Re: Darling buddies from May - moving on

Oops crashed me out.... so lots of dancing and giggles.

this weekend of to Manchester with parents and friend for a night in "Nashville", the following weekend 2 nights in Liverpool for the musical the band and the following weekend 2 nights in Liverpool for islands in the stream tribute night.....then 4 weeks to Florida and New York...

well, guess what I've gotten an interview for my first job I've applied for in 22 years. Awaiting the date and I don't know the salary yet but will be good experience, although made me quiver when she said it's an all day process... ide love to get it too 😍.

right off to bed, night xxxxx

Hi all, happy belated birthday carole but I did manage to send you a birthday wish on Facebook. Carcasscone looked lovely, I have a friend that holidays there for a short weekend and I think they have an annual big festival there too.

nicky, sorry about your bl**dy news, I know knowing you whilst worried will have done your respect he, I so admire your knowledge and challenge to get the best treatment xx holiday sounds lovely but tad chilly for me lol, oh and I'm with lily on the bus tour thing. Big hugs and hope the washing is done for now xx

lily, glad your all recovered, in time for half term? Lisbon sounds lovely I've looked at it a few times, only ever been to albuferia. I agree with the bus coach bit too lol.

well I've been a busy bee, trying to diet but gets lost at weekends and I'm heavier than ever. Friday I went for a spa  Three hour night time treat with fizz from my friend and then a lovely meal in Keswick in the lakes, then up early morning for a trip to Carlisle for a work leaving do I organised as a lot of people are leaving. It 

Hi ladies and thanks to all for my birthday wishes 

Long absence from me, what with trips away and yes Lily, you are right it was a birthday with an 0 on the end (60!).   Thankfully on the day of my birthday we had a let up in the rain, which has been pretty constant since the beginning of December, so we went to Narbonne and sat by the Mediterranean enjoying the sea air and warmth of the sun, it was delightful.   We spent the late afternoon and evening in Carcassonne cite, the medieval ramparts, and had a fantastic meal in an olde world restaurant.   It was a lovely day and so nice to see the sun.   Since then, back to rain and grey gloom which is so depressing.

I would recommend both Narbonne and Carcassonne for a few days away.   The old city of Narbonne has an amazing cathedral and the Canal de Midi runs through it and I think eventually it ends up at Bordeaux.

Nicky, it's a thumbs down for your latest results but, you are very knowledgeable and I am sure that both you and your new Onc will come up with a good plan. It sounds like there are some treatments still available to you, I hope nothing too nasty (side effect wise) and yet blasts the buggers.   Your trip to Iceland sounds amazing, I am very jealous of you seeing the Northern Lights, I bet they were fantastic? Are they as good in real as they always look on TV? Standing around in the cold for so long would probably play me up so well done for doing it.   

Lisa your photos of your decorated lounge look nice, I like how you've set the furniture isn't it nice when everything is spanking new?   How are you, how is your diet going?   I expect you will be getting excited planning your holiday for this year.

Lily you have been pretty quiet, hope you are not catching any more nasty bugs?

Some parts of the Dordogne are on flood alert, this morning I had the dentist and it was sad to see how so many fields along the way are under water.   Not just a little bit either, there are plenty of "new" ponds and lakes.

That's all from me for now.  Love Carole xx

Community Champion

Hi Lily

To be honest from my experience last year when I was in the same position as now I'm not going to say what is going to happen (treatment-wise) until it does.  The number of times I said 'this' was going to happen when it didnt and then explain why it hadn't drove me nuts - I mean to friends I see rather than on here.  On here at least most ladies, especially SBC ladies, understand but friends and family, who have been lucky enough not to have BC, havent got a clue!  I'll PM you if I feel I need to but know you have my back!  And, don't worry, I'm exploring all avenues at the moment and making sure the MDT are doing so as well.

Nicky xx

ps your mention of your holiday to Lisbon has reminded me that its a city I want to visit as well so we may fit in a mini break when I get a window in my treatment plan.

Hi everyone, how are you? Lisa, any more jobs on the horizon and did you hear anything about the one you mentioned? Good luck, keep looking. Carole how was your birthday? Hope you had lots of calls from family.

Nicky the trip sounded frustrating but fascinating so worth all the travel issues. I have vowed to never go in the winter from your account of long coach journeys but you had already sussed that! I bet the photos are amazing. As you say its a mixed bag on your results. have all the other liver lesions gone and just the one left? You have had such great progress but I guess that one is going to be the decider on your next treatment. What are your thoughts on what you would like them to offer? Although its daunting to start another chemo or treatment, I think that one that's grown again needs to be kicked up the backside. When you say its grown is it still quite small? Could it maybe be treated with radiotherapy or surgery if a single lesion? You mentioned a new onc as well. I hope you find a good ear to listen to you and as much support as you have had from previous ones. Are you thinking about the research trials at the Marsden or just seeking advice from them as a second opinion? You sound like you have been able to take this on board and move forward quite quickly to find an action plan but I know its not that easy and I hope it has not been a difficult time for you. Well done, you are amazing, always have been. Anyway I am here if you want to bounce any ideas off but you are far more knowlegeable than me on the latest drugs. Can I remind you that its a billion dollar industry so new drugs are always sitting in the wings waiting to come through, so you might use options up but they are replaced too with newer better ones. There is also the secret weapon, your GS who brings in the smiles, positivity and happiness, the most powerful weapon of all on your side. Keepp me posted about the appointment, always right there by your side love Lily xxx

Community Champion

Hi Ladies

A long time absent from me, not just because we went away for a few days but the catching up process afterwards.

A belated Big Happy Birthday from me Carole - I hope you day out was fab and you had a lovely lunch.

Lily - you must be fast approaching yours (and Lisa too)?  As well as the half term which will be a welcome break from all the germs so it seems.

I did have the flu jab this year (or this 'season') but who knows if it is the right strain. Having had real flu (not just a bad cold) early last year I didn't want to risk it by not having it. A bad cold so far around Christmas but fingers crossed for nothing more serious for the rest of the winter.

Well a mixed bag with my results, still have a bloody liver lesion that is not playing ball and has increased in size - again (having shrunk on the last treatment).  Back on the treadmill of working out what to do next but I have (as ever) got my game plan in place (after the initial knock back from these results) and have already put most of the questions and thoughts in place with the new oncologist.  Not aiming to think much about it until my appointment next week when for the first time in ages I will drag OH along with me to back me up rather than because I need emotional support. Everything else shows as stable by the way - hence the mixed bag but the more worry is the more treatments I go through the less there are to use.

Anyway, onto more interesting items - our trip to Iceland!

YD and I went as OH was on a business trip to S America which although I'd like to go to I wasnt going to do it for just the few days he was there for, plus of course if my disease isnt stable I cant get travel insurance and I definitely wouldnt do that if travelling to the Americas.

So I winged it on and EHIC card plus general travel insurance which I know I can do in Europe.

It was snowing onthe day we were due to fly so this was annoying as we had a long delay getting there and an even longer delay once we got there waiting for our bags, which we stupidly had checked in, and eventually they didnt turn up until the following day.  We were OK witht he few items we had in hand luggage but it could have been a disaster if we had booked to go on an excursion on our first day as we hadnt got suitably warm clothing.  As it was we missed our first evenings meal and got to our hotel quite late. The next day we wandered around Reykjavik which, because of the snow, did look very pretty and was very cold! That night we went out on our Northern Lights tour and we were very lucky to see them.  It did mean standing out in the middle of nowhere in the cold for hours but you have to do that to get away from the light pollution from the towns. A late arrival back at the hotel but we had had a good filling meal before we went so not an issue.  Managed to oversleep the next morning, not surprisingly, but sorted ourselves out for our next tour of the waterfalls, geyers, national parks etc the following afternoon.  The snow, which had fallen a bit more, was causing problems on the roads so it took a long time to get back (again!).  The next day was our last day and we went to the Blue Lagoon en route to the airport - which had been suggested on TripAdvisor as it is quick to get from there afterwards to the airport.  A lovely warm/hot experience with face masks and drinks included!

So ito sum up t was great, beautiful clear skies, fantastic photos, cold, beautiful scenery, very quiet, unusual landscape but don't go (Lily!) if you don't like coach travel as everything you should be seeing is quite a way from the cities however if you don't go out from the main city you wouldn't see anything!

Home of course to piles of washing then picking OH up from the same terminal as we had landed at 36 hours before and then do his washing - no wonder I've been busy. Plus friends visiting, and staying with, us over the weekend for a mutual friends 60th birthday which has meant no time for catching up on here. Phew, back to normal for a while at least.

Sorry if I've not caught up on any of your news and hoping you are all well.

Nicky xx

Happy birthday for tomorrow Carole. Is it one with a zero on the end then, it sounded like a biggy from what you said. You have done incredibly well, after having so many issues in the early days and then finding you actually had a more complex type of bc than they had diagnosed. I remember it all and I for one am absolutely delighted that you and all of us are approaching later years, congratulations.Have a fab day, you deserved it. Love Lily xx

I haven't been to Portugal Lily but I've heard some places are lovely and it has almost year round sunshine. So enjoy. I can't belive you are not offered a flu jab with your job, what is the state coming to? Even Mr Ps employers have said they will cover the cost of one. It's not expensive, and might hold off some of those nasty bugs.

We're off to carcassonne tomorrow, an historical city in France I believe. Looking forward to having a nice meal out on my birthday - one I wish I wasn't having but inevitable, and I praise that I am still here 10 years on from what we all went through 😁.

So hope Nicky is having a great time in Iceland and all is well with everyone. Love Carole xx ☓ 

Hi everyone, how are you all? Lisa good luck with the applications. I am sure there is something nice out there waiting for you, even if you don't get the first one or two you see. You never know, you may be exactly what they are looking for. Well I live on sugar and carbs so that would be the worst diet in the world for me to try. Even though it would probably be the most effective one! I am just thinking about it at the moment as I have too many nice treats from Christmas and birthdays are approaching with more no doubt!  

Carole hope your eye continues to improve. Lovely when you get such good effects from a procedure.No I don't qualify for a flu jab although they are under £10 if you want to buy one if I really did want one. my virus is just about gone, was rather persistent and had a high temperature with it. Strangely nobody at all caught it from me (that I saw around that time), despite me sneezing and coughing my head off. So at least I don't feel guilty, especially if the little ones were unwell. We booked our holiday and will be staying in Lisbon in a big hotel close to a lot of the places we want to visit and close to the nice shopping spots as we like to stroll around in the evenings while away. Victor has been busy booking seats to make sure his legs aren't squashed and fast track and anything else to make that part of the holiday go quicker. Has anyone stayed in the capital? Its really close to lovely beaches too if we want a day in the sand! I don't know about you but all your talk of trips has put me in a holiday mood, so I am hoping to do a small trip too. Nicky I will look forward to hearing about your exciting trip when you get back. I hope you manage to keep warm enough to be able to see everything you want to. Green with envy. Well better buzz off. love Lily xxx

Ouch lily that virus sounds awful, know that cough till your sick feeling, I've still got the cough but nothing near as bad. Carol glad your eye is healing.

not much to report here... I'm trying to count calories and done well during week but then wine and. Nibbles tonight grhh. The Keatonic diet sounds fab guy at work lost 2 stone in 8 weeks, but the lack of sugar and carbs gives me headaches. If I don't loose this week back to slimming world as hols end march but got 5 weekends busy before then eek.

work mad and merger won't happen till August but I'm thinking it's time for a change but very scary after 23 years but not much round here.... I've done my cv at last and I've applied for a job but it didn't advertise salary. It's and Admin manager at an engineering consultants and obviously with bnfl 20mins away it might work out well but I'm not sure I'll even get an interview cos jobs round here get 100s applicants but at least I've done it.

Nicky hope you're having fab time xxx

night all 

I hope you are feeling a bit better Lily your acidy cold sounds horrid.   Do you get a flu jab every year for working in an environment that is high risk?  I hope all the little people are not suffering it. I've heard parts of Portugal are lovely, but avoid the high tourist areas.   Good luck with finding something.

Oh Nicky, Iceland, superb.  I too would love a trip to Iceland but I would have to buy a whole new wardrobe to cope with the cold weather.   Are you going to try and see the Northern Lights?   It's on my wish list but goodness knows when I might get there.

In fact Mr P nearly booked us a 7 day cruise to see the Northern Lights, but there were no cruises in January (for my birthday).

I'm ok, but it changes on a day to day basis. The weather has improved a bit in the last couple of days so that helps. Sounds like we are all on a diet!   I am 10 kilos more than pre-chemo so it would be nice to get at least half of that off.  It's not easy though is it?

Eye was done last Friday so I'm putting in drops. I have a slight black eye but nothing as bad as the last time. I'm amazed at how bright everything looks when the sun is out.

Love Carole xxx

Hi everyone, how are you all? Lisa how did it go on Monday with the merger? I think its best to stick with what you know but still keep an eye out for an exciting new opportunity and then take it. Carole you better tell me what this ketogenic diet is then if its good. Although as I am typing I am pretty sure it will mean eating things I absolutely hate or giving up foods I would kill for ha ha. I have 4 meal replacement bars to try but I can't stick shakes so a bit limited. First of all I need to get serious and try properly. So until then I am carrying on as usual. I have been off work feeling really ill with a high temperature and didn't really know where I was, horrendous acid and a cough to match so had to sleep sitting upright or just sick. Just a virus cold but hit me hard for some reason.I'm thinking of buying shares in a tissue making company.  Relieved to  be on my way out of it and not encouraged by people telling me if I get the Australian flu I will be like that for 7 - 10 days Smiley Sad

The dog has been very pleased to be able to sprawl across the bed next to me for days. I think she would live in there if given the chance. Carole you sounded a little low and I hope you are starting to brighten up as Nicky said as you think about some visits over here. You could always make some nice things for your GD - maybe a nice quilt or cover for when she gets into a bed or summer dresses if you can turn your hand to clothes? Get yourself busy with a project.  Our little girl has dummies at night and they leave 3 in the cot so she can find one in any direction, if that is something they might like to try. The midwifes really encourage dummies now especially if breathing trouble as it keeps that airway open so a bit safer, especially for the wheezy ones. I'm sure they will work out what is best for him. Good luck. 

Well I am as green as green hearing about all these trips. Iceland is somewhere I would like to visit too, what temperature would it be there at this time? How lovely to have a holiday with your daughter and then others to plan Smiley Happy   Lisa trips to Florida and New York, oh you are really getting to me with that. Look at the internal flights as our relatives use them to fly between the same 2 areas and they are very casual compared to the big airports. We have been invited to a wedding in the states too but its school time and even if I went unpaid I would only be allowed a really short trip and the thought of my air sickness twice close together is not making me want to try the trip. I thought about jumping out the plane flying back from New York as I felt so bad. Typical that I always seem to get bumpy flights compared to others. Wish I could travel around like all of you guys without any yukkiness. I am trying to book a holiday somewhere close though, so Europe. Thinking of Portugal. Anyone got advice where to stay if we want places to look round as well as a sunbathe? Better go as dog is pressuring me into letting it in our room! The eyes bore through you. Love Lily xx

Community Champion

Hi ladies

Sorry you had a sad Christmas without Heidi, Carole and the dull and damp weather won’t have helped you I’m sure. You will miss her of course but her time had come and it was better she was out of pain and stress -personally I think we often treat our pets more kindly at the end of their lives than we do our old folk! On a happier note I hope the weather picks up and maybe there’s something you can put your mind to to keep you busy until the days become longer and warmer? A visit to the UK to see little miss maybe?

Well, GS has eventually got through the worst of his cold, having been prescribed steroids, as you mentioned Lily. Poor little lamb, and obviously some sleepless nights for his Mum and Dad as he wasn’t settled at all over the last week. Happy to report he’s back to his usual cheeky self with big smiles and laughs and sleeping much better. What ED and her OH hope is he might have ditched his dummy during this time at night as he didn’t need it to get back to sleep and that was something they were going to have to break the habit of as he was waking up when he dropped his dummy. Hmmmmmm, I have to remind ED that we had to do the same with her, she was sleeping a good 10 hours a night but I was getting up goodness knows how many times to put the bloody thing back in! So maybe they won’t have to do that but and he may have done it for himself now. 

Lisa, hoping whatever is happening at work doesn’t impact you anymore but presumably very difficult to stay there when it’s not the same and also very difficult to move to another equal job? At least you’re always planning nice holidays with family and friends so there’s always something to look forward to 😊☀️

Talking of holidays YD and I are off to Iceland in a week or so, whilst OH is on a business trip elsewhere. We’ve always wanted to go so decided as a last minute. Brrrrrr, it would be nice to be going somewhere hot but as long as we are wrapped up it should be OK. After that, and depending on my results, OH and I will try to book something fairly soon but can’t really plan too much in advance until some stability is shown.

Have a good week all

Nicky xx

Hi all, hope your all okay and everyone boding or recovered from damn bugs lol x

carole, hope the eye patch is holding up, must say you rock the eye patch look 😍. My dry January has disspareared due to family get together but starts again on Monday. A guy at work has done that diet and lost 2 stone in 8 weeks....

lily, I'm still at work but I'm not sure what to do at the moment, we are announcing our takeover or merger on Monday but to be honest the way we have treated our staff in this latest restructure has been so bad I have lost my love for the place after 22 years almost. Busy planning New York for 3 days after Florida and so excited but they are all leaving it for me to sort so feeling under pressure lol.

NIcky, let us know when results come in and it sounds like you've managed to have a nice Xmas despite dratted bug xxx

night all xx

Hi everyone how are you? Nicky I hope the colds are starting to improve at least and preferably have gone by now. Always a worry with the loittle ones I know. One of ours gets into trouble very easily with his asthma on top of any cold and needs steroids and treatments. When they are little though its just really hard to judge when to get a check and when its ok to sit it out. I hate the worry and hope it didn't go on for too many nights. I love the fact that your OH keeps on trying to buy the perfect gift, such perseverence shows great dedication. Sometimes I think men think in a completely different way and latch on to their last successful purchase and stick with that one. I chose a lot of my own as Victor does not take rejection nearly as well and looks so disappointed. I try to give him easy ideas but that still proves tricky! 

Lisa how are you getting on at work now? Will you stick it out? Hope the house is more settled after all the work last year. I need some holiday ideas everyone. Summer hols so Europe and we like historic sights and places to walk to every day if possible.

Carole happy new year to you as well and hoping health issues settle down a little for you, after a very busy last year. Reading your words I can feel that blessed mammo, ouch! I can email wedding pics if you like yes, just send the address by pm. I was glad of a longer that usual break from work after such a busy December and I have tons of work to do as well. That's normal. Good job I am not clothes shopping in France then. I certainly would struggle to fit! It sounds like a quiet Christmas but hopefully the new year will bring trips to visit everyone and see how the children have all grown. Something to look forward to and plan. Beastly bad tempered nurse so I am glad you stood your ground. Upsetting though and i hope you are over it. Also that your eye is on the mend. Aye aye Captain Peacock Smiley Happy  No I haven't heard of that diet but clearly I should as definitely larger than I want to be. terrible lot of chocolate in the house though so I am delaying it. 

Most of all Nicky let me know when you get your results and everything crossed as always for a good start to the year.

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Happy New Year to all my buddy friends and I hope it is a good one for you all.

Lily I hope that you managed your vegging out time following your busy Christmas and the wedding, which sounds a lovely day by the way.  I would also love to see some photos if you would like my email address PM me.

Lisa how is your tiredness now, did you manage to get some relaxing time before your return to work? I know what you mean about the dancing ache, I used to love dancing but these days I can’t do it without lots of painkillers before and after! It always gets me in the hips lol.

Nicky I’m so sorry that your GS is having difficulties with his breathing.   Everyone I know in the UK has had, or has now this Australian flu type thing which seems to linger on for weeks unfortunately.   Fingers, as always are crossed for good results for your scan. Mr P always struggles to know what to get and I am a difficult one to buy for as French clothes usually don’t fit (they’re built for very tiny, very slim petite women, of whom I am not) and when it comes to ornamental type things I am quite fussy.

We had a quiet Christmas, we all struggled a bit as it wasn’t the same without Heidi, but it was nice to spend some time together.   YD was off on her travels to Prague on Boxing Day where she spent New Year.   Mr P and myself were fed up with the weather, every day was extremely grey, wet and windy so not good for even going for a walk. Our village is deathly quiet at the best of times so we didn’t see anyone and video messaged to the UK children and grandchildren, which is not the same as a hug.   Still that’s our life so we have to put up with it. I can’t believe how big GD is getting but she is still lovely and her chubby cheeks are a delight.

Yesterday I had a bad experience with a nurse who came to do a blood test.  She couldn’t find the vein and got extremely cross so I refused to let her try the hand and then she demanded I pay her for her time and diesel.   I refused, believing she was too inexperienced to take blood from a difficult patient – then she had the cheek to tell me it wasn’t her fault!!!!   Anyway I stood my ground and wouldn’t pay her, so off she stormed in a huff.   I was upset and angry about it all day believing it was my fault my veins are bad.

Tomorrow I will be pirate Jack for a few days again as I am having the other cataract done.   I am not looking forward to this but I know it should be over in an hour or so. My mammogram results were echo but they had a struggle to flatten the boob enough being as it’s a reconstruction.

Lisa, you and I are both on diets.   I am giving up alcohol (have managed 2 days so far) and am going to do my best to exercise more. Has anyone tried the ketogenic diet? I’m going to try to eat more fruit, I like the exotic fruits best like papaya and mango which are incredibly expensive here.  

Well I had better get on, no good sitting here in my PJs when there are things to be done.   So again, I wish you all a happy new year and thank you for your support.   Love Carole xx

Community Champion

Well I’m getting over my cold, slowly, but unfortunately GS who caught it from me (and/or OH) is suffering a bit with his breathing. So yesterday morning was spent with ED (and GS) going to a Drs appt and helping her out.  Hoping he had improved overnight but sounds like she will be back at the Drs today as he is still struggling and you don’t want to take any chances with a young baby. I’ve heard of so many people at the moment who have had a cold that lingers on so there seems to be quite a nasty strain doing the rounds - hope none of you got it over Christmas and if you’ve already been suffering that it clears up soon.

My poor OH, he does his best for presents and I tell him that if I wasn’t concerned how much he spends i would keep a lot of the things but I always like to get usage out of them so a top or similar that I’ll only wear the once in my mind has to go back! I also struggle with the positioning of my port which is a very noticeable lump on my chest (so annoyed that the surgeon didn’t position it better) so he tries to choose clothes that don’t have a V neck but the round necks can also cause a problem as they don’t always disguise this lump, depends on the fabric and the hang of it - so I do feel sorry for him. Never mind at least I get the vouchers to then spend on what I will wear the most or something I didn’t get but actually wanted! The last couple of years he’s got it pretty much spot on, just a size change maybe, but this year the only day he could get off to go out shopping he was suffering from this bad cold so I doubt if he was paying much attention!

Anyway, hope this wind and rain isn’t bothering any of you, I couldn’t get to sleep for ages last night as it was so windy and I always expect some sort of damage to be done that I might hear. Still blowing now as well so be careful out there as it seems to be affecting most of the country - hoping it’s not like this where you are Carole.

Nicky x

Hi Buddies, how are you all after the festivities? I love to watch the fireworks on tv too as quite amazing how they plan them all. We went to ed for the evening but left fairly soon after midnight as still recovering from Christmas and the wedding really. Lisa are you still eating left overs. How annoying when  people don't think so they know whether they will attend or not. Carole how was your Christmas and New Year? 

Nicky glad to hear you are out and about and busy, so nice to have this time when your days are more free and less needles, even better. I will keep everything crossed for you as always regarding the scan results. You haven't mentioned any difference since stopping chemo so that is surely a good sign and no reason to not enjoy this peaceful time plus grandson time. He must be doubling your happiness and smiles and you know the importance I place on them. Good luck.  Dratted colds. I am sure the colds this/last year are the longest lasting ones ever. My sore throat came back 4 times which is really annoying in my job as uncomfortable. Even more annoying when it hits over Christmas, poor you x. However, bingo crackers sound fun, must look out for them next year. Lol every year you take all the presents back. Why doesn't he make you choose or give vouchers? He must have realised he is not too good at picking things ha ha poor chap. We are less than a week from the first birthday and no-one knows what to buy him as he had so many xmas pressies. Then we will soon be coming up to our birthday spell and the 10th year. Wishing you all the very best for this coming year love Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Happy 2018 buddies.

A very long absence on my part due to just being busy, which is always a good reason.

Unfortunately OH managed to share his cold first with me, then I passed it on to little GS and I think YD now has it. Seems there’s a lot of it around as so many people have been saying they’ve had bad colds. So we started off the merry season with a meal at friends on the Friday (before Christmas) which was great fun as she’d provided some ‘bingo’ crackers so we enjoyed a laugh at that. Then a quiet day on Saturday and Sunday with me feeling a bit worse. Luckily we weren’t having our actual Christmas Day meal etc on 25th as YD was working ski managed to go to bed for a while in the afternoon whilst the rest of the family went out visiting relatives - apart from feeling pretty rubbish I didn’t want to spread my cold especially to OH’s parents who are a bit vulnerable at the moment. Managed to feel better later on and dosed myself up with medicine and paracetamol to enjoy the evening once YD was back from work. We had a nice time with ED, her OH and GS staying overnight. So our Christmas Day started for real on Boxing Day and we had a lovely time with all the usual food and wine. My parents joined us but luckily weren’t staying - I said we had Jesus syndrome - no room at the inn! This meant it was still relatively quiet the next day as well which suited us all as SIL was back at work as was YD. it was nice this year as OH took all the time off between Christmas and NY so we just had a few local walks and a few trips into the sales, mainly to do my annual present returns as he knows I’m always returning stuff! Yesterday was a trip up to London to a restaurant we had wanted to go to for ages and managed to book for lunch - we didn’t want to be in London when all the mayhem and crowds started. The meal was fab, just as we had hoped and we headed home around 4 and popped in to see ED and family once we got back home on the train before leaving them in peace and getting back to our house for a night chilling out. Saw in 2018 with the fireworks on tv and a glass of champagne 🍾 and then off to bed. Oh, forgot to say I had my CT scan in between Christmas and NY so the wait is on for results which I will try to not get anxious about until the actual appointment as there’s not much point stressing about it.

So my big catch up is done, hope you all had a wonderful time.

Nicky xx

Ps I’ve edited this as I forgot to say that the wedding sounded wonderful Lily, I knew it was near Christmas time so it must have added even more to a special time of the year for your family. Even if a chipmunk made an unplanned appearance!🐿

Happy new year buddies and here's to a healthy one.

lily can't wait to see some chipmunk and wedding snaps. My sign of a good wedding is always a full dance floor but boy do I ache afterwards lol

well I was totally spoilt and spend most of my break in pjs and sleeping so need to sort that before work on Thursday lol. Went out with friends last night but it went from 9 of us to 3 which is so annoying shoeshine when ide bought lots of stuff as starting at mine first. 

Hopemyouve all had had a lovely relaxing time filled with fun friends and family xxx diet commences on Thursday as I've hit m all time heaviest and nothing fits xxxx

xxx