cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darling buddies from May - moving on

Re: Darling buddies from May - moving on

Happy Christmas to all dear buddies and families and friends hope you are all in Christmas cheer.

We arrived safely in the UK and expect to join Mr P on the ferry tomorrow as he is working for the next few days.

Relishing every moment.

Love to all xxxx

Hi everyone and hope all your Christmas arrangements - both food and parcels are on track to be done for the big day. I think I have finished my gift shopping today after a trip to pick up things from individual stores. I like the big shops where you go in one and get lots done. Today was the silly things that take a bit of hunting down  or just one thing from the pet shop for puppy. She was very interested in my shopping bags and almost looked like she just wanted to breathe the air to pick up the smell of the bag. She has a very delicate tum and gets an upset quite quickly from treats but I found rice bones, which she loves and seem ok. On my expedition was my usual xmas visitor and little chap, not the best 2 people to take with you. Neither like shopping much so there were frequent stops for mid morning cake and then lunch. They were good at carrying stuff for me though Smiley Happy   I have started some wrapping today but it is a drop in the ocean!

Nicky thinking of you tomorrow and hope they don't keep you long. Carole enjoy your trip. Sorry I have forgotten if you are already over here or not. Hope mum is pleased to see you and behaves!! Lisa sorry to hear you have another bug so hope it goes quickly. My tree is just completely loaded with little treasures collected over the years -gingerbread men, robins, reindeer, twinkly things, cuddly things, things from every holiday like Ny and even things from Australia. I am hoping to buy a tree to plant in memory of my brother. I want a 40 -60 foot traditional tree, not sure what to get just yet. It can grow happily down the very bottom of the garden and get as tall as it wants without bothering anyone. I wanted a horse or sweet chestnut but apparently the stream makes it too wet. Better get some advice about it.

Happ Christmas to anyone else reading. i hope you manage to enjoy some special moments.

Happy Christmas buddies love Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ps I am saving this time as I just lost the post, the site, the lot grrrr

Hi all, hope your all in festive spirits, I've been hit by the lurgy, very strange tends to happen every year as soon as I finish work, loads to do and another mound of present wrapping to do lol. Like you say Lily the first one is hard and you have your mum to deal with too, hope yesterday went okay.

Nicky hope hospital appointment went or goes okay. I so wish we could post pictures on here, would love to see everyone's trees xx

carole, are you all set too?!?

countdown begins, got my next few days mapped out. Merry Xmas and healthy new year all xxx

Hi everyone. Can I pass on my Christmas wishes to you all too and hoping it will be a happy and peaceful time for you.Its tricky here because of my brother and mum gets worse every day nearer to Christmas but the lirttle ones all distract me and get so much pleasure out of buying things to make them smile, laugh or learn things from their toys.  We put my brother's ashes in the graveyard tomorrow so it will be a difficult day, especially for mum.

Our usual visitor is mid atlantic as we speak so lots to do here, although I tend to let him just fit into how we are rather than change much. He is so very rich that ordinary normal is quite a novelty for him. I went out shopping twice today and feel that I got a lot more ticked off my list. The last minute foods can wait until later in the week to be as fresh as possible.  

Nicky I have no idea what a scandi tree is, some sort of theme/colour? I know you have another hospital visit this week, so hope you get in and back out quickly without any wait or problems. Glad you managed to get a tree at your second stop. Carole enjoy seeing as many folk as you can and hope your mum is behaving herself too Smiley Happy    Lisa how are things with your mum now? I hope she can manage to enjoy th family around, even though its not everyone she would like to be there. Our first Christmas too, difficult time. Love to all Lily xxx

Community Champion

Hi ladies

Hope all of you are managing to get things done and not too much extra issues with family etc. A busy time of the year but one im sure we all manage to enjoy. Carole, wishing you a very HAppy Christmas with the family which will be lovely for you to see them all this year. Happy Christmas to Lily and Lisa in case I don't get back on here before the big day.

Well, we now have a tree, hooray. A bit worried when we turned up at the first place we went to and they only had small ones which looked a bit sorry for themselves, and only about 8 of those left anyway. I could see us not having a tree at all as we'd left it so late. However the next place had lots which was good and all at half price which was even better! We got home and for the first time it was just OH and I decorating it as no Ds around at the moment. So, we've gone for a Scandi look which was agreed on last year but really suits the new house so hoping that the Ds like it when they see it. Just now need to finish wrapping presents to put underneath it so it looks even better!

Have a good rest of the weekend and a good week getti in the Christmas spirit.

Nicky x

Had a smile at the turkey story Lily, that's the sort of thing my Mum would do. I used to have a beautiful rabbit fur jacket in a pale brown colour, it was so warm.   Of course when the days of real fur passed it had to go. Is it true what I'm hearing that real fur is back in fashion now?   I'm sure you'll be super warm in your new coat Lily.

In case this is my last post before the festivities I will wish you all a very Merry Christmas now, I may pop in but am sure to be busy from Tuesday onwards.

Take care all, love Carole xx

Hi  Lisa, glad you enjoyed my tale of woe. She is a terror at times. Today she is miserable again, never know what I will walk into. Fab long holiday for you well done, as good as mine. I did tons of shopping today including for my own presents!! Victor is swimming in work and I wanted a new coat so there is no way he could choose that. I had enough trouble myself!! I love the fur collars that are in at the moment but unfortunately I cannot have rabbit fur near me as I raect to it, and boy have a lot of rabbits been skinned this year for coats Smiley Sad    Anyway I went in to debenhams and found one I liked from red herring with a non rabbit fur collar Smiley Happy  I could hardly walk back to the car I had so much shopping and of course had to keep buying silly bags grrr. Enjoy your weekends everyone Lily x

Lol Lily that post made me giggle. Well not sure what's happeded but I wrote a long post few nights back and it's not showing and told me I couldn't get online last night - anyone else? 

First late ate night meeting for me tonight in my new role, but guess what,  I'm now officially on holiday 4th jan, how lucky am I. Off to Chester market tomorrow and Cheshire oaks, can't wait poor mum needs a break.

hopemyour all having fun and I'll catch up on Sunday xxx

Hi everyone. Well I don't know about you but I am starting to get very excited about Christmas and especially being home and getting on with my shopping Smiley Happy . Last week I spotted a very large turkey breast crown. I was out with mum in her wheelchair so we have to put our joint shopping in a basket on her lap. No problem she said, get it now or there won't be another one. Well I did suggest the turkey could be rather heavy. No problem she said. Well of course we had gone a mere 30 seconds before she said, you know I think you were right, i can't have this on my lap! Well we had gone in early where you can shop but not buy, so I had to wander around with a giant turkey under my arm, trying to push the wheelchair - no mean task! Eventually the tills were about to open so I parked mum in an interesting section and went to get at the front of a queue. Any till that has its light on, bellowed the superviser. I opted for number 11 as a number were already queuing. Guess which one arrived last? Yes mine, which wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't had a man decide to chat away to me. Would you expect to be standing in the queue of a little town and be chatted up by a deep sea fisherman buying mackerel for bait, all dressed ready to go in high vis dayglo gear and boots? My mum then suggested that the WHOLE shop thought she had been abandoned by me and were wondering if she was alright. I really think she just enjoyed the attention. So I am going to thoroughly enjoy shopping completely on my own with no wheelchair so I can dash past people and queue jump like they all do to me. How has you week been everyone? . Hugs L xx

Hi buddies. Thank you Carole, she is back in the normal range of poorly with a dreadful chest infection and on abs even though they think they won't work!! She is miserable and inseparable from ed so she's off work. For a first time mum its a very worrying time. What strange weather with snow up top and us all having the warmest weather and being too hot with jumpers on. It needs to even up a little. The year she was born, you must have been wondering whether to start cooking Christmas dinner or not! No i didn't manage to see the launch, probably at work but it would have been lovely to see. i remember watching a launch when I was little at infant school on the headteacher's tv. Not sure I had any idea what was going on then. I think you will see lots more Smiley Happy . Well at last I have written my cards and will post them off in the morning unless I do my usual trick of sailing past the post box and taking them for a ride to work.Stamps are getting rather expensive these days so i really should try to be early and pass more on when I see people. Take care love Lily xx 

Hi all, Lily I hope your grandaughter has improved since the weekend? Yes snow arriving for those in the North, today is colder and grey here. Nicky and Lisa hope you are both ok and enjoying the run up to Christmas. Our YD has her 21st birthday on 28 Dec so our little one was born just after Christmas. It is a horrid time I think to have a birthday, right on top of Christmas.

Did anyone see the live launch of British Astronaut Tim? I was quite emotional. Probably not something I will see again in my lifetime. Well that's me being maudlin again lol.

xxx
Highlighted

Hi everyone. Nicky we had a birthday weekend too, unfortunately she was whisked off to hospital. Slightly improved but been checked over so ed is in less of panic. All of the littles have had really nasty bugs that have been hard to shift and lasted ages. Each of them were told they would have abs a few years back but vcan;t now. Then they take 3 weeks to improve so difficult to know what's best. Nicky you seem to have secretly accelerated past all of us and almost completed Christmas preparations - how did you do it? I have been told to scale down this year but that makes it even harder to make sure the sacks (or maybe bags this year Smiley Sad   look fairly even. Little chap has asked for a set of books and they have arrived, one by one! That was a lot easier than requests for fish tank pumps, whiteboards, coats and other things that require a lot of information to organise. Some very odd requests this year! Poor Scotland with snow already. It made me think of Val and our other buddies of course. Take care -  Lily xx

Community Champion

Hi buddies

A very busy weekend for me so a bit quiet on the forum front.

We celebrated EDs belated birthday on Friday night, busy on Saturday trying to get the house all Christmassy, which we tend to do after EDs birthday. This is taking longer this year as we're trying to work out which decorations can go where, or not at all if they don't suit the new house. Still half done with boxes in the lounge and no tree until next weekend which I prefer as they only drop all over the place by the beginning of Jan. YD was also here which was nice to catch up with her and she's back next weekend for Christams as she hasn't used all her holiday up so gets a good long break.

Im dashing around for all the last minute bits although have got all the main presents sorted. Plus trying to get a couple of items of clothing for me. I've lost weight over the past year or so so any smart trousers I had no longer fit and can I find I pair, can I heck! I've tried everywhere and happy to pay a bit more as I want them to last but nothing seems quite right so I'll keep searching.

How is everyone? Sounds like Christams is on its way especially in Lily's house with all the littlies, or should I say especially with lily! Wishing a speedy recovery to little miss as well. How is the flooding situation Lisa? I hope people are trying to get things straightened but it does look like such a huge task and so soul destroying. I really feel for them especially when you see it all on the news and know how bad it is. Are you doing OK Carole? It must be very difficult when you are on your own most of the time but it sounds like you will be with family for most of Chriatmas which will be nice. My treatment on Chr Eve doesn't usually cause me any problems, I just hope it goes smoothly and I'm not on the ward for ages as I'm sure there will be things I have to be doing. Plus I have another echo on the Tuesday so my Christmas is sandwiched between hospital appointments.

Anyway, ttfn

Nicky x

Hi everyone. Thank you Carole , I will try to calm down a little but really I find Christmas very exciting and love it. Our littlest one was in hospital tonight but they think viral (don't they always) and have sent her home. She did look very poorly and making this droning noise. Fingers crossed she is getting over it soon. The bigger ones are all very excited and eagerly listen to anything about santa and how to get more pressies!! There are some amazing things on mobiles now where santa tooks to them personally. Sorry in a rush tonight but hope all is well love Lily xx

Hi Lily

Good luck with the voting on x factor, I hope the winners are the ones you vote for. It sounds like you are getting a bit stressed, so, take a breath or two and remember what is important., eg you not being ill because of stress and worry.   Telling off done so hope you are feeling ok and enjoying all those little people you have to hug.   I have the opposite extreme, it's too peaceful for me and I miss my hugs!

I've been watching Top of the Pops 2 and reminiscing about all my favourite Christmas songs, it's quite sad too feeling so old as they were good days.

Lisa I hope your friends and family are doing ok with all the flood damage, I do feel for you.

Nicky hopefully your treatment on Christmas Eve won't leave you too bad for the next couple of days.   I understand what it's like to have a child missing for Christmas, it is something I've had to cope with since we moved to France.   At least this year I will see 2 children on two days then all 3 for Boxing Day, so really looking forward to that.

Hope all the bugs, coughs and colds stay away from you all.

Love Carole xx

Hi, did you vote on x factor? I am a Louisa fan and hope she will win. You can't really compare the voices of the 2 finalists but we will see. Its a  busy weekend with loads of work to do, still haven' written any cards apart from overseas ones. Dashed out and bought around 80 packets of sweets for the kids at school. I need more but think I might pass around big tubs of sweets for some. Its an exciting week to work in a school but very tiring as they get so excited. I am so behind with xmas shopping, the worst I have ever been mainly because Victor has not been on a big shop day with me. I guess primarni profits will tumble this year lol. Hope you are all enjoying the weekend love Lily xxx

Hi everyone, sorry there is still so much trouble in Cumbria Lisa. So unfair to have it repeat, I don't know how people manage, i really don't. Carole how is your language group coming along? Do you meet regularly. Sorry in all of this I forgot to say I am glad that your bone scan was ok recently.

Nicky boo to a treatment on Christmas Eve. Will it make any difference to how you are feeling over Christmas? You never really mention any side effects but you would be fortunate to miss any at all. Its a sign of getting older when all the family plans change at Christmas and I think ours will a bit too this year. Its not necessarily a bad thing, just different. I try to go to as much as I can with the little onesThimgs have changed there too. For goodness sake, who heard of being dressed as a beetle for the nativity play ha ha. I am sure it was his own idea as he has very strong views for a little person who has just started school. These days I just have to look out the compulsary Chrictmas jumper for work.

is anyone able to give me some tax advice? My ancient pension from my life in the city has offered to pay out a sum instead of having a pension as they are shutting down but I want to know if there is any way to avoid losing a lot in tax. Any ideas would be very welcome. Better buzz off love Lily xxx

Community Champion

Hi

Lily, we are having a different type of Christmas this year as ED is away for the first time ever with her fiancé as they are meeting up with some of  his Australian family who are holiday ing in Europe. The first Christmas he has spent with them for years and years so they are looking forward to it. We will have a quiet Christmas Day just with YD, although a quick visit to parents in law in the morning which they always like. So, our actual celebrating will be done on the Sunday when ED and F are back, that's when we'll have the turkey and all the trimmings 🍗🍾🎄 However I also have the joy of treatment on Christmas Eve so I have to make sure I'm ready with all the food prep and everything else. Luckily YD is off work that week so can help me get things done.

Must rush now, things to do, as with every day this week!

Nicky x

Hi everyone, hope you are all well as there seem to be quite a few colds going around here and all the asthmatic littles are wheezing away and puffing their mini inhalers. Two of my children had it so its no surprise that we passed it on to the next generation. I have never ever had a chest infection but Victor is the weak link on this plus mum. Carole you are spot on it is definitely a 'what about me' syndrome and drives me crazy a lot of the time. However mine is also extremely generous and as soon as anyone has a big bill she helps them and insists on sharing what she has, so my brother and I are always battling her to say no you keep it. She is very comfortable so that helps as she has now hired 3 gardeners, 2 cleaners and the carers! I think she wants 'staff' lol. That part of her has never changed and she would always give anyone her last pound if they needed it or if it was for an animal especially donkeys for some reason!! Always people before possessions as I grew up and its something I like and have tried to pass on. Carole is your mum settled in her new place now? Mine is dreading xmas as you can imagine so all the plans are going to be last minute but it doesn't relaly matter. My house is always heaving with people so it never matters to add a few more. What are all of you doing this year? Any plans yet, apart from Nicky practising babysitting on the cats. How will your treatments work out at Christmas time this year?  Lisa is it very busy at work trying to sort needy folks out from the floods? I better go as lots to do and I might throw a little sleep in before tomorrow. Lily xx

Community Champion

Hi Carole

I must say its pretty mild in the south so it seems the North is getting all of the awful weather you've seen reported. As to cat flaps - been there, done that😉 As you say it will make life easier for when you are away but it's difficult at first to get them used to it. I know with our last kitties I put a peg on the Cat flap to hold it open but it did mean the wind used to whistle through and the kitchen get very cold. However they soon learnt that they could open it with their heads. They are so sweet, our ex-moggies, as they now live with my ED who adores them. They are much safer so, although much closer to town, the traffic is very little and they love going off and exploring. Plus, she and her hubby-to-be are such soppies with them that the cats get away with so much more than when they lived with us. We get to see them regularly and will be on cat sitting duty over Christmas when ED and H2B are away for a few days.

I meant to have said to Lisa that how awful that someone would steal a car that had been abandoned! I just hope they get their comeuppance.

Hi Lily, hope Mum has a good mood for quite a while! It sounds very tough for both you and Carole and unfortunately the colour thing does seem to be of their generation.

Nicky x