Re: Darling buddies from May - moving on

Hi,
beetroot booby reporting again!!! well the spots have gone but I look like I have been to Jamaica for 3 weeks now!! I wouldn't mind if I had the holiday too! I hope it is calming down now. Sorry don't want to put you off Julia, just keep blasting the aqueous cream on whenever you think of it. I have a tube of it so took mine in and applied it in the changing room each time before leaving. Good luck with yours, it is quite bizarre lying there when everyone runs out the room and first the warning sirens and then the mega loud buzzer goes off. Nothing unpleasant just made me jump out my skin each time.
Not sure what type of swimwear would cover my brown rectangular patch. I still had the blue dyed skin from the SNB so it has mixed with the red and gone a sort of fossilised green now!!!! Very fetching I must say. Hope the surgeon does not think I have a gangrene boob!!!LOL. My appointment is the 12th so good job I checked the date. Think it is a touchy feely check and look at the surgery site, which is almost invisible now so he will be pleased with himself. Shame I met Zorro when I went across to the cardio vascular team, who wrecked his careful tunnelling work!
Lorraine thanks you have picked up exactly the thoughts running through my head. It is the reassurance I will miss but that was one of the reasons for going on the trial, so I had more medical contact, knew this would be a wobbly bit for me for a while. Fantastic costume, wish I could have seen you. How is Victor now? Also so sorry to hear about your back pain, be careful. Angie nice break till Feb for you. Are the moving plans going well? Nicky hope you will share the new dishes with us so we can be envious. I am going to try really hard to enjoy lettuce next year!!! Boooo.
Lisa your hair colours were amazing, laughed at your Mum's story at the christening.
Well hope you all had a good first day in 2009. I had everyone here and it was a lovely start to the year.
Lily x

hi everyone, i also hope that its a good year for us all, i wish you all joy,peace, health,and happiness.

Lily 2008

well done girl! it seems so strange when everything comes to an end doesnt it? you are relieved, scared, excited and miss the reasurrance you get while going through treatment. i too was unsure about getting back to work, will i manage my energy levels? what if i need time off? and loads of other things. but i just decided to go for it, and see what happens, theirs nothing we cant handle after what weve been through! and the feelings are their even if its not about work, (must be the hormones) and i still have occasional horrid thoughts of what this disease might mean, but i just throw them away and walk on enjoying everyday.

nicky 08

what a shame you didnt enjoy new years eve, but theres plenty more ahead, and at least you had your tipple you enjoy. we had a great time, people thought it was hilarious when i turned up as a granny, i couldnt keep my false teeth in and talk at the same time, so they ended up in my glass. i wasnt very glamorous, badly applied make up, granny clothes (petticoat below me skirt, stockings down my ankles, grey hair (not all mine ) headscarf, cushion up back to provide my hump and walking stick, but it was worth it to make everyone laugh.

really like the new thread name, well done! and best wishes for 2009 everyone i havnt mentioned.

need to go and feed my belly, (well dont need to, but going to,) so i will speak to you all later and remember to enjoy each and everyday, its up to us.

take care. x my next appointment is 14th Jan,

my next appt isn't until Feb.... woohoo. That will be my 1 year post op!

Hi,
I had quite a quiet night in with our American cousin (who announced that he had to be at the airport before 5.30 am on New Years Day!!!), hubby, BIL and my Grandson. Our other visitors came down with chest infections and heavy colds and stayed away. Little chap vomited all over me (chocolate flavoured) at 3 am so not exactly a big celebration, to say the least! Everyone else phoned in to shout happy new year from their various parties. I had some champagne from a fab Harrods hamper that arrived from relatives for christmas, so quite relaxed but nowhere near hangover territory as having 11 here for dinner tonight and I need my brain to function as well as post chemo allows. Woke up with a red spotty, sore chest and some discomfort from the rads. Strange that it is bothering me after the event, the nurse said you are like a microwave, you will keep cooking and peak 7 - 10 days after finishing. Youch hope it does not get too much worse. Still its done so all the rest is time to get back to normal. Work is looming - argghhh and hooray, can't decide. Went to get some more novaldex tablets and very pleased my Gp said yes to them and allowed himself to be bullied into giving me 2 monthe prescriptions. Told hime I was still trying to talk myself into a flu jab before going back into school. so he dashes off gets one and stabs me in the arm before I know it!! No side effects so far just a lump. I think it might be quite a while since he gave anyone an injection, threw it like a dart at me!!
So Happy new year everyone and lets shut the door on 2008.
My new motto is Smiley Happy
'it doesn't matter where I am, its who I am with that counts.'
My resolutions are
1. to loose 2 stones
2. to do a small amount of regular exercise
3. to remember the dark places I have been and be happy with less than I used to
4. to keep a sensible work/home balance and keep time for me/ the family.
5. to be happy

Come on, so when is your next appointment?? Mine is Jan 9th for a 9 month check with the surgeon.(Some things don't change, do they)
Love
Lily x x

Heya Ladies...

Wow what a night.

First things first... Congrats Lily on finishing the rads and making it all the way to this new year and new thread... woohoo.

We went to the pub next door. Too hot had to leave. Then the other pub... where they were demonstrating the act of enforced fun. ie crap music very very loud... conversations went like this... Hi... EH....I said Hi... CAN'T HEAR YOU.... WOW NICE HAIR... thanks... CAN I STROKE IT.... sure... WOW IT'S LIKE PUPPY FUR. I was stroked by at least 5 people (all good friends)... then we decided we didn't need to noise and heat and left, we cooled down in about 20 secs in the minus 7 that it was outside.

Then we got home and turned out jools's hootenany and was just in time to see Annie Lennox doing Why... that was it I'm not sure who blubbed first but I think even the dog did a bit. What an amazing performance really she was stunning. Sent a shiver it really did. sniff.

Hardly drank really, no hangover this morning at all, that's a first for me.

Anyway I'd best go do my email now and leave you all to recover...

new years resolutions... well I quit smoking last year so that just leaves:

More Fun
Less Stress.

Smiley Happy

Love to you all

Angie

Community Champion

Hi
Wow - we're here on our new thread! Happy New Year to one and all. Have the hangover from Hell, which in a way must be good as at least it means I had a (yep, just the 1!, OK you can say liar liar pants on fire)) drink last night! The evening was a disaster - 'luxurious' meant 'from Iceland' ! Disco meant 'music up loud' ! Cancelled our 1.30 am taxi and got a lift back earlier with one of our friends who wasn't drinking. Mistake was continuing to drink when we all got back to ours so went to bed at 4am and woke up with headache, hmmmm, do I really want to drink more than last year as a NY resolution? Basically the night summed up my year - cr@p - so, onwards and upwards. Hope all of your New Years were better and you had a great time, BTW we still enjoyed ourselves as we were with good friends who have seen us through this (or should I say last?) year.
OK, New Year Resolutions:
To drink more than last year! (being tee total for so much of it means this is the 1st year I've ever said that)
To try at least one new recipe each week (my youngest will spur me on for that one - we've got loads to get through)
To go for a long walk at least twice a week (work and weather permitting)
To remain positive - goes with the territory
To seize the day

Love to you all and huge thanks for being there (and here) for me. Hope we all keep in touch even though BC shouldn't be ruling our lives and totally understand if anyone needs to move on and get off this website ;-)
Happy 2009
Nicky x

Darling buddies from May - moving on

Hi,
hope you all wiggle your way over here from our other giant thread.
Just want to wish you a very Happy New Year and hoping that 2009 will be much better for all of us.
Go make those dreams happen
Love
Lily x x