Community Champion

Re: Darling buddies from May - moving on

Hi 

Lily - our ED hits 30 this year as well and wants to have a family trip to Disneyland Paris, taking little GS with us of course although he’d be too young to appreciate it. We will see how that planning goes but it’s not until the end of the year so we have a bit of time to do it. As she says it’s for her not him so she’s really wanting to go, ha ha. As to GS, yes he is a live wire and even now already shuts his eyes if he slips whilst holding on to something as he expects to bang his head!  He’s been pretty mobile in one way or the other since he learnt to roll from about 5 months so we’ve had to watch him. He now crawls around properly having adopted a commando style crawl as his first way of moving in a proper direction - dragging his body weight along! What he does now do is sit and ply with things which is nice and is quite fascinated by things that spin, and that he can make spin so he’s not on the move all the time now which is nice. As to childminding I will help out on occasions but to be honest with my bone mets and also instability with disease i can’t commit to an arrangement. They have found a nice childminder and ED is changing jobs to a new company when she goes back from maternity to one that is much closer to home, just 10mins down the road, so she can be there for the mornings and evenings which she’ll love. Her current job is a big commute and wouldn’t have worked out although she loves the job and people. They have been really understanding and she’s actually been back working there this week as part of her return to work maternity package which is why I’ve had the little monster! It’s been lovely but my back is not happy at all!

And, yes, I’ve been to Bicester many times and have often popped in when we have been visiting family further up north as it’s just off the M40 which we have to cut across to get back home. It’s has grown and grown since it was first opened and it actually a destination place now for Chinese tourists! And I mean that as an actual itinerary item that a lot insist on as they save so much money on the designer brands they have there. It didn’t have so many of the top end designers at first but has expanded to include them. It’s the nearest we have seen in the UK that is like the outlet places we saw in New England many years ago when we first went to an outlet village. 

I haven’t forgotten you are going to Lisbon but I hadn’t put any top tips as we went in February when it was very pleasant to walk around and therefore we walked a lot. I think in the summer it will be much hotter and busier so it’s difficult to know what to recommend to see other than the main sights. I’d say avoid the trams as much as you can especially the most famous routes. Obviously use them if you want and need to but they get soooooo crowded! Also visit Caiscais which is a seaside town which is meant to be very nice. We didn’t go that way as it was February so headed into the hills to see the mansions, but my parents have been there many times and say how lovely it is. There is a train line that runs there.

Anyway I get a day off from child minding duties today so am catching up on all the things I haven’t been able to get on with this week - they are very time consuming these little people aren’t they. However I am back on duty on Tuesday for my final shift which will be nice as I’ll have had a break over the weekend, and so will my back!

Have a good weekend all.

Nicky x

Hi everyone, phew back after a heavy week of work but just getting into the best time to be a teacher with summer hols on the way and exam fever starting to reduce. Strange that everything gets busy at the same time. I might have weeks of wishing I had something nice to do and then wam they all come together. We have a string of birthdays including yd turning 30. That really makes me feel old but chuffed too at the same time, you know what I mean. So I have the boys for the weekend at the end of next week, dress shopping is on the go every week too and the weather is nice to be out.

Carole we know exactly what your weather was like as you sent it straight to us!! Thank you very much, send us sun sun sun next time if you can Smiley Happy  . I am a mother hen about my kids and although I wouldn't want their relationships to go wrong ever, I love having them back at home. I get really excited when one says can I stay  over. Always been the same. I am not very house proud so perhaps that helps  ha ha. I am sure you will fit back in  together and enjoy it and at least the pup will have someone else to play with and distract him, so that might help you too. I bet it will be great.

Lisa did you remember I am going to Portugal this summer too, staying in Lisbon? Let me know all about your trip if you get there before me. I like the fact that you have the city life, loads of places to visit and great beaches all in the same place. Are you going for a package tour to a hotel or out and about? Mind you, there are so many nice places to visit I think you will enjoy wherever you stay.

Nick I'm glad one of us managed to escape and Rome how fab. I think it was one of my favourite holidays. Just like an adult version of Disneyland, just the real thing. We had a nice break and on the way back went to this amazing village outlet in Bicester. If you are ever that way, you will not believe how many designers have shops there. Very dangerous place to visit with a credit card even if the prices are reduced by hundreds. Handbag heaven and hardly a shop without a security guy on the door as such expensive stock. I imagine its a local wags paradise. Nicky the next generation are fascinating aren't they, you see so much of your own kids in them as a reminder of happy days. Sounds like you will be having to toddler proof your house, boys are nowhere near as safe and reliable as girls be warned. I swear they actually enjoy accidents and danger and look for it. I have a tiled hearth to the fireplace and have it covered in cushions when they are starting to walk as it would be a bad cut if they fell. Tiny , as he was known despite being like a tank now, is a regular visitor to a and e unfortunately, he thinks he is a super hero and charges into anything. Just getting over the latest slip and land on concrete face down. So upsetting to see his little face all battered but he couldn't care less and keeps running around. My son was like that too, always injured and couldn't care less about it. Will you childmind little chap at all when she is at work or is it full time and a bit too much? So sad for mums to go back to work but so many people need to with property prices so high. Its nice if they can choose the amount of work/home to suit what they want to do. My ED would love to be a full time mum but can't afford to, but manages to work part time. Good luck with your run of appointments coming up. Keep me posted how you get on at each one.  It would be lovely if you managed to meet up with Carole, wouldn't it? Take care all. Love Lily xx

Community Champion

Hi ladies 

Lily - how disappointing that your holiday was cancelled, I think we must have just got in with our return flight home so weren’t affected by the storms, although we saw the lightening display on our way back from the airport. As you say you have insurance but it’s all the smaller things that you pre book or arrange that don’t always seem to be covered so it can work out expensive even though you’re insured. I hope you had a good break though in the UK and get another chance to go to Barcelona.

Carole, I know what you mean about YD coming back home to live after several years of independence! Our YD was the same, she’d lived in Paris for nearly 4 years since the age of 18 came back for a short time before heading off to live in South London. We didn’t expect her to return home but her change of career meant she did. By that time we’d also moved to a house that is half the size of the previous one so it was quite a shock to OH and I (more me than him as I’m here all day whereas he’s at work!). The 6 months or so whilst she was on her cooking course were  the worst as she was constantly here every evening so OH and I found we didn’t have time to chat just to each other and had to make allowances for tv, food, all sorts. However since she has started working in the restaurant last year she’s very rarely here at the same time as us and we look forward to seeing her when she is. So my advice is to get her to train as a chef ha ha. Having said that I’m sure you’ll be fine, just a few house rules might be needed at times 😉. Btw I’ll PM you in a min about our visit to France.

Lisa, hope all is going well with you and good to hear you’re looking for another holiday to book - a girl after my own heart. Lisbon is a great city and Porto is like a mini version of Lisbon. Both lovely places for a short break and good value for money. Both are very hilly though so get your walking shoes out if you visit either of them. Also Malaga is brilliant, not like it has been portrayed over the years. Lots of lovely restaurants, a beach, beautiful gardens and plenty of history to look around plus of course great shops, what’s not to like? Enjoy the planning.

Well, not much to report here other than getting back to normal and bracing myself for the weeks ahead when I have all sorts of appointments, all routine but the whole lot landing in my diary at the same time including a heart check up. Factor in a few days looking after GS when ED has her back-to-work maternity days then I’ll be maxed out - and tired out! He is doing so well and is as giggly and smiley as he always was but now has lots of teeth instead of a gummy smile. He keeps ED on her toes, as he does us, but has at long last settled into sitting still for a while and playing with his toys rather than rolling all over the floor (his first mode of movement) which progressed to semi crawling which meant we were constantly having to chase around after him and also stop him bumping his head on things. He is quite fascinated by throwing a ball which he does rather well and i can’t remember either of my two being able to consciously do that until they were much older. ED is struggling to see where he gets his brains from ha ha.

Anyway have a good weekend, hope the rain clouds clear and we get a bit more sun.

Nicky xx

Hi all, glad to hear from you Nicky, Rome sounds lovely it's on my list of places to visit. I'm on the hunt for a mini break to Portugal once our big meeting is done next week.

sorry about your trip lily sounds awful.

carol, hope you're weather has improved. I think there's sound bad weather approaching however for once we seem to be bypassed and it's still almost twenty degrees xxxx

night x

Hello everyone, glad to hear from you all. Nicky the trip sounded lovely and Rome is right at the top of my list of places to revisit. You just can't beat the atmosphere and history everywhere you turn. You have recovered so quickly when you consider how much they did, incredible. Fingers crossed as always for the next scan results. Nice to have a little time on a familiar regime so you know exactly where you are and how you will feel. I think its the unknown that freaks us out more than anything at times.

Well I am still feeling rather sad as I lost my holiday and quite a bit of money as we were due to fly out after the big storm which hit our airport and cancelled our flight. We got trapped in the airport as had gone through security and checked our cases in. They waited until after the flight should have left to cancel it and made no announcements. Eventually an airport staff member advised out to get out of the airport and go back in and start all over to try to rebook. So we had to get out, go through customs, wait to collect cases at the baggage reclaim and then go round to check in again. By now there were bodies everywhere and a queue of hundreds so after a quick word with our travel people, came home while they tried to get us on another flight or  start the holiday on the next day. They couldn't connect it up and all flights (not that there were many) were booked so no holiday Smiley Sad   So we had a UK holiday just what Victor wanted !! So my clothes weren't really appropriate but threw a raincoat and jumpers in the back of the car and had a few days away. I am still so disappointed but we plan to go again. Trouble is I can only go in holiday times so quite a wait. We had a taxi waiting for us in Barcelona, advanced fast track tickets for sites, euros ready, the lot. We were insured but they have T and Cs and excesses so out of pocket for some of it. Lovely to hear about a new baby Carole. Maybe it took them a while to conceive this one as dr's advice is to then have another in under a year as your best chance of fertility. Or maybe they just loved her so much, they wanted to do it all over and have them grow up close. It will be lovely. Lisa you sound like you are enjoying being busy, so maybe the new job will work out better?  Lily xx

Hi Nicky. I'm jealous of your visit to Rome but what a beautiful city. How fantastic that you are recovered nicely to do more, especially before a new treatment regime starts. It would be wonderful if we could meet up when you are in our area. I shall look forward to your PM.

Our weather has been dreadful since the weekend. Rain, storms, sun, and very chilly for this time of year. Last week I had a splash in the pool and a few days later it's not even warm enough to barely go outside.

YD is still doing her work experience at the hospital. She'll be home early July and although it will be lovely having her back I'm not sure how we will both cope with living together again 😂. She's been independent for 5 years so it will be a bit tricky I think. She is not a very tidy person which drives me mad.

Lily I hope your experience of Barcelona is meeting your expectations?

Love to all xxx

Community Champion

Hi buddies

Sorry for the very long absence this time, nothing to worry about, I just didn’t get around to logging on before we headed off to Rome for our first trip post-op. Funnily enough we were going to go to Barcelona but decided at the last minute to go back to Rome as we love the city so much. We stayed in a lovely hotel with a pool so we could both relax by it during the day but go into the city centre in the evening or earlier in the day if we wanted. As it was the first couple of days were a bit iffy weather wise so we did do much more walking than we had expected but I felt up to it which was good. Really had a good time, for both of us, and got back late on Saturday evening so lots of catching up with the washing, gardening etc yesterday and OH still has a day off today which is nice. 

Lily, enjoy Barcelona, we went about 10 years ago so I’m sure nothing much has changed since then. You probably will have gone by now but if not you should also visit the Gaudi house, can’t think of it’s actual name but it is Casa something, very unusual and one of the featured sights to see in Barcelona. We also went up to the Olympic park and swam in the pool, do you remember seeing the diving when it was on when the olympics was held there inthe90’s or whenever it was. A fantastic view over the city which is where the cable car runs to I think. Have fun and watch yourself on the Ramblas, it’s a bit of a tourist trap and definitely a pickpocket haven! And another wedding for you, wow, you must have a lot of outfits by now!

Carole, what a lot to catch up on with your news of another GC! Wow, I’d better not tell my daughter, who had her baby around the same time, she’d have a fit if she found out she was pregnant again! Hope all goes well for them and what a handful. Good to hear your weather has been nice. I mentioned this way back last year but we do have a wedding to go to in your part of the world, however as it was announced so long ago I wasn’t sure I’d be able to go. However we will be going which is nice so I’ll have to PM you to find out if we are anywhere near you when we stay there. We are taking a driving route to the venue so stopping off both on the way there and the way back so we’re not in the actual wedding location for very long so well just have to see if it fits in with our plans. And, like Lily, I hope the bite doesn’t get infected,poor you.

Lisa, glad work seems to be going OK for you after so much upheaval, bet you’re glad for the long weekend in any case but a shame you couldn’t get to see Peter Kay. It’s so difficult when you plan a special concert or occasion and have to book everything else around it but the even gets cancelled. Some friends of ours booked to see some band or another in a European city so had all their flights and hotels booked before the band cancelled! It’s all very well getting your ticket money back but you can’t get a refund for all the other bits and it’s not always a place you would have chosen to visit so a lot of wasted money.

The royal wedding was fab wasn’t it? We watched it all and thoroughly enjoyed it, except for the overlong sermon! I think cutting it in half might have worked better and still got the right message across. I have been enjoying reading all the gossip about what went on at the receptions, particularly the evening one where the guests all seem to have let their hair down - good for them.

Well, I’m back now so will be more in touch than recently. Btw, Lily as you’ve asked, I’m still on the same treatment and have a scan shortly to see how it’s going. Until then there will be no changes.

Nicky x

Hi all, sorry I've been so busy not had time to log on, work is bonkers but am also enjoying it in a weird sort of way. Working most nights till 11pm but should ease up soon. 

Well lily, another wedding, amazing. I haven't been to a wedding in about 5 years. So pleased your trip is back on, it was years ago when I visited so can't wait to hear about it, when I looked at it the gothic quarter looked like a lovely area. Sorry about your mum and uncle sounds like a lot to deal with.

carole, glad the sun is out and seen some lovely flowers on facebook. So sorry about the wee bite, hope it's not too deep.

Nicky, hope you're doing okay and just having a rest and enjoying some freedom xxx

well off to bed, few days off as we get a free day off after the bank holiday so off to Glasgow for two nights, was supposed to be PETER kay but instead it's now just a chill out.

have a Lovely weekend all xx

Hi everyone. Nick we haven't heard from you for a little while, are you ok? Hope you are just busy and catching up with things that you had to put off while convalescing. Are you able to plan some trips yet? Have you found out what treatment they want you to have next? I hope they have a plan that you agree with and gives you some nice time to do what you want.Take care xx  Carole, yes we have been enjoying some nice weather too, at last. I am in sandals and bare legs at last Smiley Happy . No thunder here though. I liked watching all the celebs arriving at the royal wedding. No celebs at our, which is at Easter next year. Yes every person who has been to Barcelona has warned about the amount of stealing and pickpockets so I have been warned. We have used that exact website to advance buy tickets for sagrada familia which looks incredible. We could have stayed in a hotel right close to it but decided to stay in the Gothic quarter to be more central. Then we can set out each day to different places.  Your dog is a rascal, I hope the bite did not get infected. I think here you have to get a shot if it breaks the skin much. Does Aero have to have a rabies shot in France? What lovely news about another grandchild, congratulations. Another little person to visit Smiley Happy.  Lisa how are things with you?  Well I am off before too long and have been trying to plan everything I want to see, to make the best use of our time there. Wew paid quite a small extra amount and managed to arrive early and leave late, giving us a lot more hours. Well better buzz off. Hugs. Lily xxx

Hi all

Well since Friday we have had super weather, it has been really warm although that usually means an almighty thunderstorm.   We've had a few bangs but nothing much.

Lily, another wedding, how lovely we all get excited about weddings don't we and yes, I did watch Harry & Meghan's, but like you recorded it so I could skip all the boring commentating.   I did think the American priest/reverend was a bit OTT, however the guests didn't know whether to laugh or cry lol.  Don't they make a lovely couple.  Will MD have a summer or winter wedding?   I wish I could go to Barcelona, it really is a beautiful city, but always very busy and take care of handbags, purses, wallets etc. as there are plenty of pick pockets, like any major city I suppose.  Tiqets is quite a good site to get online tickets, we did that for a couple of places we visited last year in Italy, it does skip some of the queues.   I haven't been on the cable car, or the beach in Barcelona so it looks like we have another trip to come.

Aero is now going through the night, that is such a bonus.   He fell into our swimming pool yesterday accidentally, I saw him go under the water and then come up and he was swimming, but then went under again.   It seemed like minutes but was only in fact a few seconds until we could grab him to get him out.  The adventure sent him completely doolally!   So excited he was and ended up jumping up and giving me a nasty bite on my arm.   I know he didn't mean it but it bloody hurts still and carried on bleeding for a while.

We have some exciting, but surprising, news.   We will be having another grandchild next January (so a capricorn like me).   When told I didn't now how to react as GD is only 8 months old now so will be 17 months when the new baby arrives.   Maybe a bit too soon but I guess they will have to manage with 2 toddlers. I know it's very early days yet but hopefully all will be ok.  I was sent a video of GD giggling away which was so lovely.   I feel a trip to see her must be soon.

How are you both Lisa and Nicky?   I was surprised when I googled that the liver only takes a couple of weeks to be back to normal size.   It will no doubt take you longer to recover.

All for now Love Carole xxx

Hi girls, how are you all? Well it was a busy weekend with the wedding and the footy to watch. Were you watching any of them? It was hard to miss to be honest. I watched most of the wedding later, on record as I was going out just after the vows. It was amusing to see them all trying no to laugh at the very animated sermon. He was very passionate about his point, compared to the usual clergy we see at these events. I enjoyed seeing all the outfits and celebs arriving at the start. I was trying to work out what sort of colour and outfit I should try to get for our next wedding. Did I tell you we have another one, MD this time, next Easter. Victor suggested I could re-use one of my others. NO chance. We are starting looking for wedding dresses soon she says, as she has no idea what style she wants or will suit her. Unlike the rest of us girls in the family she is very slim hipped and I think may suit a different style of dress.We had a street party in our road and people had gone to so much trouble, it was nice that they did it. I just went later as we were at a national flower show event, which runs locally each year. Lovely weather and I have bought rather too many plants as usual. Hoping to start the summer flower tubs tomorrow to brighten up the front of the house. Are you all planting and growing things this year? Nick you used to grow some veg, can you in this new garden? Carole how is your going as you are usually ahead of the UK?

Well my trip is back on so everyone start telling me everything I need to know about and see in Barcelona, so no need to sympathise Lisa. We go in just over a week so there's a lot to sort out quite quickly. I have printed off a few things which suggest itineries of places to visit. I didn't realise there was a cable car, have any of you visited and been on it?They have all sorts of discount cards you can buy ahead but its not very clear if they are worth getting.   Nicky hope everything is continuing to improve and feel more comfortable to do al the things you want to. Any news on what you will have next, regimewise or a bit of a break to make sure you have recovered enough to start? Have you got an idea about what you hope to do next? I know you are really good at reading up so I am sure you will have your own thoughts about what is next. I could see a number of paths from this point so i guess there will be quite a debate. Its brilliant that there are so many more options to consider. I am so pleased for you. Hugs Lily xx

Hey Nicky that is great news.   So presumably your liver is now cancer free?   How odd that you've had a different type of BC with the liver.  Is the hormone treatment now treating the bones secondary? I'm glad you have managed to get out and about, although don't go overdoing it just yet.

Lily you do have a lot on your hands with your Mum and Uncle, as well as a family and a full time job. Are you getting on ok with your new computer?   Fingers crossed for your Barcelona trip. It was the F1 yesterday in Barcelona and I have lucky friends who went to watch.

Lisa, I really want to see the Avengers film, I love all those fantasy action movies.   Great news that you lost over half a stone in weight, well done.

Our weather ranges from being hot and sunny one day to very wet and chilly the next, no two days are the same.   I feel sorry for all the holidaymakers that come to our region because they must feel so disappointed. When it's dry our region is beautiful.   We've had our woodburner on a few times in the last week.  Looks like I will be ordering more wood Smiley Frustrated

Little pups is doing very well he now is clean and dry all through the night from 23.00 to 09.00 so not bad.  He is 19 weeks old today.   He still mouths at us but the kong bone we fill with treats helps keep him quiet for a while.  I will see if I can post a photo of him,

I had better go and get dressed, but it's so cold and wet I think I will need to find some winter clothes which I packed away last week when I thought the Spring had arrivedWoman Sad   Love to all Carole xxx

Hi buddies, how was your weekend? Carole are you ok, been a bit quiet recently. Hopefully enjoying family home and catching up on jobs. Lisa what's keeping you busy that late in the evenings? Are you bringing work home or making more jewellery? Are you still doing as much? You ahven't mentioned it for a while. Well Barcelona may be back on again hooray. Will keep you posted. Mum is getting tricky and so emotional that its difficult to do or say the right thing. Telling her I am doing anything especially holidays is a minefield. Still, we still have her so will keep trying to keep her on a more even keel if at all possible. My uncle managed to make all the circuit breakers go and I have been spooning mushy potato out of his freezer. His dementia means he doesn't know when anything is wrong, no matter how many times I ask. Would have helped if mum had told me he was boling water to make her a cup of tea. Anyway he is overjoyed that the lights and everything work on the fridge and looks at his kettle as though it is a miracle when it boils, which was very sweet and made me laugh. 

Nick I think you and I dx years back that you might have 2 types of bc going on. Maybe you and I should become consultants lol! I am like you never thought about margins until they told me they were ok and thought I would have been devastated if they had said there weren't, as unprepared for it. As you say it might easily have been a different result that they told you they had got most of it but not all. That was a spectacular result then, well done. They took other parts of your liver too, so do they have the same triple neg dx or were they hormone positive? Maybe it had just changed and you picked the perfect time to catch it.This is very useful information for the team. How do they feel about the triple neg part of it, Is there any merit to having some chemo or can they say the op got everything so its all hormone treatments now? I feel like you are in a really good place, had so much surgery and the procedures to get to this amazing point.It has been such good news and you were so brave to see it all through.  I also think there are a lot of questions too, as always. I know you will be on the case. After all you are on a very different pathway now following the surgery. Its the marathon for you now Smiley Happy Love Lily xx

Hi all

Nicky glad to see you are doing so well, it's like a new release when you can drive yourself. Results seem surprising but it's very good that you've had the op and can now look at alternative treatments. Xx

Carole, glad your having a break from dog duties, well sharing the load and nice having family around.

Lily, really feel for you missing out on Barcelona. Need to get looking for next school holiday and sorry to hear about your mum dramas and sun dramas lol

nothing much to report here, been working till aroun 11pm every evening so tired, but sorry to say it's been glorious here today so sat in sun sipping prosecco which isn't going to help the diet. Lost 9lb this week, first week big loss so not thinking will have any success this week.

took my niece to avengers she likes things like that, strangely I enjoyed it but looking forward to Mellisa McCarthy more with friends tomorrow night.

well better go and see how my freckles are reacting to the sun lol. Love lisa x

Community Champion

Well, what happened to the sun? It’s back to being cold and wet again after being so hot last weekend. I feel sorry for all the weddings taking place this weekend and saw some very summery dressed guests walking back to their cars from our local church earlier this afternoon. Bet they’re chilly! But at least it was before the rain started.

I hope the weather improves when you get your weekend away Lily, even though you’re not going abroad there’s plenty to see in this country, you just have to keep your fingers crossed for the weather.

Well, an update from me. I’ve now been signed off from the surgery team having made good progress. I just need to have a liver MRI as part of the research part I signed up for which will go alongside the CT scan planned as a general check to see how I’m responding to my current hormonal treatment. At least it’s been put off for a few weeks which is nice. Recovery is going well and I’m out and about driving again which makes a difference I can tell you! Just short trips here and there but no longer a prisoner in my own home and asking family and friends to get things from the shops for me. I’ve also been out and about walking more this week which has been good. The other part of my follow up appointment which was another curve ball in my long standing secondary BC saga was that I got the results back from the surgery about the histology of the removed tumour. Clear margins were taken which I hadn’t even considered, as far as I was concerned I was hoping theytook most of it away, it wasn’t thinking of margins. But strangely it turns out it was triple negative! Which explains why it’s been shrinking whilst on chemo but not responding when I go onto hormonal treatments! All very odd but it definitely made me glad that I’d made the right decision to have surgery, however long the recovery period is and the discomfort I’ve had. I don’t think it (the largest lesion) would have ever gone if it hadn’t been surgically removed. Funny though that biopsies which were taken from that lesion haven’t shown this, I just think the lesion was a mishmash which made it difficult to treat. A rogue lesion as I kept calling it Anyway. It also might mean that I still could go back to the previous hormonal I was on as everything was stable except this large lesion which wouldn’t have been surprising if it didn’t have any hormone receptors.

Thats my update for now, hope you have a good weekend, we’re not up to much, just the usual bits and pieces but it would have been nice to sit outside like we did last weekend, brrrrrr.

Nicky x

Hi everyone. Carole its my own silly fault so I don't deserve any sympathy. I am putting up with the after  aeffects going slowly and a dodgy looking nose! YD is in a similar state. It will pass. Yes I have aloe vera and that really helped and very quickly to remove the sting but now suddenly it is making my face much redder so I am easing off it. Yes the smoking thing is tricky as its making mum have to reach for her inhaler so probably shouldn't have to put up with it. If you smoke it is very difficult to disguise especially from people who don't.  Must have been nice for you to have everyone home for the bank holidays. How is your daughter getting on?

Well Barcelona is off as a work crisis means we can't go that weekend and then I have to be back at work boooo. So it looks like a UK break, possibly Cambridge or Oxford in the running at the moment. I guess at least I won't need to watch the sun so much as abroad. I am disapppointed but have said I am still owed a birthday trip in another school holiday instead. We will see. I read your Barcelona review Carole oh it did sound nice Smiley Sad 

Lisa have you started the dreaded diet you mentioned? Its tough going to make progress isn't it? Good luck. Nicky how have your appointments gone? Will they scan the liver to see what's happening at intervals or let you have a bit of peace for a bit longer? Are you driving now? Will be lovely to have your independence back I am sure. Better buzz off love Lily xx

Lily, so sorry to hear you are suffering after enjoying a bit of sun and sea, hope it doesn't keep it going for too long.  Aloe vera is good for sunburn, the real stuff is best.   Mine came from New Zealand and is a very good quality.   It's also good for insect bites and sore skin in general.

Sorry to hear about your Mum's problems.   Surely if the carer had been smoking in her own time there isn't much you can do?   I think she might be entitled to a fag break, but not sure particularly if the smell distresses your Mum.   Difficult that one. I also dislike the smell of someone who has been smoking but not for health reasons, just find it unpleasant, even though I used to smoke!

Your pup sounds lovely cuddling up to the cats.   Our boy just wants to play with them, but the oldest 2 at 15 (gosh they've just had a birthday) doesn't want to play.  When they are sleeping he is fine and doesn't pester, it's just when they are walking around. The collar is not a shock, it lets of a beep that only the dog should hear, and also I think it vibrates too.   I suppose he will grow out of it one day but it is annoying.   As yet he doesn't bark at the sound of other people or someone coming to the door, like you say that is a good bark.

Our bank holidays this week are tomorrow and Thursday.  A lot of businesses shut down for most of the week.   Mr P and YD are both here at the moment which is nice.   A bit of a break for me from pup duty lol.

Lily Barcelona is fantastic, definitely one I could go back to again and again.   I loved the Cathedral Sagrada Familial, which is still in the process of being restored.  It is awesome. The shopping is great too and there is a big Department Store, El Corte Ingles in the main square that offers tourists discounts in you produce your passport.  Well, it did the last time I was there which is about 6 years ago. There is a lot to see there and I still don't think we saw everything either time we have been there.   I would love to go with Mr P to see the Barcelona Grand Prix.   I'm thinking of looking at this for Mr P's special birthday next year.   We are lucky, it only takes approximately 4 1/2 hours for us to drive to Barcelona.  I am sure you will love it.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone. Nicky take care and Lisa what are you up to?   Love Carole

veryone, how are you this lovely long weekend? Carole, we have a bank holiday and 4 days of sun so enjoying the extra day this weekend. es we had our heating back on too. A strange year weatherwise again already. No I haven't used that type of colour but haven't been put to the test like you have been. Glad its not a shock one as they seem unkind but maybe I just don't know enough about them to judge. Just know I wouldn't like it done to me. I have a barking dog too, if anyone dares to come up the path but I do allow that most of the time as it lets people know we have dog security! Our dog was brought up with a cat who used to carry the pups around so she loves and respects them. When she stays at dogsitters they are always amazed that their cats cuddle up with her. Just experience when young I think and giving off the right signals.

Lisa I am glad you have some antibiotics to clear the bad chest. I wouldn't give it another thought if it is dx as bronchitis and clears up, only an infection would with the tablets.When you work out the easy way to lose weight, write a book and you will be a millionaire. I think every year you get older, your metabolism slows. So no hope for me ha ha. I did see that 10 year anniversary slide in, well done and I am very pleased they gave you a clean bill of health. Now go out there and have some fun. Mum has descended into the worst state after deciding she does not like her new carer. The woman seems absolutely fine to me. Yesterday she turned up and had been smoking and that was the final straw. I'm not sure how the land lies on that matter. Mum has chronic asthma and smoking is the number one cause of that condiditon but is the woman supposed to have her own rights? I really don't know. i did think the poor... probably needed one to pluck up courage to go back in, after a very tough week with her!!!   I dread the next day's episode. Carole I am empathising with you throughout all this.   Nicky the bluebells are so pretty aren't they? The bottom of my garden is a sea of them although the pink and white versions are trying to take over a bit. You would think the blue would be strongest in a plant battle? How are you feeling now? Has it been better or a bit worse as you try to do more things? Be careful and don't rush it.

Well I sneaked in a long weekend break to the coast and just back today, fried skin unfortunately from a sea breeze that didn't alert me to the climbing temperature. Very silly and I could kick myself, very uncomfortable and serves me right. Jolly lucky it wasn't warm enough to take many clothes off! I am currently looking for another slightly longer break later this month. Just been online and found a lot to Spain, mainly Barcelona/Salou. Has anyone been? ED is always saying you must go to Barcelona. Found some good deals online for £200 half board for 4 nights in big hotles , so thinking about it. With the highest factor cream ever now I know what sunburn feels like. Never again!! WEll better buzz off as  catching up on work. Hugs. Lily xx

Community Champion

Enjoy the sunny Bank Holiday weekend - all of you who are in the UK of course. Just pottering around for us, which is nice plus a trip out to see the bluebells which we do every year, luckily we have lots of bluebell woods near us so it’s not like it’s too far to go. That and a bit of gardening should do the trick - but no heavy stuff for me, will leave that to OH.

Nicky x

Hi all, I'm alive sorry work has been exhausting and plus had bronchitis again, had 5 days of pills but not quite cleared it. Looked at my records and it's the 4th time in 2 years, I seems to spend months trying to get the tail end of the cough away, then it's comes back, hopefully nothing sinister as pills do seem to help. Had 10 year check up too.  Nothing to report here just work work and more work. Diet started yesterday as gained over 2 stone and look hideous but just cutting down on everything, I just couldn't get into it when I felt lousy with coughing, no sleep and long hours but turned a corner hopefully.

nicky, it's amazing how well your doing, take it easy when first driving, maybe a wee cushion to protect yourself, or keep being shipped and chauffeured around xx

lily, dog sick from grass is just as uk eh.... have you booked a holiday yet? I'm having holiday blues already lol.

carole, sounds like pup is keeping you very busy.glad weather is a little better. But brighter here today and love light nights 😍.

better go and have a cuppa and to for an hour, rock and rock lifestyle lol