explain the reasons to your boss exactly as you have explained it to us..... more responsibility, more money and less hours and travel.   It's a no brainer!   Unless the application asks if you have had any medical issues then why tell them.   It was 10 years ago and you are fit and healthy now.   Obviously if you go for a medical then it might crop up so that is the time to be honest.

I do admire you girls changing jobs after such a long time.   I don't know where I would begin if I was looking to find a job. Smiley Mad

Yes I have my new glasses Lily and they are great!   Quite reasonable too for France. Normally a new pair of glasses can run into the hundreds of euros, mine are bright pink and purple and only cost 60!   Yes I am keeping up with the gym, it is hard work as she gets me doing a lot of exercise for the legs but it goes to show how weak my legs are.   I saw on TV that as you get older you lose muscle and it is important to build the muscles up whilst you still can.   I also had lost a few grams (wish it were kilos).

Anyway it's a very cold day here and snow is forecast, but I would rather that than the awful rain that we've had for months.   I might have a trip back to see the kiddies for a week this month, just need to organise everything with 4 cats.   One of whom I think is heading for either diabetes, kidney disease or thyroid disease (like his brother, they are both 15 this year).   The younger 2 are ok, but I have to make sure they are separated from each other because the youngest one picks and bullies the grey one.

Take care, love Carole xxx

Hi girls, how are you getting on in this horrible cold weather? Not much sign of snow here yet but the grotters have been out just in case. Hope they are wrong. I had to be outside on duty yeterday and it was so cold. The worse thing is the runny nose as soon as you get indoors and tingly feet as they come round. I was wondering if you had been for your interview yet Lisa. I hope things go well for you and it is a good even though nerve wracking experience. It willl be sad to see all your friend go, that must be fairly soon?

Nicky I am busting to hear about Lisbon and your trip. I have no idea what the temperature would be there in Feb as they advertise all year sun? Hope you had a lovely time and then back to business grrr but some lovely memories. Keep me posted how the next scans and appointments go.

Carole have you got your new glasses yet? Hope everything is becoming clearer now. Are you stilll going to the gym regularly? I admire people who stick at it. I have so much lovely chocolate to eat from Christmas and even more from my birthday that I have the best excuse not to start. Maybe never ha ha.

Funnily enough I have been considering a job change too after seeing something with more responsibility and more money and amuch better journey and shorter hours. Just not sure if I might be a bit old and set in my ways. I am ponbdering it and rang for details so might see what they look like when I read them. Victor heard pay rise and home earlier and said YES. Anyway will let you know if I take the plunge. trouble is I have to tell my current boss when I send an application in, its etiquette and you have to do it, so the cats out the bag as soon as I do. Do you think I would have to mention bc or have a medical? Anyway will buzz off and watch hunted. I love the programme, anyone else watching? Love Lily xxx

Hi girls, how are you today? Lisa I am afraid I won't stay up that late but would have been great, so thank you for thinking of me. Its a mad week at work and the marking is makin me sleepy already - makes a nice change.  Sorry to hear about your friends going Lisa but this should spur you on to new pastures yourself and I am sure you will still meet up socially. What are you going to wear to the interview? I have seen an interexting job myself hmmm, you have me thinking too.

Carole I couldn't see the moon last night so rather annoyed to see an amazing picture of it on the news as seen in London. I am not far away and couldn't see it. However I drove to work this morning and it was infront of me most of the way. So in the end I did see it. Do you have an interest int he moon and stars or just the special events? I think I would do more if not so darn busy at work! Hope the new specs help. Get planning some visits I can detect grandchildren withdrawal symptoms.

Nicky I thought it might be a more detailed test and I find it frustrating that they know so much but cannot see smaller things within the body despite all the new technology. Hopefully in time they will improve. Well I am sorry you have a wait for the tube but you can fit in a holiday so this is an excellent time instead. Bakeries hmmm how well you know me and they are Victor's favourites too, so he will be keen as well. Have a lovely time in Lisbon and forget it all while you are away as that is as good medicine as anything an onc can provide. Enjoy having your little chap to yourself too. What a perfect week or so Smiley Happy  This is my signing out and waking up a bit older still. we got this far buddies, must all be as tough as old boots ha ha. Lots of love Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: Darling buddies from May - moving oni evi

Hi all

Lisa, I wished you happy birthday on FB, glad your celebrating didn't leave a sore head and I am sending across the vibes good luck for the next stage of your interview.   Are all interviews like this these days? In my day it was just a chat and you either got the job or you didn't.

Lily, did you manage to see the super blue blood moon last night?   Our weather was awful so no chance of seeing it here.

Nicky, I am very jealous of two things, babysitting your delightful GS and a trip to Lisbon Smiley Very Happy.  However I do hope you have a great time and manage to have a nice break.   Sounds sensible not to worry until you know what to worry about, I wish I could adopt that attitude at times.  Anyway, enjoy.

Today our weather is better, a bit of sun amidst the clouds.   It has been awful, grey and damp and rainy every day.   In fact for January we only had 2 days of sunshine.   It has been the worst January I can remember since living here (10 years).   I haven't been able to go out for a walk, well a bit of an excuse really as I have wet weather gear, but with no doggie to exercise there hasn't been the need.   My 1/2 an hour of gym is good, I can certainly feel it with muscle aches.   It's surprising how just a few abdo excercises, simply pulling the area in whilst breathing seems to tighten up the tummy.   As I suspected my short sight has worsened and so I do need different prescription glasses. Apart from that everything is ok.

Our GD (whom I only see in photos and videos) is very chatty and gurgly, she is lifting her head up really well and supporting herself on her arms.   Somehow she manages to move about a bit, but not crawling yet which isn't surprising as she is only almost 5 months. I hope to get a visit to them soon, but not sure when yet.

Better get a shower now, before the usual tidying up.   Love to all Carole xx

Community Champion

Glad you didn’t have a headache Lisa - so it was worth celebrating as much as you did! What a shame all the people you’ve worked with and are friends with have now moved on - it just goes to show that when new ideas and management come in they lose the talent they already have. Fingers doubly crossed that you storm through your interview and get to move on and find a new job where you can settle in and find the same type of people. Keep us up to date and let us know any worries you have, we can hold your hand, as always with all of us.

Lily, HB for Friday 🎈🎉🎂Are you celebrating over the weekend as it’s a work day? Let us know what you do, I’m sure it will involve littlies 😊 Will let you know of any places we find in Lisbon that are worth going to either food and drink related or just worth the visit. I know somewhere you will devotedly want to go and that’s to one of the bakeries that do the wonderful pastel de nata - the custard tarts. YD and Ienjoyed a few on our trip to Porto the other year so I will make it my aim to do as much research into finding the best ones just for you 😂😂

Carole, now are you? Are you getting out a bit or is your weather still a bit rubbish? We have had a mixed bag here and I’m not getting out quite as much as I should,  it at least I know I’ll be walking next week every day so I’m not being to harsh on myself. Hoping the eyesight improves as well but knowing nothing about the operation and recovery period I can’t offer any advice.

Anyway, I thought I had mentioned that I needed a further scan but obviously didn’t. It’s an MRI of my liver to see in finer detail what is going on as the CT can only pick up so much. This I’ve had to wait for which is annoying to say the least and even then I have to wait until it is reported on to know what the treatment options are - hence the grabbing of a quick holiday before any new plans start. So I have learnt over the years to not worry (too much!) until I know the results, what I don’t know about I can’t worry about. We will enjoy our mini break and get back to the nitty gritty once we’re back.

Enjoy your birthday Lily, and weekends for all of you. I may not be on here in the next few days as we are baby sitting which I know doesn’t allow me time to do what I want to do!

Nicky x

Hi all, nicky have a fab time in Lisbon and hope the poo doesn't hit the fan xx no sore head today, shocker, but wee bit sad after my best friend at work left 4 weeks ago my assistant got offered a job today, so chuffed foe her but gutted for me and makes me want to stay less now lol.

lily stayed on till exactly 12 so could be first to say happy birthday buddy 🥂🍰🎉🎁🛍🎉.

carole hope your weather is better than here brhhh sleet 😓

Hi buddies, what a cold day it was today and I even saw some people got hail. Son was out fishing in it and sent pictures, never could understand the novelty when it is so cold, although the scenery looked lovely. Carole how are the gym sessions going? My bingo wings could do with a bit of that ha ha. 

Lisa well many congrats on your birthday for yesterday and your anniversary Smiley Happy it sounds like you had a lovely day and a lovely big headache to follow, not so good. Yes me too, my birthday on Friday, son was today and also my 10th anniversary later this month. My anniversary only arrives once every 4 years as it was leap year day so I don't see that date very often. I haven't really told many people, apart from you lovely girls now, but might tell the family on my birthday meet up. Not sure. I like Cath Kitson patterns too, especially on bigger bags and fabrics. What did yours look like?

Nicky well it sounds like you will beat me to Lisbon and I hope you make me even more excited to go. It a good place to have a lot to see without much bother travelling from airports like some cities. Make a note of good eating places as we are half board so we can spend more of the day out and about. Our hotel is next to a big designer street they advertise a lot, if you find that area. I would definitely slot a trip in, good for you. Your lovely ltitle chap visiting too, sounds like a fun time. I really hope the s... isn't going to hit it. You mentioned a further scan, is it another type of scan for more detail or something else? You have made me frown reading that, so i hope you are just preparing yourself just in case rather than having concerns. I like to keep a beady eye on you, as you know and be up to date.

Well better get off to bed as just noticed its getting late and since my bad cold, which is still sniffy after 3 weeks  grrrr I can fall asleep much easier. Hugs Lil xxxxx

Community Champion

Awwwww, belated Happy Birthday Lisa 🎈🎉🎂(I would also have included an emoji or two about wine and prosecco but guess you might not need reminding!) Although you must be hanging today, as my ED would say, you shouldn’t feel bad about celebrating 10 years surviving this awful disease, you’re still here - of course you should celebrate. But maybe have a quieter night tonight eh? 😉Good luck for next weeks interview, a quiet night the night before I think as it sounds like a very intense process. I’m sure you will be nervous but once you get there you should treat it like a new day at your new company and maybe they won’t feel so scary.

No real updates from me as I’m still waiting for a further scan, later this week, and then the follow up appointment/s. OH and I have made the decision to go away for a few days before the 💩hits the fan! We had wanted to anyway but his work trip got in the way, which is why YD and I grabbed the chance to go to Iceland. So we are off for a few days to Lisbon - will tell you what it’s like Lily! A lot colder than when you will be going but it’s looking sunny and it will be nice to be out and about in somewhere a bit warmer than the UK for a few days and get away from all this rubbish medical stuff I have to deal with. So, there may not be much communication from me after the end of the week but will be back on afterwards. Also we have our little GS staying over with us on Friday so I will be getting some early nights before then and getting ready for him. He’s a real chuckler  now and giggles at all sorts of things - getting himself very excited in the process.

Have a good week

Nicky x

Hi all, well few vinos on board tonight so apologies for any mushiness lol.

45 today and marks 10 year anniversary of that drafted lump, day I never thought ide see and touch wood things okay. Had lovely day and soooo spoilt rooted, lots of money for my USA hols, prosecco, wine, Cath kitson bag, echo dot... need to play with this, light up book lamp, glitter lava lamp, candles, pjs, make up, wine, chocs.... very lucky 😍😍😍😍. Head might hurt tomoz, shared a bottle wine with Mam and brother then me and Mam finished a bottle of prosecco and then more wine and prosecco.... damn diet....

lily, yours must be coming up and is your sons around now too???

well carol, my dad needed glasses after his op so you may just need different ops, but change of font is always good.

nicky hope your chilling or researching and having a rest in your week off treatment xx

Trying not to get hunk of interview until tomorrow when it's a week away as I am awful at them, plus my assistant finds out if got a job tomorrow elsewhere so will be chuffed and teary regardless. Oh god, I can't remember if I told you about the interview... so I was thinking hour maybe... oh no. They give a presentation to me and other candidates at8.45am, then a 2 hour exercise but no details, then lunchnwithbstaff, then interview, then if get passed this stage a second day of more in depth interviews.... eeekkkk...

rightnoff to slurp wine and have a late start for work tomorrow 😘😘😘😘😘😘. Love you all

Hi everyone, hope you had a nice weekend. Lisa is the interview coming up soon? Good luck and let us know how it goes. Believe in yourself and your skills will shine through. Carole that is a big font, you are always trying things out, so creative. I am so disappointed that your sight is worse since the op. Why is that? Is it because the catarct covered the blurred vision and now you don't ignore it thinking there is a reason for the lack of sharpness in your vision? Let us know how your check up goes. My mum says its a blue moon and if a clear sky we should see a full moon tonight and another one this month, which is unusual. Lucky you for being able to see them. I love the starry skies you see abroad. Oh boo disappointing about the clothes but something we all empathise with. It doesn't really matter unless it worries you x.

Nicky have you sorted yourself out following the trip. Also good luck with your appointment and the new plan going forward. I will be interested to hear about it and what their thoughts are and most importantly your thoughts. i think yuo could easily hold your own a bc debate with oncs these days. Hope it is positive and gives you a positive lift as you to start the next plan they have for you love Lily xx

Re: Darling buddies from May - moving on

Hi buddies

I'm playing around with the font again as you can see lol.   In fact my short sighted vision has become even worse since the cataract op, I'm having a check up on Monday so think I will need to ask.   I cannot see anything now close up, whereas before I could.

Lisa, good luck with the interview when it comes and well done you for getting to the interview stage.  You've been in your job a long time, but after all the recent upsets I think it is time to move on.   Perhaps feeling down about work hasn't helped with your weight loss? Enjoy your weekend of Nashville lol.

Nicky, your description of swimming with GS takes me back to the days when I used to take my elder 2 swimming, how I managed with 2 I will never know.   Later I went with YD, she also had swimming lessons but somehow never took to the water like her Brother and Sister did. We are lucky to have no light pollution here, so we often see planets, stars and satellites. 

Lily, I have been to Montenegro, but in the days before the war in Yugoslavia.   It was a lovely place and I would like to go back and see the changes. What did your GS pick for dinner tomorrow?   Enjoy your day with your family.

Not much news from me, very quiet, did some clothes shopping yesterday and half my items have to be taken back.  Too small Smiley Frustrated  I did start my gym sessions this week, only 1/2 an hour but boy did my muscles ache the day after. It's surprising how a few simple exercises can work the muscles.

Have a good weekend all, love Carole xx

Hi everyone,well a lot of messages to respond too Smiley Happy this time. Lisa well done and good luck with the interview. That shows you have the skills and experience they are looking for. to fill the vacancy/role. I know you will be scared stiff but your long time in your old job should reassure you that you should feel confident on the day. Def take Nick's advice and look up on the internet. I did for every interview and one time got the exact one they used, so had time to think of a good response. I think what do you think you can bring to this role, is a common question. So look at their job spec and write little notes about which parts you have most experience in. For any you don't, you say well that was one of the things that attracted me to the job because its something I am interested in learning, should I be fotunate to be selected. Do background work on the company so you know exactly what they do and a few bits of info you can drop into conversations. Go get em tiger xx    Carole I think its grand that you got to the big 60 depite everything and Carcassone sounds dreamy. Its on my list now. I want to go to Montenegro while on holiday as it sounds so exciting on the Bond films ha ha. maybe it will burst my bubble when I go there. I am seldom quiet, are you sure? Ha ha. I am pretty busy but fine.

Nicky I am quite disappointed to hear that about the Northern Lights but it still sounded like a fab trip and it would be Iceland I was most interested to see, as it sounds like stunning scenery and geographical sights. Well keep me posted on your treatment plan, as you find out more. Always glad to chat when you need to bounce ideas. Family never quite get it but then that's a good thing too as otherwise they would keep going on about it and sometimes you just want to forget the lot and just be a strong independent person who can do what the hell they like!!!  I find I am much more likely to challenege something someone says than just be quiet and take it straight on the chin these days. Not sure if that is good or bad. Whose bufday is next? We had one of the little boys birthday today but I saw him yesterday to open his tower of presents. Then he has picked dinner for the weekend. Its so funny when the little ones pick what we all eat. I love it. Take care all love Lily xx

Community Champion

Well done Lisa getting that interview!!! It's a difficult process to get in front of someone so the fact you've been chosen is a great first step. I expect things have changed since you last went to one so check out any tips on the internet (where was that when you last needed to be interviewed ha ha) and big up your achievements. Make yourself stand out from the crowd. And if, for whatever reason, you don't get this job treat the process as a learning curve for the next interview.  Good luck and we'll be right with you when you get the date etc.

Wel jel of your holiday to the sun (and possible snow - in NYC!)

Carole, Carcassonne sounds lovely and my parents, who've travelled a lot in France, have said how nice it is. A day by the Med must have been a real treat on your birthday.  Sounds pretty bad weatherwise though where you live - hoping theres no real emergencies for people to deal with.  We have a very small amount of localised flooding which means there's more cars going past our house at the busy times but nothing that's causing huge promblems, unlike other parts of the country.  As to the Northern Lights you realise when you see them that all the glorious photos are done by super duper cameras on looooooooong exposures.  They capture the whole night's sky rather than as the NL appear.  In real life the NL appear as whiter colour and look sort of like a cloud that then moves, very slowly, and sometimes, very slowly, glows upwards.  The photos etc capture all this movement as one image so it looks like the whole night sky is dancing.  Having said that we were so pleased we saw them as, out of the 3 possible nights we could see them, ours was the only night they were visible.  In fact my YD said that if you just stood back and looked at the night sky it was just as impressive as it was so beautiful seeing the stars so clearly as there was no light pollution.

Anyway, I'm enjoying a week away from all the hospital stuff this week and the first week I've had since pre-Christmas thats not been frantic.  Went with ED and GS to his swimming 'lesson' yesterday which he absolutely loves.  Funnily enough it's where ED did most of her swimming as it's being held at a local hotel/fitness centre that we used to be members of back in the day when I used to go to the gym.  Deja vu.

Nicky xx