Re: Darling buddies from May - moving on

Hi buddies, how are things with you all? I hate these chillier mornings, bring back the sunshine. I would always rather be hot than cold. Carole glad mum didn't have sepsis. She is amazing isn't she, 92! Mum is the same doing so well for her age but driving me insane at times. Do you think we will end up that way! How is your back? Nicky I will enjoy hearing about your Italian travels, have a lovely time. Not sure when you planned to go.  Lisa how is the diet going? I just hate them and want to press a button and be exactly how I want!! Now the person who manages that will be a millionaire. I have no will power at present so not even trying to be good. probably not the best idea with another wedding next year.  Must buzz off today but talk soon love Lily xx

Hi all, happy weekend, I so love weekends, today is a pj day doing some housework and prepping some meals . Thanks for your support but I'm fine, think I know who the person is and it's their issue, not a very nice person so I'll be smiling so sweetly and be extra nice lol.

carole, so glad your mum hasn't got sepsis I watched my uncle with that and it was awful. Hope you have a lovely video call, how lovely. Think you've probably done right re the op for you right now.

lily, yes it is lovely but I hardly notice the lakes which I must change, your OH is right, it always rains 🤣😂. Love rugby but the legs are just an added bonus lol. Diet going okay another 3lb so that's 11 in 2 weeks so hoping to hit my stone next week, few things coming up so want to have a good few weeks and actually enjoying it, but tonight is wine night and fake KFC so happy days. Good luck in your shoe.

nicky, hope you're off on hols soon, can't wait to hear all about it so love Italy, I really want to go to Rome 👍. I'm with you on the food shopping, my parents go nearly every day, I go as little as I can hate it lol.

Well of to make some food, wish me luck x happy weekend all, just want it to last a bit longer x

Happy weekend everyone

Hate mail, why do people have to be so horrid? It's usually centred around jealousy so I would agree with Lily. How is the weight loss? 

Nicky you are in Italy? How lovely I did enjoy what we managed to see but there is still a lot we didn't see, so a trip back one day I think to revisit.

Lily, good luck with whatever plant you show at the horticultural show. I know what you mean about watering, we have had to it lots, then we stopped for a few days now our forecast is for the upper 20s for the next week so I'll be back to watering as Mr P is away.  You had a hangover?   Still as long as you had a nice day/evening, did you see a show?

I'm pleased to say Mum doesn't have sepsis after all, so they stopped the ABs and will no doubt be sending her home. I think these hospital visits are going to become more and more frequent.   She hasn't listened to any earlier advice about letting the Carers help her with walking, showering, letting them heat her food in the microwave etc. etc.   So what can we do!   Absolutely nothing. Even with dementia she is a stubborn old mule who will be 92 next month!

Our little GD is 1 year old today.   So I'm going to do a video call.   She is nearly walking but just not quite yet.

On that note, better get some breakfast before calling. Have a nice weekend everyone xxxx

Hi everyone, how are you. I love friday evenings, end of the week and no work for a few days. They wizz by too fast though. I have a lot to do this weekend as it is my horticultural society show and I am an official. Been in the garden tonight trying to find things that look well enough to enter. Terrible year for the plants, especially as I refused to waste water to save them. Still very dry down here with little rain. I was in London last weekend and stayed over, which was a nice change except my hangover took out most of the next day. Never again! I rarely drink and it seems to hit me harder because my tolerance is pathetic. I had a very nice time on that evening though lol. 

Lisa what a shock to have hate mail after the first nice one. Some people are just poos, there is nothing better to say about them. Don't take it to heart, you know its just jealousy as Nick says. Must be someone who you got promoted above but thought they should have got the job. Not sure yet about Barcelona, it is the trip we lost but a lot on with family so will be a last minute deal again if it happens. Its a cheap city to visit when i looked at prices of flights and hotels. You like your rugby don't you? I have only watched family playing so just school stuff. Do you go for the game or the legs ha ha. Funnily enough my son was in your area doing via ferrata recently. He came back telling us we had to move up there because he loved the scenery. OH said there's a reason they have so many lakes, it rains a lot !!! Ha ha. Bit far to drive to work each day for me too. Would love to meet you and Carole one day. Just need the kids to drive a bit further when we holiday in the UK. Think its 5 - 6 hours drive from us. I am not hooked on bake off and first dates yet but watch them occasionally. Like first dates so probably need to series record it so I don't miss it. We have been hooked on bodyguard and I watched 90 day fiance once and now watch every series. I can't believe how gullible some of them are. Good luck with the diet. Its really annoying when money needs to be stretched for nice trips. Hope you get to do all you want to do. How is mum now?

Carole I was very sorry to hear mum has sepsis as I know it can be life threatening. Please keep us posted and i hope she can fight her way through it. So diffcult the dementia thing as you want them around but the outlook is bleak when they get to a certain point and suffering for families can be tough. Hugs. My oldy with dementia fell asleep after putting the oven on so I am left wondering what to do for the best. No fire but there was smoke and the fire alaram went off and the care company rang through to check he was ok. The news on your back was not good either. i hope the jabs work but consider how long they can hold it off as it would be safer to have it done before damage more severe and painful. What a recovery time!! Sounds daunting but maybe easier to cope with now than when 10 or 20 years older? Good luck with the injections. Your daughter did so well, congrats. The G P sounds exciting. Victor would love it. Are we all heading for Barcelona?   Nick are you making plans to look around a lot on your trip to Italy or is it a more relaxing holiday? Weather should be warm but cool enough to get some walks in. Always lots of hills and things to climb up in Italy. Yes I love the autumn leaves and colours but hoping it will not arrive too soon. i am still hoping for more sun. This weekend is supposed to be good. Carole and I would definitely say stay out of the inlaw trouble because one set is tough and it comes to most of us in time. Enjoy yours being ok and well.  Better buzz off as I am hoping for a good sleep after nights of insomnia. love Lily xx

Hi all, I'll try not to make another mammoth post but it's not going to be easy.

Mum is back in hospital with Sepsis.   She lasted around 2 1/2 weeks back at home, was so confused that she didn't know where she was. The nurse diagnosed a urine infection last week and apparently she has been on anti biotics but kept telling me she hadn't had any.   She made up stories about the Carers not going into her etc. etc.   It is very difficult to know when she is lying, but apparently that is part of dementia.  My sister was away on holiday for 2 weeks, my brother was left in charge and according to mum he never visited her when in fact he did.   I phoned every day and tried to keep the conversation light.   She was admitted on Wednesday, the day my sister returned from holiday.   She is not on iv ABs so will possibly not keep her for long.   We all think she needs more care as it seems the dementia is getting the better of her.  She still doesn't eat, barely drinks and there is nothing anyone can do, it's like self harm!

On my front, I had the MRI and long back xray.   The neuro surgeon wants to operate, using a frame rods and pins around the vertabrae and then decompress the trapped nerve along with fusion.   I am not going to have this surgery, it involves (along with the risks of the surgery) a long recovery of about 3 months needing

someone to be at home all the time as no driving, no passenger, no bending, no lifting, no dog walking and more.   It's impossible to recover for that length of time as you know, Mr P is frequently away.  So I am going for the option first of anti inflammatory/steroid injections to see if that will help.   It's better than the other option.

YD has found a flat she will be moving about mid October.  It's about 45 mins away so not too far and whilst she is setting up her business she will get some help from the Government as they're trying to encourage young graduates to start up self employment.   I forgot to mention that she passed with Honours her Masters degree so we had a small celebration for her.   We are extremely proud parents.

The weather was really hot and sunny, until yesterday and so now feels very autumnal.   We desperately need some rain which has been forecast but hasn't appeared.

I'm excited because next May we are having a little holiday in Barcelona, and we are going to the Grand Prix.    Can't wait for that Smiley Very Happy

I'm sorry it has been all about me girls, I will try to catch up or at least keep up with your news.

Love to all and take care Carole xx

Community Champion

Hi ladies

Lisa, well done you for all the positive feedback about the work you are doing. Ignore the troll, they obviously have jealousy issues if everyone else can compliment you.  Good idea to be aware of who it might be, but we kniow you won't stoop to their low level.  Yes, we went to Bologna about 5 years ago and thought it was fabulous.  A very underrated city which also means its not too touristy either.  We are going right down into the heel part of Italy which is meant to be very untouristy but still a few beautiful places to visit.  Some have renetly been on the Jamie does Italy programme (or whatever its actualy called) and it has really made us look forward to it even more.  It is our anniversary whilst away so we are treating ourselves to a few nice places to stay in and keeping fingers crossed for the continued good weather they are having. Am also into Bake Off, its such a great format to watch and the new team are doing a great job taking over from Mel and Sue.  A more interesting bunch of bakes as well this year.  It's happened before where one year they haven't been quite so interesting to watch.  Not into any other reality shows but of course will be tuned into Strictly when it starts for real in a couple of weeks.

Lily, was Barcelona your cancelled trip? I hope you get to go on it this time and get to see all the sights you had booked before.  If you are going in the half term I expect it will be perfect weather for it.

Carole, how are things with you?  What's the weather been like?  After such a hot summer I expect you are looking forward to autumn kicking in with cooler nights and sunny days.  I love autumn, partly as its when our anniversary is and we always take a holiday then when all the crowds have gone.  But we love walking in the countryside around this time of the year, not too hot, not too muddy and the trees are often looking so pretty as the leaves turn.  

Hoping to get out a bit more this year as last year we were helping a lot with new born GS and of course there's the continuing saga of what to do with the In Laws (none of the 5 siblings seem to be able to discuss this properly so it drags on and on).  This takes up time from our weekends as OH inevitably makes sure he visits them each weekend as they still live at home and its never a short trip even though they live relatively nearby.  TBH I don't always go as my idea of a weekend is to keep out of supermarkets and not traipse around following them as they are not quick on their feet any more.  Sounds very harsh I know but I really don't want to go supermarket shopping unless I have to, and even then I always go on my own and in the week.  I still don't know why the siblings havent organised a regular online shop so they only have to go out for a couple of things rather than a weekends worth.  I am also sure I will have to be helping out more as the time goes on with my own parents who, touchwood, are very capable at the moment but it's only a matter of time before I have to do the same with them, which is one reason why I don't get involved with any decisions etc for my in laws.  Sorry, enough moaning.

Have a good weekend

Nicky xx

Hi all, loving the long posts, I need to try and get on more and post more often.

good to see everyone is busy... nicky 1 year old how fab and a nice celebration on all counts xx oh I'm so jeleous of you going to Italy, think I'm having withdrawals from Italy, have you been to Bologna before it was lovely. It's been years since I was in London, last time was a flying visit for a conference.

lily, Barcelona is on my list too... how's it being back at school, count down to the next break? I'm sure you do an amazing job looking after everyone, I don't know how you have time.  Are you planning on a trip to the lakes if so let me know we can meet up. I live about 30mins from the lakes, to be honest take it for granted too much. I'm into bake off and tonight tried first dates hotel which was a giggle.

carole, seen some pics on Facebook and looks like you have lovely time with family. God news about your scan if you know what I mean and fingers crossed no operation needed. Lovely news about your cat, pets are like family.

Well not much to report here, bit of a mixed bag. Loving work and after my lovely comments someone sent in some anon. Feedback on our structure and made it really personal about me and it was really nasty so been a bit upset, but new head on, it's their issue not mine so I'm over it but will keep an eye on my list of prime suspects.

diet week 1 equals 8 lb loss but it just doesn't last, my willpower fades. Money's a bit tight at the moment so no holidays booked. Almost 3 weeks next may just with Mam and dad, they want to go back to Florida but I'm hoping to squeeze a nice day trip in somewhere different. Have a weekend in Manchester for the rugby in October and this group we have seen which is country modern playing all sorts is on in Blackpool on the way back. Seen them twice in other places and I'm hooked, although not hooked on Blackpool it's been around 15 years since I've been but it was handy on the way back. I think though could have gone abroad by the time work it all out... I'm going to have to save hard as my friend wants a possible few days abroad so I won't be able to say no, when I could do with one now. 

Thats all from me for now, try and keep up a bit more. Night xx

Hi, you are right Nick, mammoth posts, including yours Smiley Happy . Fab. I will try to respond to as much as I can remember! Lisa I'm glad we kept you busy on the long train journey. I think this new very busy job is just what you needed to keep you busy and give you a new challenge. I hope it goes really well, you deserve it. It should present much better career opporunities being a bigger concern. Although it sounds like you currently have a lot to tax your brain, but all in time. What a lovely thing they do to recognise good work and send gifts. I wish! Still, beaming parents and pupils was good too. How is it all going with your friend's wedding plans? Such fun but busy. Well good luck with dropping some weight. You are usually very successful when you put your mind to it and start, so I believe you can make a difference. Good luck and be good!  My yd is the same after being asked to be bridesmaid again, as she will be one of 4 and all the others are very small. She looks fab but I guess it is how you feel about yourself. Lisbon is only hilly if you want to climb up to the castle. Greek islands were much more of a climb. Pretty flat and we were right in the city centre. Not that it is really anything like a city over here. So much quieter. 

Carole thank you for the info about respite care, I had not hear about going to A & E. I was offered it on the phone by SS. I am over that now as I realised they were most concerned about me not being there and told me I was doing a good job. Its upsetting though. I didn't realise that Brexit would mean that kind of information verification, I hope that is not the case. Isn't your daughter a translator? Or does it have to have legal signatures? Sorry to hera about the disc trouble, which sounds teribly painful. Poor you. Keep us posted how you get on. Also about your cat. We are all animal lovers on here. Any news about your mum? You didn't really make me feel good about respite care from her experience. My trees are a ginko biloba an acacia pravissima and a purple mist. Plus a few that I have not got labels for. I belong to the local horticultural society and show 3 times a year. i am reall getting into it since joining the committee and have to help with all the awards and prize money each time. Nick I agree August was the longest ever and I appreciated it very much. Unfortunately it has gone now. I haven't been to Poole, would you recommnd a trip there? WE are visiting UK cities too. I fancy flying into Edinburgh and must get up to the Lakes again one year. has anyone ever been to Tommy's pub. i would like to revisit Angie's roots one day to think of her. I can hardly believe your little chap is going to be one. Can I be a know it all and remind you that I told you that you would be holding a grabndchild one day, when you were in a bad place. Dr Lily can see these things. I wasn't fake to make you feel better. Maybe I come from a line of witches, mainy moons ago!  Anyway I will stop boasting and say you really deserved this because you put up with a lot of treatment nd procedures. You should write your story to help others believe. Italy sounds fab, can I come? Will you go over to Sicily? Lt me know how it is, as it may very well have to go on my list. Everything crossed for your scan as always. Keep me posted. Congrats on his 1st birthday xx

We are maybe going to Barcelona. Not completely clear yet as so much going on. At least this time we would be in footy season and I would love to see Barcelona play if the timing is right. Being back at work is pants and i seem to be behind with everything already. How did that happen? Lisa will understand that one. Take care all my dear friends. Love Lily xxxxxxxxxxxx

Community Champion

Hi ladies

Wnat lovely long posts to read. I’m sure it’s the same with all of you as it is with me in the summer months, we don’t get enough time to post on here whereas in the colder months I seem to have more time and type a bit more. It’s nice to have a good catch up.

I expect you are back at school Lily. For some reason this year August seemed to last forever and I couldn’t quite believe it only ended on Friday. Maybe it’s because we have done more this year, other years we tend to be mainly at home and avoid staying away due to higher prices etc. This year we went to Poole, and yes, it was a manic with the Ringwood area roads as you remember Carole, and last weekend went up to London for a nights stay. Just chilling and going out to a nice restaurant as a treat. The weather was fab, not too hot, nice and sunny in the daytime.  OH had a meeting up there on the Friday afternoon so I took myself off shopping, or attempting to shop as I didn’t manage to get anything but it was nice to mooch around. We walked through some of the parks on Saturday morning and around Covent Garden which was nice although it got a lot busier as the day went on, and then back home. I hope you were able to pack as much into August as I was Lily, I expect you were busy with the grandchildren but it would have been nice to spend time with them all. We have been looking after our GS a few times, with a few more to come which is down to another wedding that ED and SIL are going to and also an exhibition that ED now needs to attend over a weekend (when SIL is working) so we still get to see him a lot even though he is now at a childminder 3 days a week and ED is back at work. He is now walking and babbling away saying recognisable ‘words’ (ie clear to us what he is pointing out but not an obvious word in most cases). He is celebrating his first birthday at the end of the week and I can’t believe that it has been a year since he was born - and that I’m still here and healthy enough to enjoy it!

Lisa, a lovely long post from you as well, maybe you should take some train journeys more often 😂😂. Well done you for working so hard and getting recognised for the work you do, plus of course your promotion 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Have you got any other holidays booked, other than the family Florida one? You normally do or have tickets for something which is great to have some nice treats to look forward to. We are off to Italy later this month as we try to always do something for our anniversary and is a nice time to get away. The crowds have all gone, or at least got smaller, and the weather particularly in Europe is still really nice. We’re gping to a region of Italy we’ve never been to before, right down in the heel and it looks lovely, not as touristy as other parts so we will be enjoying just being there with no great sights to visit, just coming across them on our days out.

Carole, it sounds lovely that you had the family over and time with your GD. I think most of Europe was boiling hot this year so none of you would have got away from it. It’s good that it’s cooling down now,  it’s for you and for us in the UK. I love these sunny days but cooler nights, so at least we can get a better nights sleep. How are the dogs? And I hope your cat is feeling better now. It is always difficult when they show their age which sometimes we the owners have to make decisions we don’t want to. However it sounds like for now that has been put off.

Well, other than what I’ve mentioned already I’ve not been up to much. It has been great to be away from the hospital so much this year. The past 4 years have involved regular visits to either see the oncologist or to have IV treatment so to be away for so long has been bliss.  However that all changes this week with my injections due, but luckily they are just that, injections and not IV. Then CT scan next week so another trip up to the hospital but I’ll wait until I get back from holiday before I get the results as they probably won’t be reported on before I go away and I’m not going to stress myself out waiting for the morning or phoning up on the off chance. 

Have a good week all

Nicky xx

Hi all, I'm around although time has flown by since I last posted.   I'll try to catch up on your news first as I feel my news will turn into an epic post lol.

Lily you asked if you would have to pay for respite care: I don't think so if someone at the  hospital (if he went to A & E) assesses him and thinks it would do everyone good.  There are specialist places I believe that are designed just for that, respite. How awful that someone would try to drop you in it with SS. It sounds a good plan to tell Victor the new trees are for him.  What trees are they? I think it is lovely that you have little trips out with your Mum, I'm sure she appreciates it.   Where are you thinking of for your next break?  How lovely for your students to get such good results, all credit to their teacher Smiley Very Happy

Nicky I know the Poole area quite well as we used to live around 40 mins.   That Ringwood Road used to be a nightmare so I don't know if it is still the same.   I'm dead jealous you get to see GS and babysit .  Take care though when you are lifting it sounds as if he is getting big. Sorry you did'nt get an ice cream.   So, you are planning a break too, where? May I ask??  

Lisa nice to hear you are keeping busy, being chief bridesmaid comes with big responsibilities. Well done and congratulations for being the winner and having all your hard work appreciated.   What with the wedding next year and the holiday planning, don't overdo it especially with winter coming.

I had a smashing week with Son and GS and GD. The weather was wonderful for them, if a tad too hot but they were in the pool every day and Son and GS went kayaking along the Dordogne. The rest of the time was fairly quiet for them.  I made the most of looking after GD when they wanted to go out for a while and so I topped up on all my cuddles.

All in all we've had about 9 weeks of weather much too hot and no, or little rain so the garden is dead and watering had to be done.   The day after son went back it changed, was much cooler and cloudy.   Now it's just up and down.  When the sun is out it's hot but we also have chilly nights and mornings and when it's cloudy not so hot.   I suppose it is nearly Autumn.   Most of the trees here are going brown through lack of water.

The IBS is a bit up and down. Last week I saw the dr for my back pain  and problems.  She has suggested surgery as the discs L5S1 are slipping so bouncing around on the nerve.   Next week I am seeing a neurosurgeon, having an MRI and more xrays so I will see what he suggests.  I don't really fancy surgery so hope he can give an anti inflammatory/steroid first to see if that helps.

Yesterday I had a thoracic scan for pain on the right side of chest and an increase in my coughing. It came back showing damage from radiotherapy but at least that's better than what it might have been.

Still on the medical front, Mum has spent a few weeks in the respite/rehab centre. She's supposed to have had physio and I am disgusted that today they have sent her home. She hasn't (or wouldn't) walk without supervision using a zimmer, and yet they've sent her home.   She's been told she MUST call for help using her alarm system if she needs the toilet (they have given her a commode), especially during the night.  Her care plan has been upped, she's meant to have 4 visits each day by carers along with help for her medication.   I don't think this is going to work somehow the care home she is in are not really there to help with medical needs as it is "assisted living".   However it seems it has got to the point where she can't (or won't) do anything for herself anymore. The assessment said she will have more physio at home but as she is not really medically unwell they say there are lots of elderly people far worse off than her.   Probably true. I hope she will start to try and walk otherwise she will sit in her chair all day. 

Still talking about medical things - the evening before last our 15 year old cat could not support his weight.  He could lay, but was crying - I honestly thought he had had a stroke.   So yesterday a trip to the vet thinking the worse, but the vet seems to think it's a trapped nerve in his back. He gave him a painkilling injection and a prescription for tramadol.   Today Finn is feisty and cross because he wants to go out and mustn't for a week!   I'm relieved I didn't lose him, he is my baby but I know that time will come sooner than later.

On top of all that, I am suffering from Brexit anxiety!   Obviously for us living in France we just don't know how it will affect us and if rumours are true we will have to apply for a residents card in order to continue living here.   There are many problems it seems with getting interviews to apply for this card and it would mean having to have things like birth certificates, marriage certificates, even divorce certificates translated which is going to cost quite a bit people are saying to apply with all the translations it could run into a thousand euros!   Just something else to aggravate my IBS Smiley Sad

On that note I better go before I lose battery.   Take care everyone and sorry for the epic post xxxx

Hi all, well I'm on train at this early hour one of 3 trains and 20mins walk or taxi for me in between then another taxi so thought I would finally post. Soz haven't been around it's been manic. We've become a subsidiary of another organisation which is around 50 times out size so me and interim M.D. been heavily involved as lots of governance and legal arrangements but it's done and whilst it's been rough upsetting and tough jobs are secured for 3 years and lots of money to upgrade our houses which is fab for our tenants. It was an emotional week for me... 2e arranged little gifts from staff from the parent company so we all got a voucher foe 25 quid and a mug and chocs. Then we had a board meeting and the day after I received a thank of them of 25 voucher some chocs and fizz and lovely note... then 2 days after I received a letter at home from the parent CEO saying they could nominate someone to review an award in their organisation which employs 5000 staff and she nominated me with 100 quid gidt you hers so been a tad emotional. Plus restructure and I'm being promoted lol.. it's all go and I've worked my butt off but nice to be recognised.... still talking about role as it's governance and legal manager and I'm not 100% on the legal side...

Rest of my life has been spent with my friend whose getting married ... boy she's obsessed and doesn't work so lots of free time my what's app is going bonkers but she's finally got her dress but I'm so struggling I've gained so much weight and she's wanting to buy now and I can't for into anything. I've ordered some.online so can try on at home and yet to go into shop to try but wanting to loose some weight as I've just been having to much junk food and snacks whilst working so slimming world rejoin on Thursday wish me luck.

So sorry hard to catch up on phone can only see last 2 messages... Sounds like a journey and a half Nicky but also sounds like you've had fun bit ready for a rest when handed back.

Lily is this your last week off? Sure you've had a lovely break? Did you enjoy Lisbon? Looks lovely but I'm not sure looks a bit hilly foe me lol.
Oh p.s. love bacholer and bacholerette but Thu k I've seen latest and completed all blue bloods too... Oh and blind spot which was good but now onto Australia Masterchef and bake off started last night... Not that I need to be watching food shows lol but easy to watch whilst doing other things lol.

Carol how are you and how's your weather. Hopefully better than here.

Also been busy booking Florida for next year again but a quiet one and the day after friends wedding lol. Was hoping for California Vegas and L.A. but my dad doesn't like change lol. It's his 7pth and their golden wedding next year so need to get thinking.

Have nice day... I'm getting ready for 4 mins spirit across platforms ekk

Hi lovely ladies, hope you are ok. I think this is my favourite time of year being paid and not actually going to work ha ha. Of course we don't really get paid or it, they just even out our 12 salaries so people can pay bills and survive. I still like it and it drives my young inlaws crazy. Anyone who steps into a secondary school these days needs a big rest, to keep them chirpy and calm and patient and cheerful. I think primary teachers get more exhausted from the time commitments than us but in secondary I think you tend to get more mental pressure than physical. Just my view. Its been a very good day with the school doing well and my lovely class coming in to collect their results. The new level 9 gives them such a positive shot of energy that you ould almost laugh or cry when they look at the numbers. I had a lot of my tutor group with cheshire cat grins or emotional as they saw the big run of grades. They did really well, all at their own levels, all different.  Made me and their parents proud. Lots of hugs for me, so a lovely day. Hope anyone reading had  good day for their family too, getting results. Such a big high or low when it goes wrong, sadly.

Carole how is mum after the falls?  BTW the diet is fodmap, look it up.YD says its helping her ibs a lot, when she sticks to it. When being the important word here.  Lisa how did the merger go? Will there be much of a difference for you? I am hoping they fill the place with nice chaps for you, preferably not pigeon collectors ha ha.

Nicky I am enjoying hearing about you enjoying this summer. What a great time after all you were brave enough to put yourself through! Quite a list of procedures for one person too. Well it sounds like gs will be a lovely tall man one day with a dad so tall. Yes being heavy to carry, is the downside. I noticed a big difference between my son and my girls and encouraged him to walk asap. Mind you boys run off a lot so I would stick with him being happy in a lightweight buggy as long as possible. Boys are happy to let you shop  if they have enough food to keep them busy. i found girls want things and boys want food more.Our little chap (1st) is now 6 inches taller than me and the same size as smaller men. I swear he grows every day he is going up so fast. He asks me why I am so little! I say well I am not going to grow any more now, probably shrink and become a garden gnome!  He is doing really well t school, getting awards each year for academic achievement so hopefully this will open many career doors for him. He has made some gcse options but is another, I have no idea what I want to do person. When they are good at absolutely everything you just don't know which way to advise them to go, if they are not sure. Nicky the drive sounded horrible. Where is the next trip? I am planning one too. Hugs Lily xx

Community Champion

Hi buddies

Good to hear from everyone even though we all seem to be busy.

I have been looking after GS a bit more than usual as ED and SIL were at a wedding at theend of last week and both playing key supporting roles as well as ED doing the bridal party makeup. So we had our gorgeous GS for 2 nights plus the day in between and a final morning before handing him over to his parents on Saturday lunchtime.  It is lovely spending time with him but boy is it exhausting! And he is a heavy lad being already over the tope percentile for height which in turn means he's heavy for his age (although completely in proportion - as is his dad who is about 6ft 5 so we know who to 'blame'!). It really does my back in carrying him so can't wait until he can stand better on his own and walk, although then I'll be bending down holding his hands to stop him falling over!

We were returning him to where his parents where they stayed overnight after the wedding and as we know the bride and groom we were invited to the post wedding day BBQ. Only trouble was that it was in Poole, in August, in the final week of the school holidays so you can imagine the traffic problems we had.  The drive took over twice as long as it should as we kept being sent on alternative routes by our sat nav as another accident had happened on the original route.  Luckily I sat in the back to keep GS company and feed him a few snacks once he had woken up and we were still not there.  Reminded me of when I used to go on holiday as a child and it took forever to get there.  We had decided to stay down that way overnight for a short weekend break and I'm so glad we did as the weather yesterday was a perfect English summer's day. Quite breezy by the sea but not overcrowded as it wasnt as hot as it had been a few weeks back.  Some lovely walks along the cliff/beach walkways and a good dollop of sun. Perfect.  Only thing to stop me giving it a 10 out of 10 was not getting an ice cream on our walk back to the car as we had to hurry along as our ticket was expiring. It was good to get back home, in the normal amount of time, and sit on our patio yesterday evening enjoying the last bit of the sunshine.

A few more weeks of no appointments then I'm back on the CT/results treadmill although fitting in another holiday in between them as we may as well!

Have a good week all

Nicky xx

Hi Lisa, nice to hear from you and also really good that you have a lot going on in your life right now. You are far too young to vegetate ha ha. Its all hen party talk and plans here. My daughter wants it to be secret so I am finding it very difficult not to accidentally blab something. I hope I don't! So I try not to think about it. Do you have to plan the one you are going to? I know its a lot of work and you don't always get thanked for it, too many moans at times. Are you merging with another charity? Will it cover a wider area, more people or just the same? Take care and we are hear whenever you get a minute. Love Lily xxx

Hi all, sorry I've been missing, it's feel steam ahead for our merger go live date on Monday so been working lots and starting wedding planning so not had a minutes break. Hoping to catch up with you all and your stories tomorrow day time when I'm actual awake lol xxxxx hugs x lisa

Hi everyone, how are you? Carole any news about your mum? It sounds like it was a nightmare situation and I am sure it was made even more diffcult by you being in another country and trying to work out what to do for the best. Its a situation I constantly worry about, everything going pants up and big changes to the current regime having to be completely rethought. Actually everything went wrong here while I went on holiday. The other relative I care for had a fall and I have spent the last week sorting it all out and calming everybody down.Its surprising how many people do nothing to help but are quick to voice their view when anything goes wrong briefly.  I even got interviewd by ss thanks to someone making exaggerated false claims so they thought he was not safe. I was more than happy to tell them exactly how much I do for them around caring for my mother, a full time job and the large family of my own. I detailed every service I have in place to see he is checked on every day and eats, etc and also said I was quite happy to let anyone who thought they could do a better job, have him and do it instead. They were nice and said you are doing a great job, well done, just let us know if you ever need help or respite care. Do you know if I would have to pay for that? I am over it now but was very upset and then cross that somebody would take the time to ring them but not take the time to actually help him themself in any way. I have my suspicions. Carole I hope your situation is moving along better and that mum is safe and looked after now, so you can relax a bit. Nicky I love the hot weather so have been disappointed when the clouds came back. A bit easier to sleep at night though. Better for your walks too. Ha ha Victor would be like that about extra purchases too. I am back on plants and trees. Its not good weather to plant things so they are staying in pots near the house so I can keep them watered well. I bought 2 more trees for our mini forest, a bit more exotic ones this time so I told Victor they were a birthday present for him!! Then I have been looking for some shrubs with different foliage to create some colour when the flowers are finished. So there are another 6 to go in. I need to stay away from garden centres, they are the new cake!! Yes I rather thought Lisbon coulb be renamed sardine city from the way they cover every wall, shop, restaurant, fridge magnets, everywhere you look. I didn't like to mention that I don't eat them.  Like you I have been very busy babysitting. I think the toddler stage is most tiring as they get heavy and have their own secret language of noises to understand but rarely sleep during the day by 2 years. Labour of love though and we wouldn't miss a minute. I have to juggle mine as I have 3 families asking for sitters. Heaven help me when they all go out together! Glad your parents and inlaws are reasonable at the moment - enjoy the peace as it can change so quickly. Yes I am having such a lovely summer holiday break, probably haven't done enough work yet but the calendar tells me there is still time so I am putting it off. Get ready for the last minute panic. We are looking at holidays again already. Firstly to try to rebook my holiday trip which we lost. We might try to go again later this year if our plans work out. Then thinking about next year so we don't end up with an expensive house to rent because we left it so late. With a wedding next year too its a help if we can reduce the bill to share out. Also been trying to take mum out on little trips while she is up to it and she enjoys them very much. Have you got much left to do in the house or is it as you want?

Lisa what are you hooked on, on tv currently? I have to confess to being glued to the batchelor and batchelorette. Its a bit like a clean love island. I have also got hooked on wire in the blood and blue bloods. So the planner is full of things to watch.  Hugs everyone. I hope your week is going ok love Lily xxxxx

Hi buddies

Nicky good for you to be out early before the heat starts so you can still fit in a walk.   But I bet by the time you've finished you are perspiring a lot (ladies don't sweat of course).

Lily thanks for the tip about the fodmap diet (did you mean foodmap?) I will take a look when I have a quiet time which doesn't seem to happen at the moment. Portugal sounds wonderful, it's good you got there before the intense heat,  you don't know your limitations do you with the sun LOL. Hope you are not as sore now. Have you worn off the custard pastries?

Lisa how lovely to be a maid of honour.   Has the diet started yet?  Are you cool at work?  

Our intense heat continues, I'm sure you realise how difficult it is to be outside after about 9 am until 9 pm! But even during the night we've had temperatures of plus 20.   Sleeping is extremely difficult and I'm changing my clothes several times a day as my neck and back are constantly wet! When I am at home I wear the barest minimum. I haven't been able to get out with the doggies, well 2 at the same time is a put off as they both pull and it's hard by myself.   They play together and run about all the time and as we have a large garden (with very dead grass at the moment) so they are exercising.

Mum ended up having another fall after they sent her home, with the second fall she was left laying on the floor for around 3 hours, head bleeding.   Goodness knows why she didn't press her alarm button, she religiously wears it and yet was too confused it seems to call the alarm. Anyway she was taken back into hospital on Saturday, nothing medically wrong like an infection but was severely dehydrated, constipated and confused.   She was put onto a drip to get her hydrated and had several enemas to clear the impaction. We are all aware that she can no longer live in an assisted living home, so are now hoping for a place in an actual care home.   She needs help with her medication, cooking, drinking and personal care (much to her disgust, she never loses her stubbornness).   She was sent into a rehabilitation centre yesterday for some intense physio and a bit of looking after. She might only be here for a week but hope it could be for longer. As for the assisted living home, we are all going to make a complaint as it is clear that she should have been visited in her flat 4 times a day, had her room cleaned and washing done once a week and this has not been happening.

Sorry for long post, I think it's time for me to hop into the swimming pool as dripping already! Take care girls love Carole xx

Community Champion

Hi ladies

Phew, a break in the weather, although none of the rain that was promised for last night which is annoying.

How have you all been coping? I have just been getting out for a walk early in the day then shutting myself indoors once it starts getting hot, closing all windows etc after trapping in the cooler air.  It seems to have worked as it's been reasonably cool indoors but boiling outside. When it gets this hot I do absolutely nothing! Which must please OH as I end up just buying food that we need and dont go to any other shops so the bank balance stays healthy.

Good job you just missed the extreme heat in Lisbon, Lily, that would almost have been as bad as a holiday when it rains all the time as both typoes of weather mean you dont venture outside as much.  I'm glad you found and tested the custard tarts, although they are difficult to miss.  Did you see all the beautiful sardine shops, one we saw was like a circus all brightly coloured with merry go rounds etc.  They certainly celebrate that particular fish!  Any plans for the rest of the holidays?  We have a few odd days staying away here and there but generally being at home and helping look after GS on the days he's not at his childminders.  Well, I say we, I mean me as OH is at work.  It is lovely but really tiring so I'm shattered by the end of each day as he's on the go all the time, and he's not even walking yet so goodness knows what will happen then!

Carole, how are things in France?  Any change in the heat you've been having?  I think we left just as the hot spell was getting going as the week before had been quite pleasant we were told.  Our weather over here has also stayed hot with only the odd cooler day thrown in for a bit of relief.  Hope Mum is OK and recovered from the falls.  It's a worrying time when it gets this hot especially for the elderly.  My parents are doing OK but OH's don't cope so well and their health has been suffering, although there's lots of underlying health issues as well which dont help.

Lisa, how has it been for you?  Do you have air con at work?  I tell OH to stop complaining about the heat, he's in air con offices all day, I'm sat in an un-airconditioned house!

Keep cool

Nicky xx

Hi everyone, how are you all? Baking hot like me? Who would believe British weather could do this??  Lisa how lovely to be asked to be maid of honour, is it for a friend? We have another wedding on the go of course and every time YD gets in a flap and starts doubting herself and planning diets. At least I get some company and someone to talk to about it as everyone else is tiny, lucky them. I think you seem to be having slightly cooler weather so maybe you can sleep better than us? Fan is on all night for me after having a week of air conditioning, its tough. Carole, sorry to hear about mum's falls, how is she now? Did they test her for a stroke or TIA or think it was just a coincidence to happen twice?  Mum gets much more doddery if she has any kind of infection and its not hard to get dehydrated and get a water infection in this heat. It sounds like you are even hotter though. How are you coping? YD gets IBS and has been trying the fodmap diet after being recommended to try it by a gp. Its about certain food giving you bloat, etc and is not too difficult to follow. Although it is annoying when favourite foods are out. Might be worth a read to see if your diet contains some of the worst foods, these include some fruit and vegetables too. Nicky I bet that free week was amazing and went by too quickly for you. As you say this is a really good regime compared to past more challenging ones so enjoy it and the extra time it brings to do all the other things you can't always fit in, on a busier week. ceWell we were lucky to escape Portugal just before the very high temperatures started. It was very hot there and seemed much hotter than published figures but that's probably because we were right in the city streets and the tall buildings hold the heat in. It was a lovely week. Our hotel was huge and very smart withuniformed doormen and silver service. So it was an anxious week as everything I ordered turend out very differently from what I expected and I am really fussy as well as being allergic to shellfish so in a flap about fish dishes. Good old Victor is now fat as a horse as he HAD to eat up my disasters as the waiters got concerned if I didn't eat it! That along with a lot of cool beers, which he only drinks much unless people are round. Thank you Nicky for the thumbs up about the little custard pastries. I fell in love with them and probably ate about 15 over the holiday!! What a piggy. Its a great city for sightseeing especially the historic sights. Did you go underneath the bank in the underground passages to look at the ruins? We did a lot of research before we went and visited so many interesting places. I was in heaven when I found THE shopping street with all the big names. Well better buzz off, still struggling a bit after a day on one of the lovely sandy beaches. I think the breeze off the sea is refreshing but fools you how hot it is. My tummy is like a red jelly Smiley Sad  and this hot sun seems to be keeping it going. My own fault. Love to all Lily xx

Hi all. Just not had much time to post really, 2 pups are keeping me very busy. But they're good company for each other so exercising hasn't been to much of a problem.

Everyday we seem to go to 40° heat. Thank goodness we can cool off in the pool at 30°. It's lovely before 10 am but after that just keeping inside, with fans as it's too hot outside.

I'm now on treatment for IBS. Can't really say it's helping except the strange sachet of granules I have to swallow once a day (Not unpleasant just odd), seem to be helping. They taste much better than fibregel.

The pups keep me very busy, even though it's too hot to go for a walk.

Other than that no news. I'm looking forward to son, girlfriend, grandson and baby granddaughter visiting in a couple of weeks, excited about that.

My mum has been taken off to hospital today for the second time this week. Tonight she had a fall, nothing broken but they're keeping her in overnight. She will be happy with that.

I'll post more about this but for now I hope you are all coping with the heat and keep safe in lisbon Lily as the heat is more intense. Love to all xxx